What's new
Item has been found
Use a proxy and save yourself the trouble.

Bidding through YAJ yourself is far more complicated than just a Japanese phone:
  • Japanese bank account or Japanese credit card to make payments
    • Your American credit card is useless!
  • Working knowledge of Japanese
    • Google translate or DeepL won't cut it. Sellers will cancel the transaction if they feel like your comms don't pass the smell test
  • NO CLAIM NO RETURN
    • At least with some proxies, you may be able to purchase additional buyer protection. With YAJ, you're completely on your own
Seriously, just use a proxy.

I like Zenmarket the best, personally. Buyee is ok but their package consolidation is horrible and they use the most flimsy boxes.

I mean, everyone has a favorite, what's best? Who knows?

DeJapan is cheap!
It's that I am not too familiar with the proxies. All I know is sendico. I never used them, but I wanted to know the other options out there.

~760 USD at the current exchange rates. Winning bidder was unsurprisingly a proxy. :) I think the usual going rate is pretty wide, 4-600.

People are going nuts right now with the exchange rate approaching 148 JPY to 1 USD, and I think that it is leading to people getting carried away and bidding way more than they should. Long-term, when rates float back down to the usual range, these prices will be the new normal.

~760 USD at the current exchange rates. Winning bidder was unsurprisingly a proxy. :) I think the usual going rate is pretty wide, 4-600.

People are going nuts right now with the exchange rate approaching 148 JPY to 1 USD, and I think that it is leading to people getting carried away and bidding way more than they should. Long-term, when rates float back down to the usual range, these prices will be the new normal.
Haven't seen any that low in the last 2 years. Hardly any sales to go by.

Haven't seen any that low in the last 2 years. Hardly any sales to go by.

1694085324467.png

I watch these pretty closely, and that's just what is easily available through the closed auction search. $325 and $546, using the rates at the time of the sales. I could probably find more through aucfan or something, but I think this is probably sufficient to support my position.

Last edited:
I saw the 43,500 earlier this year but it was listed as most definitely junk in the description. I realize a lot of sellers do this to avoid issues but the wording in that auction seemed to be more conclusive that it may not be functional.

Back