What's new
You're in PA so shipping would not be too crazy, probably pretty reasonable.

I can do the X3, CP, Fast IO, Card Reader for $600 + shipping as package or you can pick up if feel like driving :D
I could probably get more selling individually, but since you are trying to put this game together, might as well sell it all together

Ill check if I have a spare touchscreen monitor.

You're in PA so shipping would not be too crazy, probably pretty reasonable.

I can do the X3, CP, Fast IO, Card Reader for $600 + shipping as package or you can pick up if feel like driving :D
I could probably get more selling individually, but since you are trying to put this game together, might as well sell it all together

Ill check if I have a spare touchscreen monitor.
That would be cool if you did have the touchscreen monitor. Do you have any cards for the card reader or is that easy to get? Also, what size would the monitor be?

The monitors are 22". You dont need the cards, but you need the card reader connected for the game to boot through.

The monitors are 22". You dont need the cards, but you need the card reader connected for the game to boot through.
Is there a frame around the monitor? If so, is that included in the 22" inches? Is there a way to unlock everything in the game, take it offline, and be able to save?

Is there a way to unlock everything in the game, take it offline, and be able to save?
The game works offline by default. Nothing saves at all, and nothing is unlocked/will unlock.
Im sure there is a way, but I doubt its public.
There is! And it isn't AFAIK? I think it's strictly for cab owners from a particular seller.

Is there a way to unlock everything in the game, take it offline, and be able to save?
The game works offline by default. Nothing saves at all, and nothing is unlocked/will unlock.
Im sure there is a way, but I doubt its public.
There is! And it isn't AFAIK? I think it's strictly for cab owners from a particular seller.
oooh that sound spicy, lol. So If I get this and make it work, I have to remain online at all times? What happens if the service shuts down eventually?

:D
oooh that sound spicy, lol. So If I get this and make it work, I have to remain online at all times? What happens if the service shuts down eventually?
What we are saying is that for this particular game it is not really needed, you should be able to run and play the game with a few adjustments.

A full cab will probably run you about $1700+ shipped. Parts to put it together yourself about $800 I would estimate more or less. Easiest way to go is buy the cab. I have all the parts and have gotten the game running without issues, but I need the touchscreen for another cab Im restoring, unless I have a spare one which I might.

Last edited:
As I stated a moment ago, I don't believe that service is public.

If you don't get invited, your songs/stats/etc will just reset at the end of every 3 song session. The game plays offline fine, but saves nothing.

:D
What we are saying is that for this particular game it is not really needed, you should be able to run and play the game with a few adjustments.
A full cab will probably run you about $1700+ shipped. Parts to put it together yourself about $800 I would estimate more or less. Easiest way to go is buy the cab. I have all the parts and have gotten the game running without issues, but I need the touchscreen for another cab Im restoring, unless I have a spare one which I might.
If you had a spare touchscreen, that would be just the coolest
As I stated a moment ago, I don't believe that service is public.
If you don't get invited, your songs/stats/etc will just reset at the end of every 3 song session. The game plays offline fine, but saves nothing.
It would suck to lose my progress. I need to get me an invite somehow lol.

I think it's strictly for cab owners from a particular seller.
Does that particular seller actually say so? Really?
Well, I know someone out here that has a KC cab and no access. And no one's piped up here offering, so I think my assumption is correct.

And unlike Arcana or something, it really doesn't seem to be open invite. I was kind of hoping one of the folks involved would chime in if they intended to invite new folks since it's a Theatrhythm thread and all.

Well, my cabs are on the service. But yeah, it isn't open invite. It's also very much WIP, so I can understand why.

I found an auction for Theatrythm that has just the HDD and dongle, is that worth getting or should I wait and try to get the X3 with it?
Drives are paired to the motherboard IIRC, so you'll need the trio of drive/motherboard/dongle to come from the same set.
There are some means to circumvent this, but most are not public, and I don't believe anyone's bothered with Theatrhythm.

If you have literally nothing, my advice is to wait until you see a parted cab. They come up fairly often (at least every 2-3 months) on YAJ as a set. Monitor, IO, card reader, X3 with drive and dongle, and sometimes the panel. It will save you a lot of work.
The VGA and RCA ports exist on the FastIO for owners of a JAMMA machine that can't accept video/audio by any other means than JAMMA edge (see also Capcom IO which dose the same for JVS based systems).
Bingo. Won't work here though as cabs that can't get video any other way aren't going to be able to take in 720p (without a ridiculous video chain) anyway.
I think drives are paired with motherboard specifications. My theathrythm unit was able to play the puzzle and dragon game/dongle without any issues (they are the same type of units).

Well, my cabs are on the service. But yeah, it isn't open invite. It's also very much WIP, so I can understand why.
It works great between updates in my experience. More than good enough for home use.

Updating things every couple months is a bit of a pain (especially the first one, and the newest one), but it's really not so bad. Once and done for a while.

Back