What's new
Having managed to nuke my Jammafier with a dropped probe whilst measuring voltages ‍ :S @invzim was great in getting it back working again nice and quickly :thumbsup:

The Windy 2 has Jamma games again, and the Vewlix now has Jamma with his updated TSH (via OSSC). I look forward to seeing what his own scaler is like in comparison :thumbup:

I am definitely down for his scaler, and another Jammifier. While its cool to have the OG Windy 2 adapter, the jammafier is the way to go.

@invzim any updates on when the jammafier will be in stock again?
I'm looking into it - release of the scaler has gone smooth so far, a bunch of units in transit so once that is cleared I'll concentrate on getting more Jammafiers.

Looking into doing a small revision to make it bit more friendly to manufacture (no time to do manual assembly runs these days), I would say optimistic timeframe is 8-12 weeks. On the bright side, I'm going to do it like the Scaler and JVS-PAC 2 - i.e. once there is stock, it should be plenty.

New prototype of the Jammafier. Changes are briefly:
  • Toggle switch to power the Tri-Sync helper, and a LED to indicate that it's active
  • Solder-less (for me :))mounting of OLED display - uses a flat flex cable and a connector instead
  • Toggle switch to select either positive or negative speaker as source for audio, this affects only 1 or 2 PCB's but was easy to throw in there.
2020-01-15 jammafier proto.JPG

Chinese new year is about to paralyze China for 2 weeks, and I haven't gotten a quote for production yet - so not exactly around the corner, but there is progress..

New prototype of the Jammafier. Changes are briefly:
  • Toggle switch to power the Tri-Sync helper, and a LED to indicate that it's active
  • Solder-less (for me :))mounting of OLED display - uses a flat flex cable and a connector instead
  • Toggle switch to select either positive or negative speaker as source for audio, this affects only 1 or 2 PCB's but was easy to throw in there.
2020-01-15 jammafier proto.JPG

Chinese new year is about to paralyze China for 2 weeks, and I haven't gotten a quote for production yet - so not exactly around the corner, but there is progress..
Wonderful, I can get this and the Retro Scaler at the same time :D.

Wonderful news i been wanting one for the longest now :D

Would you consider doing it in black? :whistling:

Jamma edge connector only comes in blue, so I think blue PCB looks best?

Jamma edge connector only comes in blue, so I think blue PCB looks best?
using the HAS as an example.

i think the black pcb is best But thats just my opinion/taste. I'm still gonna buy a jammafier regardless :)

Attachments

• 3434B7BA-71B4-4F4C-A79F-A9FC6BEA3387.jpeg
    3434B7BA-71B4-4F4C-A79F-A9FC6BEA3387.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 99
black are annoying to look at though when you accidentally fry the -5V amp and need to repair it... 8o

Hello all. I use jammafier and tri sync module on my NNC. My toshiba have no burn, but I must set contrast 15khz 170/200 and britgness 90/115.
For me it's too much but I dont know if it's my monitor or I dont know set my engine.

img_2583.jpg

Sorry @jassin000 but that is wrong.
The NNC Tosh PF has different settings for 15k/31k, same connector.
Jammafier on my NNC is spot on for 15k content, so is 31k connected directly without Jammafier

EDIT; with the tri sync helper that is :)

Last edited:
Hello all. I use jammafier and tri sync module on my NNC. My toshiba have no burn, but I must set contrast 15khz 170/200 and britgness 90/115.
For me it's too much but I dont know if it's my monitor or I dont know set my engine.
Is it just one game, or all games you tried? What is it normally when you use e..g naomi?

Last edited:
I deleted my original post, but just to be clear I'm not talking about scan rate (ie 15khz vs 31khz).

I'm talking about RGB power values/levels...
Some (but obviously not all) monitors with both VGA ports and CGA ports expect 3~5Vpp on CGA BUT 0.7Vpp on the VGA port.
Feeding too high (aka 5Vpp) RGB value into one of these type monitors washes it out/makes it appear very very bright with a loss of contrast.

I haven't used a NNC Toshiba, or a TSH so I really don't have any idea...
But I have used other monitors that do function in the way I'm describing, and I have directly connected devices (like the OSSC) to the Jammafier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jammafier on my NNC is spot on for 15k content, so is 31k connected directly without Jammafier

EDIT; with the tri sync helper that is :)
could say me your contrast and your brigtness set in 15 khz, for me contrast 15khz 170 on 200(max) and britgness 90 on 115(max)
Is it just one game, or all games you tried? What is it normally when you use e..g naomi?
I try to borrow one Naomi, or I have xbox 360 with VGA.

So I think find one explanation. When I plug directly my PCB on JAMMAFIER without tri sync helper I have a very nice picture wtih only a level about contrast 15khz 130 on 200, and 70 brigtness.
When I use tri sync in contrast decrease and I must up contrast to 150.
Last thing I use a 6 in 1 JAMMA with it I must use tri sync without it picture is shitty.

So this picture combo tri sync + 6 in 1 jamma set contrast 15khz 170/200 and britgness 90/115:

img_2583.jpg

and direct without anything set 130/200:

img_2585.jpg

So any idea for increase contrast with 6 in 1 jamma without touch screen set?

I try with a naomi it's nice but with console like XBOX 360 and DC with VGA picture are dark and I dont understand why. Amplicator missing for console?

Back