What's new
ok, i've spent a few hours messing about with this and i got nowhere. tried the github web build etc but still cant get the relay to activate (keeping in mind that i only use the phone to operate the game selection from the pi (no screen/buttons attached to the pi3)).
Does this section from piforcetools.py not mean there must be a physical "SELECT" button pressed in order to switch the gpio output high?

while True:

# Handle SELECT
if lcd.buttonPressed(lcd.SELECT):
if lcd.SELECT not in pressedButtons:
pressedButtons.append(lcd.SELECT)
if selection is "Change Target":
curr_ip += 1
if curr_ip >= len(ips):
curr_ip = 0
lcd.message("\n"+ips[curr_ip])
elif selection is "Ping Netdimm":
lcd.clear()
lcd.message("Pinging\n"+ips[curr_ip])
response = os.system("ping -c 1 "+ips[curr_ip])
lcd.clear()
if response == 0:
lcd.message("SUCCESS!")
else:
lcd.message("Netdimm is\nunreachable!")
sleep(2)
lcd.clear()
lcd.message(selection)
else:
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD)
GPIO.setup(40, GPIO.OUT)
GPIO.output(40,1)
sleep(0.4)
GPIO.output(40,0)
lcd.clear()
lcd.message("Hard Reset\nWait...")
sleep(2.0)
lcd.clear()
lcd.message("Connecting...")

@Philbee90 Which image/script did you use? The author has an image on github with the auto reset feature added to it, is this the one you are testing?

Anyone know if this version will still let you use the lcd/buttons for controls as well?

Last edited:
I used the latest pi force web and have tried different relays etc. I don't have the lcd screen to test. Has anyone else managed to get the output to switch using their phone/tablet with piforce web?

Hey,

so - it appears that I may have screwed this bit up, sorry; the code has been amended to include the GPIO settings from the original LCD based script, so it now reads:

while True:
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD)
GPIO.setup(40, GPIO.OUT)
GPIO.output(40,1)
sleep(0.4)
GPIO.output(40,0)
sleep(2.0)

try:
triforcetools.connect('192.168.1.2', 10703)

.. however looking at the 'import' lines above, .. I havent included:
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO

.. so it probably wont work .. sorry :(

.. if you would still like to try it, can you PM me, and I will upload another version for you to try? .. sorry, I added this code as a request, and dont have a GPIO setup to debug it with myself..

Just an update, devtty0 has fixed this and I've tested it and it's working perfectly. He said he will release a new image shortly with some improvements
Big thanks to devtty0 :thumbsup:

I've updated the image again with a number of feature requests; mainly to move the image files and names to the Windows (fat32) partition so that they can be easily edited, and added options to auto-load the last played game, and to shutdown the Pi following 10 minutes.

The full list of changes:

UPDATE - v1.2 - option to auto-load the last played game
UPDATE - v1.2 - option to auto-shutdown the file system after loading
UPDATE - v1.2 - config menu and shutdown links from every web-page
UPDATE - v1.2 - adds support for naomi2, atomswave, triforce and chihiro games
UPDATE - v1.2 - moves the game names, images and rom names to a .csv (excel) file in the Windows partition (/config/roms.csv) so its easy to amend or changing the pictures and text that are displayed for each game on the web page.
UPDATE - v1.2 - move the image folder to /config/images/ on the Windows (fat32) partition so the image files/pictures can be swopped easily.
UPDATE - v1.2 - integrated GPiO support for this project: Games that won't allow for auto reset when netbooting

download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/clh9bzq16ddkpwc/piforce-web-v1.2.zip

Awesome work! :thumbsup: I gotta push some beers your way.

One quick question, does it still work with the lcd display as well? Meaning, can you use the wifi and lcd options interchangeably?

Is a Pi3 specifically required? Is it not possible to change things slightly to work with a Pi2? Pins 1-26 should be identical between Pi2 and Pi3.
The problem is that the Pi2 doesn't have built in WiFi... so you can't access the web interface, making the whole thing pointless.

You CAN use a USB WiFi adapter on a Pi2 but the configuration is completely different so you'd likely have to re-tool the scripts to work with it.

Can the roms files be placed in subdirectories inside the roms file folder? I want to keep the Naomi1,2 & AW conversions in separate subdirectories.

derick2k taht what i want to work on also

maybe with a rgb lcd the screen will turn color based on what system is selected.

I've updated the image again with a number of feature requests; mainly to move the image files and names to the Windows (fat32) partition so that they can be easily edited, and added options to auto-load the last played game, and to shutdown the Pi following 10 minutes.

The full list of changes:

UPDATE - v1.2 - option to auto-load the last played game
UPDATE - v1.2 - option to auto-shutdown the file system after loading
UPDATE - v1.2 - config menu and shutdown links from every web-page
UPDATE - v1.2 - adds support for naomi2, atomswave, triforce and chihiro games
UPDATE - v1.2 - moves the game names, images and rom names to a .csv (excel) file in the Windows partition (/config/roms.csv) so its easy to amend or changing the pictures and text that are displayed for each game on the web page.
UPDATE - v1.2 - move the image folder to /config/images/ on the Windows (fat32) partition so the image files/pictures can be swopped easily.
UPDATE - v1.2 - integrated GPiO support for this project: Games that won't allow for auto reset when netbooting

download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/clh9bzq16ddkpwc/piforce-web-v1.2.zip
Good stuff! Also noticed you groomed up the code quite a bit too. Much appreciated. Thanks for the release!

Has anyone tested the auto reset feature?
If you mean using a relay from the gpio pins to reset the naomi using the pwm signal from one of the GPU fans, then yes, I have and it hasn't failed to reset yet on either Naomi or atomiswave games.
On a side note, hoping something can be done with the game loading page on the phone, game flyer, button layouts and eprom type or working regions information showing etc instead of "loading game name.bin" :)

Has anyone tested the auto reset feature?
If you mean using a relay from the gpio pins to reset the naomi using the pwm signal from one of the GPU fans, then yes, I have and it hasn't failed to reset yet on either Naomi or atomiswave games.On a side note, hoping something can be done with the game loading page on the phone, game flyer, button layouts and eprom type or working regions information showing etc instead of "loading game name.bin" :)
Cool, let me know how you configure your setup for the reset, I am doing a naomi2 in this case, but for some reason the reset hangs, not sure if its a voltage issue.

Back