What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean *thanks* do DDR isnt it? :)

Now calculate how much would you need to switch 5 or 6 times between those 4 games using a flash cart which only can hold one game at a time ;)
Yes. 47.7 is not much to wait everytime I power on. I expect more wait with bigger games though? if kof97 is 16.8 it means kof2003 will be over 20 seconds maybe?
You can always load up the top three largest games or something. What is the average size of a N/G rom?

Since it's me the one talking, I thought people would infer I was talking about CPS2 ROMs (which have roll-up packs releases that I contribute to)

How the ROMs are updated when decryption flaws are discovered
But AFAIK, the cart will support encrypted rom sets, so wouldn't this render packs unnecessary?
Thanks!!
Well, as you have seen in NG forums, many people had problems with the tools provided and ended up PM'ing rot asking for a ready to go link...

i wonder why do we want (do we?) to statically emulate the description in the cart firmware and not just provide decrypted sets directly in the sd-cart.

I would prefer decrypted sets, because then we don't need to depend on firmware updates in case of bugs in the description routine.

In case the only reason is the crc check in the unibios, we can always hack the unibios to support the crc's of the decrypted sets (the unibios already mix crcs from original carts and bootleg carts.. So it's not a big deal)

Ps- I'm sure I'm going to make some new "friends" after they read my last sentence, lol

itsenäisyyspäivä, independance day. its holiday here.

This is the latest update. so far 45 games load without any issues. The rest have some glitches that I'm fixing. I'll shoot a video on these 45 games.

Current loading time is as follows:

CYBER-LIP - 2,8s
EIGHT MAN - 3,3s
NEO BOMBERMAN - 5,3s
ZED BLADE - 5,7s
ART OF FIGHTING 3 - 11,7s
METAL SLUG 2 - 13,5s
KING OF FIGHTERS 97 - 16,8s
nice times. this means from every power on if cart has zedblade, aof3, mslug2 and kof97 it would take 47.7 seconds only before it can be played because ddr?
@Oochie You can choose to load one single game like NeoSD does and then the loading time is only 5,7s or 11,7s or 13,5s or 16,8 THANKS to DDR.
P.S. How are things in Finland?
is these times include flashing the flashes and ddr? or is that different time to flash those added on top when the game chosen first from list?

i wonder why do we want (do we?) to statically emulate the description in the cart firmware and not just provide decrypted sets directly in the sd-cart.

I would prefer decrypted sets, because then we don't need to depend on firmware updates in case of bugs in the description routine.
Encrypted sets appeal to the purists. I get it, honestly. If the goal is 'perfect', then using decrypted sets falls short of that goal.

IIRC, aren't there still a few games where the encryption hasn't been cracked? I remember it only being 1, possibly 2 games at this point. (and not including the supposed bad dump of SSV that MAME currently uses with sound glitches).

If you want to be purist then you need to use the same decryption hardware and exactly the same algorithm.

To emulate the description using another hardware and some algorithm that appears to work similar to the original, it's closer to a hack than to purism. It's like MAMEtizing the description.

I don't really see the advantage of the on-the-fly-seems-to-work decryption emulation. On the contrary, I only see disadvantages.

Keep on with the discussiong please.... I'd like to see where this is going :) :thumbsup:

I don't really see the advantage of the on-the-fly-seems-to-work decryption emulation. On the contrary, I only see disadvantages.
I agree. My 'purist' attitude stops at being able to get roms running on native hardware. So long as the decrypted roms supply the same experience as running encrypted, it makes no difference to me.

Now waiting 2.5 minutes vs 18 seconds for KOF2k3 to load? That's something I do care about. :)

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I just confirmed that the tool from NeoSD processes the MAME Original untouched romsets :rolleyes: . Those romsets are unzipped concatenated and DECRYPTED before being loaded on the cart. So....no decryption on the fly by the FPGA either on NeoSD 8o 8o 8o

Only about 13 games use decrypges gfx and only 2 use some super lockout. all of them work decrypted and patched on neosd.

Only about 13 games use decrypges gfx and only 2 use some super lockout. all of them work decrypted and patched on neosd.
Please elaborate more. Where did you get the information?

Owwwkey. but the locked romsets is related to Kawaks not to NeoSD. They were intentionally blocked by ElSemi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back