What's new
Want To Buy

keiichi331

Professional
Reaction score
Looking for a vewlix jamma kit! Some one out there wanna help a brotha out?

These are selling for a CRAZY amount now...
I've seen 1000$+ and let me tell you as a former owner...

1) The scaler included in the official JAMMA kit IS PURE TRASH!
It won't work with a great majority of arcade PCBs, esp odd balls like ANYTHING from Midway (Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, Rampage).

2) Scaler output is locked at 640x480 (2x format) which is fine if your a 31khz CRT guy...
But this is a HD (ie greater than 720p) LCD screen... 640x480 WTF!

3) You'll have no -5v, this can be added with a negatron but its pointless as most games requiring -5v do NOT work with the scaler.

4) You'll also need that horrific Wei Ya JVS PSU (JAMMA kit has no included PSU) or other Vewlix standard harness JVS solution (search Mean Well to AWSD).

5) For some reason Taito put buttons 4 and 5 on the JAMMA edge, but button 6 on a custom two wire connector.
So you'll need some type of kicks (4,5,6) adapter/consolidator to create the popular CPS2 style connector (hack the harness of a 1000$ kit).

1) Just about the only positive it has going for it, all the controls are 100% direct wire.
Zero encoders (so you know it also has zero input lag) but IMO this is a HEAVY price to pay and thats in addition to the HEAFTY price tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jassin000 shouldninjustbworenthe jamma look myself and use a capture card like the splitfire
And a Ossc? That’s seems a bit excessive ?

Jammafier is the best option by a long-shot.

The vewlix scaler really is not as bad as it's being made out to be, plus the original panels in the diamond vewlixes handle 640x480 beautifully.

Took a long time, but finally picked up everything but the scaler myself a couple weeks ago for a hundred bucks. I've had a couple scalers for ages now waiting for matching kits...

Also, there's a RiverService kit out there, you don't /need/ the Taito one. Can't speak for the scaler in that though (if they even offered one?).

Jammafier is the best option by a long-shot
Agreed 100%

Best bet is to wire the Vewlix for JVS (ie JVS IO and JVS PSU) and use the Jammafier.
I still recommend the OSSC over the RetroTink 5x, even tho RT has clear advantages over OSSC for supported PCBs, OSSC supports more PCBs than RT (at present time, this may not always be the case).

Keep in mind unless you want to use my device (the Jassifier) you'll also need a Tri-Sync Helper to pair with the Jammafier.
Reason being video-out taken directly from the Jammafier's signal will be too high/strong (also not 75ohm) for both OSSC/RT5x (will damage over time).

Naturally I think my device is better, and if you have a RT5x you'll pretty much be forced to use it (lots more parts required to make TSH work with RT5x)...
One major exception however is Taito F3 with the OSSC, if you intend to run this type of setup you'll NEED the TSH (my device can't help, in fact NO SCART based solution can due to a bug with how OSSC processes video from the SCART port).

This is the setup I use/recommend...
dVabfya.jpg

Jammafier+Jassifier+OSSC with JAMMA extender.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never sold them, wanted it to be 100% open for people to adapt, build, sell, whatever.

Back