What's new
When you click on a game - the screen should blank, and it should reload itself and say “Loading Game” - or something very similar - is that occurring?

make sure you are using a cross over cable and not a patch cable if you are going directly from the pi to the NetDIMM

I'm still using one of the first versions on this script with a Pi2 + wifi dongle and want to try out a fork with categories etc. but I'm kinda lost with all these versions floating around.

Can somebody perhaps make a list of the versions available with a small list of features (maybe advantage/disadvantage), if it's tested and a link?

If nobody has the time I will look into it when I get back from holidays as I'm interested in "upgrading" anyways. Also, last time I couldn't get the AW conversions to work for some strange reason so there's that as well...

@Sp33dFr34k - this is the one I have been using - it works great = its a fork of the web based version - which I like because I can just change games from my phone once I join the naomi network.

https://github.com/chunksin/Piforce-Web

I don't have experience with the others as this one has worked perfectly for me.

Matt

@mathewbeall After i click on the game it goes black, then it reloads and immediately i get the error 31 message.
@Malenko i am running a crossover cable directly from the pi to the NetDIMM.
Im using raspberry pi version 3
This is what my directory looks like right now.
next 2 pictures are the roms folder.
Zero gunner seems like its going to load but it stays at a black screen.

I might just start over

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    544.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 49
Does is matter what side is straight through and the other side is crossover?
Ex. pi is plugged with cross over and net dimm is plugged with straight through

Crossover is crossover, just one cable type, doesn’t have a direction :)
Doesn’t matter how you plug it in. Eg. cable 2 on one end always connects to cable 6 on the other end, turn the cable around and still 2 connects to 6, just a different wire color.

EDB25F2F-DA94-4E84-A427-1CE3A157835C.png

What they are asking is...Do you have the pi plugged straight to the netdimm or are you plugging them both into a switch or something?

It should be the former: plug pi straight to netdimm with crossover cable.

But you don't even need a crossover cable. Not sure why people keep repeating this. Just use regular ass cables.

Last edited:
But you don't even need a crossover cable. Not sure why people keep repeating this. Just use regular ass cables.
I read that it required a cross over if you weren't using a router or switch, since the cross over cable worked, I took it as the gospel. I don't have a netdimm or Naomi anymore, so I cant test it with a regular cable. If a regular one works, that's good to know!

@jermz1 What are all those other files in your directories? Also you can screen grab using the snipping tool ( start -> run -> type snipping) easier to read than cell phone pix.

Yeah, 802.3 does not require auto mdix.

But this thread is about the raspberry pi which has auto mdix enabled at the physical layer.

So technically, it doesnt require a crossover. A straight twisted pair will work every time in this context.

@Malenko sorry, i used the snipping tool now. All those files came from the piforce web v1.2 image.
@fsckewe Im plugging my pi straight to the netdimm with cross over cable. Ive tried both cables, same outcome.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    105.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    123.2 KB · Views: 46
@jermz1 can't see it clearly but it looks like you are powering the Naomi through your Capcom converter? If you are, that is more than likely your issue...

I think it can work with a naomi1 if the power supply is solid (at least mine did).

A couple of easy questions.

1. What is your NetDIMM firmware at?
2. I assume you have a zero key PIC in there from a reputable source? (I see it plugged in on your picture).

Edit: Initial D is a Naomi2 game (as far as I can see) - not Naomi1 - which is what you have. Try a rom for Naomi1.

Matt

Last edited:
1. What is your NetDIMM firmware at?
He mentioned 4.02 earlier

Edit: Initial D is a Naomi2 game (as far as I can see) - not Naomi1 - which is what you have. Try a rom for Naomi1.
^^^ This.

Start with something simple and small. Try Powerstone or some shit. You have pstone2.zip in your directory, but the unzipped bin is 1k. You also have VF4 in there, which is a naomi2 game.

Start with one game we know works with n1 and try that. Who knows what game you have been shipping to the netdimm.

Grab this powerstone2 rar file.....
https://mega.nz/#F!lg4TTIrL!Bs03RF6fYjoUg1YYUt70Dw?lshW2ADK

and try it. Get rid of all that mess you have going on in the directory too.

finally got it working. Thanks for everyones help.
I'm slowly understanding this whole set up.

Attachments

• 20190101_190400-1209x1209.jpg
    20190101_190400-1209x1209.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 41
YYAAASSSSSSSS!

Good job my man! Welcome aboard!

Edit: If you can pinpoint what the problem(s) was, please post in case someone finds this with same issues. :thumbup:

W00t! It is quite a bit to wrap your head around the first time, but you quickly figure it out!

Great job - have fun playing some games now!

Back