What's new
You can Just run a PC off the IEC in the cab no worries. This setup has had mame in it for ages and is setup like a arcade pcb.
Thanks for the pic. Been fiddling around with my XBox One in the cab to test the monitor. Not getting sound through HDMI and guessing it has something to do with the red/white cables just hanging out. How do you have your sound set up with the PC? Also - the plugging internal cable right into PC power supply hack was genius. Hope that is a universal solution for my Optiplex build.

Looking to do this to possibly wire a Brook board and also maybe try my hand at getting a USB cable through for a phone charger. Can someone show a pic of exactly which thing can be removed? Thanks.

I did something similar but with old parts I had... I dual modded a 360 fight pad with a chimp (ps3 + imp for switching boards). Had them wired to the respective connectors of the cabinet so if I want JVS, I unplug the two connectors and connect them straight to the back plate, if I want PC/360, I unplug and put them back in

2023-02-01_171921.jpg

The whole I used to pass the USB cable through was the last connector

2023-02-01_171602.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Been fiddling around with my XBox One in the cab to test the monitor. Not getting sound through HDMI and guessing it has something to do with the red/white cables just hanging out. How do you have your sound set up with the PC? Also - the plugging internal cable right into PC power supply hack was genius. Hope that is a universal solution for my Optiplex build.

if you're using the stock monitor, HDMI won't ass through audio as it is a DVI monitor, you will need some sort of HDMI audio extractor to output the audio into the Audio In on the STD connect PCB.

For PC Audio, I have a 3.5mm out from the pc to a stereo RCA that goes into the STD Connect PCB

I did something similar but with old parts I had... I dual modded a 360 fight pad with a chimp (ps3 + imp for switching boards). Had them wired to the respective connectors of the cabinet so if I want JVS, I unplug the two connectors and connect them straight to the back plate, if I want PC/360, I unplug and put them back in

2023-02-01_171921.jpg

The whole I used to pass the USB cable through was the last connector

2023-02-01_171602.jpg

if you're using the stock monitor, HDMI won't ass through audio as it is a DVI monitor, you will need some sort of HDMI audio extractor to output the audio into the Audio In on the STD connect PCB.

For PC Audio, I have a 3.5mm out from the pc to a stereo RCA that goes into the STD Connect PCB
Are you breaking that last connector with pliers to get it out of there, Julius? I guess I'm nervous to pop it off as I don't want to damage anything. What would go to that connector if it was left in there anyways? And noted on the 3.5 to RCA female splitter for PC. Tracking that down on Amazon now.

nope. Just pressing it down from the back plate

I actually didn't bother finding out what goes there, I'm sure it'd be on the manual

nope. Just pressing it down from the back plate

I actually didn't bother finding out what goes there, I'm sure it'd be on the manual
Successfully got it out without breaking anything. Now for the next part - if I plan on going between 1p and 2p Brook/Bigbox setups, should I opt for two Zero Pi Brook boards and rig things separately or is there a Brook board out there that handles two player setups with ease? I'd prefer the one board that allows for 1p and 2p options as it would cut down on cable management. There is minimal info online/YT about two player Brook setups. What do you think?

Hi guys, first post in this thread which seems to be the best resource for Noir owners on the web 😊

The led strip on the control panel on my Noir has almost all the LEDs dead.
Is there an easy way to replace the LEDs on the original board, or to connect a non-original led strip connecting it to the same power wire?

Thanks!

Hi guys, first post in this thread which seems to be the best resource for Noir owners on the web 😊

Is there an easy way to replace the LEDs on the original board, or to connect a non-original led strip connecting it to the same power wire?

Thanks!
I bought these joints to replace the marquee and panel lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TSZ21DZ/
I like the dimming and pairing to 1 remote features (as I'll need 2 sets).
My Noirs are in storage atm so can't test to see if the OEM LEDs are 12v. They likely are but if not, easy enough to run an extension cord in the cab.

Control panel LED boards are 24V in a Noir.
Same as in Lindy.

Do you own both Noir & Lindy? as I've always felt both were very similar maybe made in the same factory or the same contractor.

So you guys suggest I should buy a standard 24v led strip (eg. from Amazon)? And what kind of connector would I need in order to plug it in the noir control panel? I’m a total newbie with electric stuff and wiring so any help “for dummies” would be greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks!

The LED’s were mostly gone on my Red Noir, they are very tiny and I decided to not repair.

So what I did was buy some 24V led strip and stuck to the led panels.

Worked out fine but too bright so I added an inline dimmer switch.

As for the connector I didn’t reuse it, just soldered my new led strip to the led pcb.

The LED’s were mostly gone on my Red Noir, they are very tiny and I decided to not repair.

So what I did was buy some 24V led strip and stuck to the led panels.

Worked out fine but too bright so I added an inline dimmer switch.

As for the connector I didn’t reuse it, just soldered my new led strip to the led pcb.
Thanks for the tip! Could you please send some pics of the final result? Especially the “soldering” part where you connected the new led strip.
Thanks!

Does anyone know if anyone makes repro control panel overlays or if originals still available from Namco?

I just got two noirs and they've got the usual rust/crust on the edge of the control panel and the overlays are lifting.

Alberto makes them, I managed to get a new one from Wen at HKlegend but it may of been her last one.

Is anyone willing to part ways with there topper. The marquee that goes over the monitor.

I have two toppers, one (older?) more angled one that was on my red cabinet, and one (newer?) less angled one that was on my blue cabinet.

I'd trade the less angled one for a more angled one, since I have angled ceilings.

Back