What's new
That's just wild. Keeping my fingers crossed he makes you whole eventually. Even if my stuff gets sorted and I'm grateful, there's definitely no excusing that kind of behavior. You have every right to be bitter over that.
I'm not bitter about it, in the end, it's only $$$ and I can make more. I am extremely pissed off though about my wasted time and the promises I made to my son about getting the cab for him. The fact that he won't acknowledge the fuck up and try to make things right though, that is wild. Everyone can go through a rough time, shit can get crazy, we are human and can and do fuck up, its what you do after that matters most. I really hope he gets his shit together and comes through for the people that he owes. He has plenty of ways to make things right if he wants to, but he hasn't even bothered to offer anything.

I'm calling it now, he's stringing you along the way he always does.

"Don't worry, I send it Friday. I give you tracking you will be happy" 😅

I'm calling it now, he's stringing you along the way he always does.

"Don't worry, I send it Friday. I give you tracking you will be happy" 😅
Nah, it's legit. I checked the tracking number in the system this morning and it's actually en route.

I'm such a fucking putz, I honestly almost feel bad for having to put my foot down like I did. But had I not, there's no telling when I actually would have gotten my stuff or a straight answer. For the last 20 years, I've genuinely tried to be cool and get along with everyone in this community, and it truly sucks to have to escalate things so far or drag someone who offered to do you a favor just to get results.

I swear I'm getting soft in my 40s. :S

This seems to be the trend with bad sellers. They sell a bill of goods, life circumstances happen (which is understandable, I'm human too) then they ghost but still keep taking orders (which is wrong). Please, if you have a good reputation and sell wares here, PLEASE put new transactions on hold if you are going thru rough personal times. It's that simple. Make a message about it. Let us know you are going thru something rough and personal and you will be taking leave and putting a hold on new orders till you get to a better place. We don't need a detailed story, but at least make some kind of post and halt further transactions so others don't bog you down even more.

Nah, it's legit. I checked the tracking number in the system this morning and it's actually en route.

I'm such a fucking putz, I honestly almost feel bad for having to put my foot down like I did. But had I not, there's no telling when I actually would have gotten my stuff or a straight answer. For the last 20 years, I've genuinely tried to be cool and get along with everyone in this community, and it truly sucks to have to escalate things so far or drag someone who offered to do you a favor just to get results.

It's not legit until it's in your hands 😉
How do you know he didn't send you an empty box or a box of adult toys? 🤔 you never hear of the psu size box 📦 scam to circumvent refund on 2 Blast Cities in Chicago?
I wouldn't put this past Omar.
Basically some piece of crap with the last name Fernandez (KOF) on Klov escalated a refund for 2 Blast Cities and sent back a box with a Blast City harness (the size of a Blast Psu)and that was enough for paypal to side with the scammer as he provided tracking. It didn't matter if the box was the size of a Blast psu...they thought he returned the Blasts and got to keep the money and both Blasts. True story.

It's not legit until it's in your hands 😉
How do you know he didn't send you an empty box or a box of adult toys? 🤔 you never hear of the psu size box 📦 scam to circumvent refund on 2 Blast Cities in Chicago?
I wouldn't put this past Omar.
Basically some piece of crap with the last name Fernandez (KOF) on Klov escalated a refund for 2 Blast Cities and sent back a box with a Blast City harness (the size of a Blast Psu)and that was enough for paypal to side with the scammer as he provided tracking. It didn't matter if the box was the size of a Blast psu...they thought he returned the Blasts and got to keep the money and both Blasts. True story.
Man, that is savage, but that is the Paypal way.

This seems to be the trend with bad sellers. They sell a bill of goods, life circumstances happen (which is understandable, I'm human too) then they ghost but still keep taking orders (which is wrong). Please, if you have a good reputation and sell wares here, PLEASE put new transactions on hold if you are going thru rough personal times. It's that simple. Make a message about it. Let us know you are going thru something rough and personal and you will be taking leave and putting a hold on new orders till you get to a better place. We don't need a detailed story, but at least make some kind of post and halt further transactions so others don't bog you down even more.
This part I don't agree with as life isn't simple. If people are running a business then they can't just stop working because they're having a rough time for example.

Try going through a relationship break up, recovering from a bad car smash or having everything you own stolen and then you'll realize that life is not that simple. Those are just examples btw.

Just saying bro that you can't simplify life in one paragraph. People have private lives too and aren't going to share their problems ( they may not even be aware of a problem as life moves that fast) on a small forum ( although some will post their whole lives on FB or Insta which is just weird ).

This part I don't agree with as life isn't simple. If people are running a business then they can't just stop working because they're having a rough time for example.

Try going through a relationship break up, recovering from a bad car smash or having everything you own stolen and then you'll realize that life is not that simple. Those are just examples btw.

