What's new

kazuo

Champion
Reaction score
Question for anyone who might know!

I remember back in the day that it was possible to play some of the other CPS3 games using a stock 2I cart with the battery removed... I found one of DS's old blogposts here with a link to an ISO. But, it looks like this may have only been a "beta", and lots of people in the comments reported various issues. Subsequent blog posts seem to have pivoted to the patched BIOS and all-in-one ISO... which brings me to my question! Is there a "more complete" version of 3S version A patched for use with a stock 2I cart, or is there a multi-disc image available generally? Or was this as far as it went, and I should just replace the BIOS on this 2I cart and use the current multi disc (I'm actually trying to keep it original)?

Thanks!

You can boot any game with a 2I cart, you just have to have separate discs for each game (and in the case of 3S, two discs).

I believe the decryption tables used for a Superbios cart are the same as the keyless 2I, so unless something was later patched in the multi disc images, there shouldn't be any differences playing 3S between a Superbios cart and a 2I.

The different versions of cps3_iso_converter can be found here:

https://mega.nz/file/RrhHXKgT#L5esa_toW5kjVEwzrF4RbpyJvaOVxMGFJEK-GYG6jlA

You will also need ISOs of both games, the game you want to play (cap-33s-1.iso) and the cart you're intending to use (cap-3ga000.iso).

@kazuo you know I'm still around, right? ;)

I remember back in the day that it was possible to play some of the other CPS3 games using a stock 2I cart with the battery removed...
that's basically it. If you remove the battery the cart will behave the same as the 2I carts. That's something that @l_oliveira found out and initiated the custom versions.

So if you want to play other games with that BIOS, then you need to make a special version of CDs with that tool that @nem posted.

My recommendation is that you replace the BIOS with my UltraBios for Custom SH2 carts which is available here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps-iii-bios-and-cd-releases.36/

Last edited:
Back