What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy i didn't buy the NeoSD. Was about to, until somebody in a random YouTube comment told me about DarkSoft.

Boy am i glad i didn't press that check-out button!!!!

Crappier Chinese knockoff in 3..2..1...
Funny how not allowing pcb manufacture or assembly in asia has helped us avoid this problem so far. It is more expensive but the quality is better also. I've had up to a 25% failure rate with a certain place that did the full assembly on one small project for us.
Not sure where they have the NeoSD manufactured but the build quality itself doesn't scream Chinese.
Based off of the things their team has posted in the past, manufacture of the boards and cart shells are done somewhere in Europe.

Funny how not allowing pcb manufacture or assembly in asia has helped us avoid this problem so far. It is more expensive but the quality is better also. I've had up to a 25% failure rate with a certain place that did the full assembly on one small project for us.Not sure where they have the NeoSD manufactured but the build quality itself doesn't scream Chinese.
Based off of the things their team has posted in the past, manufacture of the boards and cart shells are done somewhere in Europe.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the cart shells. The issue is the use of power tools, instead of hand tightening the screws. I have seen the same dimples on N64 consoles, when the case is over tightened.

If I was assembling the cartridge and notice the damage, I would ask my customers to wait an extra week while assembling them by hand. They preferred shipping bad quality fast, rather than manage expectations.

SmokeMonster, you are an unsung hero in gaming underground in my opinion. Your Everdrive packs are so helpful to the community (they rock!), the time you invested to benefit everyone in the gaming community is honorable to say the least. I think the work that guys like Darksoft, Krikzz, and you do helps keep retro gaming on authentic hardware alive in a major way. The work you guys do also is important in the historical preservation of gamings past. Cool people stepping up to the plate creating products and filling voids, helping one another out, sharing our experiences and memories of games and how they impacted us, this is what the gaming community is really about, and it's F'ing awesome!
Everdrive packs?

Funny how not allowing pcb manufacture or assembly in asia has helped us avoid this problem so far. It is more expensive but the quality is better also. I've had up to a 25% failure rate with a certain place that did the full assembly on one small project for us.Not sure where they have the NeoSD manufactured but the build quality itself doesn't scream Chinese.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the cart shells. The issue is the use of power tools, instead of hand tightening the screws. I have seen the same dimples on N64 consoles, when the case is over tightened.
If I was assembling the cartridge and notice the damage, I would ask my customers to wait an extra week while assembling them by hand. They preferred shipping bad quality fast, rather than manage expectations.
This is something that can be readily fixed. If I remember correctly when I was in Japan I saw the originals being assembled mechanically.

considering he keeps that thread up-to-date, I'd forgive smokemonster the hassle of updating a second thread, here, every time he does a pack update. just join that forum and bookmark that link. (also the scope of those packs is larger than just arcade-projects... he does start threads for roll-ups here, but only for CPS2 and it sounds like Neo).

..but @SmokeMonster maybe you should add the link to your signature or bio or something. that butter video is freaking weird.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the cart shells. The issue is the use of power tools, instead of hand tightening the screws. I have seen the same dimples on N64 consoles, when the case is over tightened.If I was assembling the cartridge and notice the damage, I would ask my customers to wait an extra week while assembling them by hand. They preferred shipping bad quality fast, rather than manage expectations.
This is something that can be readily fixed. If I remember correctly when I was in Japan I saw the originals being assembled mechanically.
Original AES Carts have no screws, the have internal clips.

Just to clarify, what features will the SD Multicart have? E.g. Filters, store hi-scores.

full, exact details have not been released yet

Good thing the AES version isn't ready yet. Just blew the $400 allotted for it on a Nintendo Switch and the new Zelda. WORTH IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back