What's new
Would there be any controller benefit in the NNC to run the taito fast i/0 jamma board (board not circled in red) with a Jammifier instead of using jvs (31k image).

Attachments

• 45FF10C1-B2AF-4EE9-AA76-2692EA729ADB.jpeg
    45FF10C1-B2AF-4EE9-AA76-2692EA729ADB.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 173
Fast I/O has less controller lag than JVS, so yes there is a benefit - at least with Nesica and TTX3 games since they natively support it. The Artax Multi has Fast I/O support for all the other games on the Multi image enabled through some sort of shim. I suspect that the control lag for Fast I/O on the shimmed games is similar to the native JVS for those titles, but I don't know for sure.

What are people doing with the original ssd that was installed with the x3?. When I connect it to my pc the drive is not visable/accessible.

Fast I/O has less controller lag than JVS, so yes there is a benefit - at least with Nesica and TTX3 games since they natively support it. The Artax Multi has Fast I/O support for all the other games on the Multi image enabled through some sort of shim. I suspect that the control lag for Fast I/O on the shimmed games is similar to the native JVS for those titles, but I don't know for does
Does the fast i/o just use a rj45 cable?

Yep. Any random Ethernet cable should work fine. Remember to choose "Enable Fast IO" in the Artax Multi Utilities to enable it. If you ever power up the Artax Multi image without the Fast IO amp connected then you'll have to re-enable it again in the Utilities.

I setup my ttx3 with joy2key to use brook fighting board. I noticed some lag and changed the setting in joy2key to max polling rate (make sure to do this). Once that was done I couldn't feel much difference between FastIO and brook fighting board.
Hello. I'm trying to use 2 brook board for my setup. How do you go about changing the settings for the inputs? Thank you in advance.

I just got a taito typex3 with the i-3 and slow video card.
I just ordered this processor
Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz Quad-Core CPU Processor SR00Q LGA1155
and this video card
ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX760 GTX760-DC20C-2GD5 Graphic Card

Now im trying to figure the ram i need... I believe 16 gb
can someone offer a link to the correct ram i need for the upgrade? Also, if any of my purchases are rong, would you let me know (and tell me what to get)?

Thanks in advance

You can't do anything with the original discs
They can be unlocked and then used with whatever. Info's freely available online on how to do it too. They're not spectacular drives or anything, so there's not really a point in it, but you *can*.

I just got a taito typex3 with the i-3 and slow video card.
I just ordered this processor
Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz Quad-Core CPU Processor SR00Q LGA1155
and this video card
ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX760 GTX760-DC20C-2GD5 Graphic Card

Now im trying to figure the ram i need... I believe 16 gb
can someone offer a link to the correct ram i need for the upgrade? Also, if any of my purchases are rong, would you let me know (and tell me what to get)?

Thanks in advance

Your CPU and GPU upgrades both look good. You'll want to update the BIOS on your motherboard as per the instructions here so it'll support the GPU:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/update-your-ttx3-bios-step-by-step-instructions.20511/

As for the RAM, TTX3 uses DDR3 style RAM at 1333 MHz (although faster speeds will work). This RAM should work fine:
https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-1866MHz-Desktop-Memory-Heatsink/dp/B00453R90W/

Your CPU and GPU upgrades both look good. You'll want to update the BIOS on your motherboard as per the instructions here so it'll support the GPU:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/update-your-ttx3-bios-step-by-step-instructions.20511/

As for the RAM, TTX3 uses DDR3 style RAM at 1333 MHz (although faster speeds will work). This RAM should work fine:
thank you sir... I appreciate it very much!

Out of curiosity, once i update the bios, would i also be able to run the original game and dongle set up i have for street fighter 4?
I ask because when running the atrax ssd, i notice many of the inputs do not work correctly during games.
For example, if I boot the tyoex3, i get the the selection menu, and can navigate it, lets say, for dead or alive 5.
in the dead or alive game, i can select characters and all, but when the game starts, my inputs are not responding... so im trying to figure out whats going on.
Anyways, i know my factory sf4 HD works, so its kind of my go to, if things go south with the atrax image. thanks again for your help

As far as I know, the original game will still function fine after you update the BIOS. That said, the BIOS update procedure backs up the existing BIOS so if I'm wrong then you can easily revert back to the OG BIOS.

Out of curiosity, once i update the bios, would i also be able to run the original game and dongle set up i have for street fighter 4?
I ask because when running the atrax ssd, i notice many of the inputs do not work correctly during games.
For example, if I boot the tyoex3, i get the the selection menu, and can navigate it, lets say, for dead or alive 5.
in the dead or alive game, i can select characters and all, but when the game starts, my inputs are not responding... so im trying to figure out whats going on.
Anyways, i know my factory sf4 HD works, so its kind of my go to, if things go south with the atrax image. thanks again for your help
I had this exact issue recently after upgrading the BIOS. Using a keyboard and changing the setting to Fast IO, rebooting, then setting it back to JVS fixed it for me.

I had this exact issue recently after upgrading the BIOS. Using a keyboard and changing the setting to Fast IO, rebooting, then setting it back to JVS fixed it for me.
I tried that today and no luck. its only on specific games. For example in Dead or aive or street fighter 5, the game starts, i can go to menu, select a character, and when the game begins, i get no controls (yet, i can get controls from the keyboard). I wonder if its because im using a jvs instead of a fast io. I am even considering buying a gast io baord, but i do not know which one i would use a a noir cabinet (specially since it uses a 2 board combination) :(

I had the same frustration, would get as far as choosing a character on SF5 and then once in game the controls wouldn’t respond. A few times it glitched out.

I used my Fast IO and that worked. Then I went back to JVS and it seems to work again now.

What version X3 was your donor?

There must be others who have faced this issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I had the same frustration, would get as far as choosing a character on SF5 and then once in game the controls wouldn’t respond. A few times it glitched out.

I used my Fast IO and that worked. Then I went back to JVS and it seems to work again now.

What version X3 was your donor?

There must be others who have faced this issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
I have the bad version, the one with the i3 and slow video card.. im buying the components to upgrade it, but for now, im stock with old stuff

I had the same version. Who knows. Maybe it’s restricted to that particular motherboard. I’ve gone well overboard with the upgrades though.

I tried that today and no luck. its only on specific games. For example in Dead or aive or street fighter 5, the game starts, i can go to menu, select a character, and when the game begins, i get no controls (yet, i can get controls from the keyboard). I wonder if its because im using a jvs instead of a fast io. I am even considering buying a gast io baord, but i do not know which one i would use a a noir cabinet (specially since it uses a 2 board combination) :(
The issue is the JVS board in the Noir, it happens on all Noirs. There’s a French forum that released a patch to fix the issue and a few other issues, but I had issues being able to the download the patches, and I don’t speak French :/

The issue is the JVS board in the Noir, it happens on all Noirs. There’s a French forum that released a patch to fix the issue and a few other issues, but I had issues being able to the download the patches, and I don’t speak French :/
can you send any links?

Back