Just saying bro that you can't simplify life in one paragraph. People have private lives too and aren't going to share their problems ( they may not even be aware of a problem as life moves that fast) on a small forum ( although some will post their whole lives on FB or Insta which is just weird ).
Not asking for a detailed explination of what's going on. Just a little sentence or 2 explaining that due to life circumstances, you need to put sales on hold.

If you are still taking money for things you know you cannot deliver, then you are stealing people's money, plain and simple. Don't rob Peter to pay Paul.

Being compassionate to people can just as easily be a severe negative if the people in question are incorrigibly taking advantage of others. Life is cruel. Not to ruin anyone’s innocence, but being gentle isn’t always the answer.

What CAN be done to avoid things in their entirety is don't take the money if the work isn't done. It's really that simple.

None of the folks who were having cabs shoddily restored would have been put in the positions they were if they didn't pay in full up front.

Because as we've seen, he'll have had the money from day one, then months/years later "doesn't have the money to pay the painter", etc. He just spends it elsewhere rather than on what he's promised.

put new transactions on hold if you are going thru rough personal times
This as well.

It's not hard to do right by people regardless of what is going on in life. You just have to actually want to.

You had a right to get upset over another person stalling to give you back what is yours.

You even offered to compensate and he didn't give you the info for you to do so.

At least you are getting your stuff back. I know how it feels to wait for something and not get it and get excuses. In my case, I paid for something and never got it. Unrelated to this king dude, but still. I feel your pain, lol.

Not asking for a detailed explination of what's going on. Just a little sentence or 2 explaining that due to life circumstances, you need to put sales on hold.
Life circumstances? What you mean? Like a broken fingernail maybe? Some conditions are chronic, they never go away. Bit of a simplistic way of looking at life my dude.

I know people with MS, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, going thru bereavement, relationship break ups, mental health issues etc etc the list goes on. After shit like that just functioning can be a problem, but they keep going on because that is all they can do. The last thing on their mind would be coming on an internet forum to explain and refund you for money they no longer have because their ex has wiped them out or they had to pay a medical bill ( examples). Not so simple at all.

Not excusing scammers / ghosters for one minute for those that want to get offended. So easy to get offended these days LOL! Life happens, shit happens.

Whatever your circumstances are, if you cannot deliver you shouldn't be offering the services. Period. offering services or sales you know you can't follow through on is theft no matter how you look at it.
Fuck, you must live in an Ivory Tower or something. PMSL! Black and white thinking? No grey areas. Simplistic.

It takes quite a few experiences to get up to that Ivory tower but being ripped off every time you believe in the good intentions that people had sure does help build the stairs.

“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.”
― T.S. Eliot

It takes quite a few experiences to get up to that Ivory tower but being ripped off every time you believe in the good intentions that people had sure does help build the stairs.

“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.”
― T.S. Eliot
Am not sure what you think an 'Ivory Tower' is?
As for evil? Bit dramatic? The atom bomb maybe would come to mind when that's quoted at me! lol

Just stating how the real world works. I own a plumbing business, and guess what happens if I don't follow thru on my contracts. I don't get to keep the money and I'll likely face legal action if I don't refund and the reputation I established over the past 22 years will be completely tarnished. Thats regardless of the circumstances behind why I couldn't finish said contract. If you hired me to remodel your bathroom, paid me in advance and I never showed up, what would you do? There is no Grey area. You are either providing the service the customer you paid for or you are taking money from someone. And if life circumstances change to where you can no longer provide that service you don't take on anymore work. Follow through on your obligations. I'm not speaking any further on this because it's totally cut and dry. Or black and white as you said. If you cannot grasp the concept, that's on you but be sure to let me know if there's any pcbs or cabs you are looking for and I'll gladly sell them to you.

Just stating how the real world works. I own a plumbing business, and guess what happens if I don't follow thru on my contracts. I don't get to keep the money and I'll likely face legal action if I don't refund and the reputation I established over the past 22 years will be completely tarnished. Thats regardless of the circumstances behind why I couldn't finish said contract. If you hired me to remodel your bathroom, paid me in advance and I never showed up, what would you do? There is no Grey area. You are either providing the service the customer you paid for or you are taking money from someone. And if life circumstances change to where you can no longer provide that service you don't take on anymore work. Follow through on your obligations. I'm not speaking any further on this because it's totally cut and dry. Or black and white as you said. If you cannot grasp the concept, that's on you but be sure to let me know if there's any pcbs or cabs you are looking for and I'll gladly sell them to you.
That's the real world for you though isn't it? Based on your experiences and circumstances.
How about for those with mental health problems? Disabilities? Chronic conditions? So much other shit going on. That's the grey areas I'm talking about but you seem to ignore other people. Feel like I'm just wasting my time explaining this.

Back