What's new

strdr

Student
Reaction score
Noticed that some of the the switch levers have snapped off one of my baords - guessing it was always like that when I got the board years ago.

Anyway was thinking since I have a CPS-1 Multi I should replace this (whilst I wait for Mitsu's remote dips!), all games i've tried work with this dip config at least for now!

Problem is I cant seem to find anywhere stocking the exact part, which is no surprise but wondered if anyone had a source or some spares? I don't have any dead boards to harvest.

Part is: Maruwa Japan SD-08EL

Else I guess a suitable alternative will have to be used..

Thanks!

look on ali-express
you can get the "piano style" or side switch type if you look

@the Goat those like a good replacement that would allow for the DIPs to be accessed by simply removing the filter board?

@the Goat those like a good replacement that would allow for the DIPs to be accessed by simply removing the filter board?
Yea, I'm hoping the "Mice Piano" style of switch makes changing setting a little easier, without fully disassembling the multi stack.

Yea, I'm hoping the "Mice Piano" style of switch makes changing setting a little easier, without fully disassembling the multi stack.
Great idea. Let me know how it goes.

I wouldn't be concerned about replacing with the exact same part number. DIP switching are pretty generic.

I have these on order to replace mine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MKT22T3

I can report back once I install them and verify that they work.
For sure, just in the pursuit of keeping things original! But agreed, the piano style do look interesting!

New "Mice Piano" DIP switches installed and confirmed working. I can now continue my game of Area 88 past a single credit.

Warning: The ones I bought from amazon came lose in a ziplock bag with no protection for the through hole pins. At least two of the switch blocks have a pin completely broken off.

cps1 dips 1.jpg

cps1 dips 2.jpg

cps1 dips 3.jpg

New "Mice Piano" DIP switches installed and confirmed working. I can now continue my game of Area 88 past a single credit.

Warning: The ones I bought from amazon came lose in a ziplock bag with no protection for the through hole pins. At least two of the switch blocks have a pin completely broken off.

cps1 dips 1.jpg

cps1 dips 2.jpg

cps1 dips 3.jpg
Nice! If you mount them to the underside would it make it easier to change dips without taking off the filter board? I cant tell if they reach down past the filter board edge for the last pic, looks like they just might make it.

Nice! If you mount them to the underside would it make it easier to change dips without taking off the filter board?
It WOULD if the bottom of the A-board was exposed...
I have my A-board mounted to the bottom half of my custom metal CPS1 case.
I can't attach the top half because of the multi board being slightly wider than the A-PCB.
I was looking into options to just replace/redesign this top shell, but its looking to cost about the same as an entirely new case (not worth it). :(

Need them remote dips bro, NEED.

Nice! If you mount them to the underside would it make it easier to change dips without taking off the filter board? I cant tell if they reach down past the filter board edge for the last pic, looks like they just might make it.
Interesting idea. I think it could work. The through hole pins are long enough that if you needed to you could get an extra two or three milimeters of height by simply not pushing the switches flush with the PCB.

That said, I'm not going to do the experiment. I'm happy with them the way they are now.

Back