What's new
Okay, so I had one of the non-auto updating boards. Mine had the soldered on chip so I thought I was good, turns out... wasn't.

Easy to solder on the ST programmer and updated the firmware to the version that supports auto updating, fired it up and it works but now I have BAD audio distortion and video is messed up a bit (see attached img) Has this happened to anyone else? Every game I've tried is like this.

Any suggestions? It ran just fine before...

Attachments

• media-20171125.jpg
    media-20171125.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 334
How did you solder it? Any pics of the kit?

If you have an older multi it's a bit more complicated so I won't describe it here!
Oh, I didn't realize there was a different install method for older kit revisions. I think that I have the original version. It has had the audio fix done by Mitsu, and the latest firmware (pre-key writing, that is). Can you tell which install method I should follow based on this picture of my kit?
_DSC2822_2.jpg
Full-resolution

Okay, so I had one of the non-auto updating boards. Mine had the soldered on chip so I thought I was good, turns out... wasn't.

Easy to solder on the ST programmer and updated the firmware to the version that supports auto updating, fired it up and it works but now I have BAD audio distortion and video is messed up a bit (see attached img) Has this happened to anyone else? Every game I've tried is like this.

Any suggestions? It ran just fine before...
TBH mine has funky graphics since the update as well, but I've been assuming it was a faulty B-board. I guess I'll try put it on a known good B-board to rule that out.

please tell me exactly what did you change and send a pic of your setup. Did you remove reset from swd5?

We'll solve it. No worries.

Is there anyway to still get my hands on a cps2 multi kit?

Thanks,
Ash

A new day...

Pulled the board to take pics
Put it back to record video

hit record, powered on, no lines or audio problems. OF COURSE RIGHT???? Anyway here's some video of it working.

Seems to work good now? gonna put the case back on and see if it stays that way.

Reseating the boards is always a good idea with issues like you were having, glad to see it's working well again :)

If anyone has a pair of spare connectors to get this working, let me know. Happy to throw a little extra your way for the effort.

Great work, everyone!

If anyone has a pair of spare connectors to get this working, let me know. Happy to throw a little extra your way for the effort.

Great work, everyone!
for the non rev3/4 boards I have one that fits CN9. Shoot me a pm!

This new firmware completely slipped by me. Awesome work finding a way to add encrypted roms so we can have roms 100% untouched for us hard to please purists. :)

Question, does this firmware add any other new features or will this allow any additional games that weren't on the last rom pack? (The one with full names, primarily the english versions, and hacked roms that had extra characters unlocked.) Trying to decide if I will update the firmware and modify the pcb wiring. I'm ok with decrypted roms and kind of love the hacked roms so I instantly have characters unlocked. I'd upgrade if it adds another game to our list of supported games of if any of the encrypted roms plays better than any of decrypted roms.

Question, does this firmware add any other new features or will this allow any additional games that weren't on the last rom pack? (The one with full names, primarily the english versions, and hacked roms that had extra characters unlocked.)
You can still use decrypted roms too. :)

This new firmware completely slipped by me. Awesome work finding a way to add encrypted roms so we can have roms 100% untouched for us hard to please purists. :)

Question, does this firmware add any other new features or will this allow any additional games that weren't on the last rom pack? (The one with full names, primarily the english versions, and hacked roms that had extra characters unlocked.) Trying to decide if I will update the firmware and modify the pcb wiring. I'm ok with decrypted roms and kind of love the hacked roms so I instantly have characters unlocked. I'd upgrade if it adds another game to our list of supported games of if any of the encrypted roms plays better than any of decrypted roms.
I'm not an authority on how (if at all) these are different from games in the pack, but these are the main unique MAME titles I didn't see in the old "base" pack:

jyangokuJyangokushi: Haoh no Saihai (Japan 990527)
mmancp2uMega Man: The Power Battle (CPS2, USA 951006, SAMPLE Version)
nwarrNight Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (Euro 950316)
ssf2tbSuper Street Fighter II: The Tournament Battle (World 931119)
vhunt2Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge (Japan 970929)

Back