What's new
Good to know it’s not just my Mister and it’s a known issue.

I know it's not a Mistercade, but I've had a similar problem with my Jammix. It's most noticeable when binding buttons and one button press will end up doing 2 or 3 binds. I wonder if it's just an issue of needing to debounce the inputs more.

I looked at 2 customer MiSTercade units and couldn’t reproduce any joystick movements causing button issues. I tried it on 2 different cabinets both wired for JAMMA + CPS 2.

I did find a fix for a specific scenario where B4 sometimes triggers B5. Removing these 2 diodes (desolder or lift from below using side cutter) has eliminated the issue. This is only present in some V1.2 units.
IMG_1281.jpeg

In V1.2 I let P1B5 and P2B5 always be connected at the JAMMA edge and the CPS-II connector. In previous versions, I passed the JAMMA edge B5 pins through the switch.

MiSTercade VS is nearly here! The main boards arrived and now I wait for updated VS boards.

Also making good progress on dual SDRAM MiSTercade. Most everything works on the first prototype.

Apologies for not visiting this thread more often. I don’t make time to pop in as often as I’d like. I’m most active on my Discord server and have a MiSTercade channel if you want to see the latest of what I’m up to :)

I won’t post the link here unless someone confirms it’s allowed. Don’t mean to step on toes.

I looked at 2 customer MiSTercade units and couldn’t reproduce any joystick movements causing button issues. I tried it on 2 different cabinets both wired for JAMMA + CPS 2.

I did find a fix for a specific scenario where B4 sometimes triggers B5. Removing these 2 diodes (desolder or lift from below using side cutter) has eliminated the issue. This is only present in some V1.2 units.
IMG_1281.jpeg

In V1.2 I let P1B5 and P2B5 always be connected at the JAMMA edge and the CPS-II connector. In previous versions, I passed the JAMMA edge B5 pins through the switch.

MiSTercade VS is nearly here! The main boards arrived and now I wait for updated VS boards.

Also making good progress on dual SDRAM MiSTercade. Most everything works on the first prototype.

Apologies for not visiting this thread more often. I don’t make time to pop in as often as I’d like. I’m most active on my Discord server and have a MiSTercade channel if you want to see the latest of what I’m up to :)

I won’t post the link here unless someone confirms it’s allowed. Don’t mean to step on toes.
it was apparent for me on atari tetris for some reason. i kept getting some double movements. it feels random.

it was apparent for me on atari tetris for some reason. i kept getting some double movements. it feels random.
MiSTercade has debounce at the microcontroller level. It's been used in plenty of fighting game tournaments. Have you tried replacing your joystick or switches? They get noisy and bouncy over time.

A friend and I talk this morning and conclued: if we are enjoyed about one item buyed this year, it is realy Mistercade.
nearly plug and play. Yes, it's the Goat
Big up to you @misteraddons
Wow, thank you!

I had plenty of help from @ShootTheCore, @TodoRojo, Gillaxian, and others during development.

MiSTercade has debounce at the microcontroller level. It's been used in plenty of fighting game tournaments. Have you tried replacing your joystick or switches? They get noisy and bouncy over time.
Yeah these are brand new jlfs and both sides did it.

Here's a possibility. These mistercades that are doing this: what cabs are they in? Do these cabs have an io inside like a Blast or a Cyberlead? Rather than straight jamma.

@d00mdrew @advans14 ?

Here's a possibility. These mistercades that are doing this: what cabs are they in? Do these cabs have an io inside like a Blast or a Cyberlead? Rather than straight jamma.

@d00mdrew @advans14 ?
Negative on my end. Just a straight through, uninterrupted, original JAMMA wiring in a NAC. I can’t replicate it every time either and usually a full reboot of the Mister eliminates it for awhile. I just fired it up the other day for a DoDonPachi session and my LEFT and UP inputs were doing it again. I restarted the Mister and it went away for the rest of the session (I maybe played an hour or so).

Could it be an SD card thing? RAM issue? Voltage (I’m getting a hair above 5v flat)? I even considered the JAMMA harness itself as it’s seen better days at this stage in its life, but my PCBs don’t have any issues 🤷‍♂️

Edit - In regards to my controls, I’m using parts less than 6 months old (LS-56 and Sanwa buttons) so there’s no way it’s a lever issue.

It was just an angle I wasn't sure had been covered. Hm.

Voltage (I’m getting a hair above 5v flat)?
I just checked and in one of my cabs with it it sits around 5.05, and a different one is 4.98 and I haven't experienced this in either.

I'd imagine the SD card is out of the equation as soon as a game's done loading.

Not to be overly negative, but nullobject cores (cave) leaves a few things to be desired in the technical department... Is the issue exclusive to those cores`?
A few is an understatement.

But no, it also seems to happen in cores from a few different devs.

Not to be overly negative, but nullobject cores (cave) leaves a few things to be desired in the technical department... Is the issue exclusive to those cores`?
To be honest, I’ve only used it for vertical games so far and couldn’t detect any issues with the Raizing and Toaplan cores. If I remember, I’ll try moving it over to my YOKO set up this weekend and run through some CPS1/2 to see if it occurs with SF and the like. Input issues should be easily detectable with fighters.

I’m also not trying to be negative, it’s an awesome device to have and I’ve been having a ton of fun with it. Besides the input hiccups at certain times, it’s been great to play Outzone and Cave stuff in this format without dishing out for the PCBs.

I’ve also noticed it being implemented more and more in a lot of Super Turbo and Vampire Savior tournaments/streams so I’m not questioning the accuracy either ✌️

I need assistance (New Member) with my Mistercade addon hardware... I have been using it with my VGA consumer CRT (VGA out) until recently when I purchased a Raiden II (Taito Cabinet) that I wanted to use for this project. I put a new monitor and chassis (newly refurbed, re-capped and new flyback) and put a new JAMMA edge connector with harness. Raiden II runs great and looks amazing. However, this is not the case when I use the Mistercade. I am getting a wicked humm noise that is a deal breaker for me and after speaking at extent with the developer is unable to solve the issue.

I have now tested the device on multiple arcade monitors (LCD and CRT).. The noise is considerable worse on the CRTs but can still be seen on LCD. I have a link to video of the issue on my google drive..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mMBfM0tBb01kGlDO2joEHT7DBYilq2NN/view?usp=sharing

I appreciate any suggestions or insights into this problem

TIA
Brian

Attachments

• 20231014_172943.jpg
    20231014_172943.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 54
Check your cab grounds. Try unplugging all associated power suckers on that circuit or move to a different one. What power supply are you using?

Back