What's new
Hey there,

Having issues with making the SD card for both of the web boot options. Had no issue with the original PiForce Tools SD card image.

I'm able to move the ext4 partition to the end of the card with all the options, however I am unable to resize the FAT-32 partition to make use of the spare space. I've tried multiple cards. I'm using a mac and a USB stick to boot into GParted for the partition stuff. But it errors out when resizing the main partition with either of the Web Boot images.

One difference I did notice between the original PiForce Tools card and Chunksin card is that the PiForce Tools has unallocated space at the very start and the very end of the card. Chunksin's is just the ext4 and fat-32 partition.

If anyone can give me any pointers that would be helpful.

Hey there,

Having issues with making the SD card for both of the web boot options. Had no issue with the original PiForce Tools SD card image.

I'm able to move the ext4 partition to the end of the card with all the options, however I am unable to resize the FAT-32 partition to make use of the spare space. I've tried multiple cards. I'm using a mac and a USB stick to boot into GParted for the partition stuff. But it errors out when resizing the main partition with either of the Web Boot images.

One difference I did notice between the original PiForce Tools card and Chunksin card is that the PiForce Tools has unallocated space at the very start and the very end of the card. Chunksin's is just the ext4 and fat-32 partition.

If anyone can give me any pointers that would be helpful.
Did you run raspi-config to extend the data partition?

No. As I've said above. I'm doing this on my Mac using Gparted to move the partition to the end of the card, then extend the partition.

I have had no issues doing what I've just said with the "PiForce Tools" SD image. It's just the Web boot image that fails.

If anyone locally in Australia can help out make me a SD, I'll gladly compensate their PayPal accounts.

@djsheep if I get time I'll recheck up.my naomi see if the web boot is still working. If it is I can mail you a copy if you want.

Thanks and no rush @8bitforlife - even if you manage to upload an image of the card (I have a working LCD boot with ROMS). I could take it from there and potentially just buy a bigger SD card to dump it on :). Cheers dude.

I have a working setup the way you want. I’ll see about uploading the image. I’m doing a similar one for another member. Do you have a target sd card size?

I have a working setup the way you want. I’ll see about uploading the image. I’m doing a similar one for another member. Do you have a target sd card size?
Hey Derick, the card I will use will be 32gb. 16gb would do me too. Most likely a Sandisk 32gb Ultra.

Legend. Been a real stuff around trying to get direct help with this!

I should have time tonite to upload to mega or something like that. I’ll see what size I use most likely it’s a 32GB since those are about the same price or sometimes cheaper than an 8 or 16gb.

Increasing the partition so that it fits the sd card size isn't complicated, but to decrease it, you first need a sd card of the image size before you can do it.

So, basically, I always decrease the partition as much as possible with gparted on another linux system before I create an image of the card.
If it still fits on a 4Gig, why not. It also means the image is only 4Gig in size maximum.

Normally pi images should compress well with gzip or another compression tool, but most "imaging tools" can't work with compressed images directly.

I should have time tonite to upload to mega or something like that. I’ll see what size I use most likely it’s a 32GB since those are about the same price or sometimes cheaper than an 8 or 16gb.
Any updates on this? Thanks!
Hey, got super busy irl.

But yeah, I have HDD Raw Copy Tool images of the 32gb Sd cards I made. Gonna write them back to another card and retest before I upload them just to make sure everything goes fine. Im using Samsung Evo Plus 32gb cards, they are cheap and work in everything I use.

@djsheep

Ok, tested the PiForceWeb image out, all works as it should. Im uploading it now, so this is ready to go on a 32gb card, you dont need to do anything but burn the image using HDD RCT. I will PM you a link to download it, it comes preloaded with the AW conversion roms since this is what I used to test my Naomi setups to make sure they load these roms, since some setup seem to have issues loading these up.

@arcadeWC

Loading yours up next :)

Note, that both these images are preconfigured to use the reset relay mod, if you dont have it installed, it wont affect anything in anyway. But if you do have it installed, it will help reset the naomi on those few AW games that black screen/hang when you want want to push another game to the naomi.

Hey @Derick2k, cheers for that! I have a 32GB SD card on its way, appreciative that I might be able to finally have this one done and dusted! Also, I'm on Mac, will I be able to use your image on a program like Etcher? HDD RCT isn't available for Mac.

I don't have the reset relay mod... do you have more info on that?

Last edited:
Hey @Derick2k, cheers for that! I have a 32GB SD card on its way, appreciative that I might be able to finally have this one done and dusted! Also, I'm on Mac, will I be able to use your image on a program like Etcher? HDD RCT isn't available for Mac.

I don't have the reset relay mod... do you have more info on that?
Oh crap, forgot about the mac os, hold up, I think Gparted should work or clonezilla. I will setup image with that and test it.

@djsheep sent ya some links to try out.

One for HDD Raw Copy Tool, if you have access to windows pc. Easiest method I think thus far.

The other for use with Clonezilla, its a bit of messy software to use, since its a text/prompt based "gui" but works just fine if you can navigate it. I tested it out and it works.

Will make another image using Gparted and see how that goes.

Gparted sucks, lol.

Based on our chat use Etcher to write the HDD Raw Copy Tool image I sent ya, it should work just fine, problem solved :thumbsup:

Back