What's new
For now I ended up getting creative with stand-offs and PCB feet and got it to stack on top of my board. It’s attached and is solid.

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

Using a sticky plastic standoff for the jamma side. Attached to the Power Adapter i just built.
IMG_4709.jpg

Used one of the multi’s connector holes for the one corner in the middle of the board.
IMG_4711.jpg

This will do for now. But yeah, I would also love to have a proper case that stacks and protects this all.

Last edited:
Any change we could get a repo of the Batman Forever CART.

given the size and complexity of this sound board I'd love to have an STV setup dedicated to JUST Batman, and then a second setup for the multi for the rest of the games rather than having to lug around a multi with all this extra equipment for just 1 game.

I would recommend the method Taito used on a lot of their JAMMA boards.

so basically
Left Channel + to speaker +
Right Channel - to Speaker -

so long as the cab or super gun isn't grounding out speaker - this will allow mono cabs to play the output in mono, and Taito Cabs (like Egret II and Egret 29) to support Stereo through the JAMMA connector.
Has anyone tested this on the repro sound board? By looking at the datasheet for the TDA7240A amps, Im just not sure the speaker outputs can be bridged that way, but I could be wrong.

Not JAMMA related, but I just wanted to report that the Mix-in channels are really nice to hook up the STV for other games on the multi (or you can use this audio board for any input, not just the STV).

Here I’m connecting the repro audio board with @everten’s Stereo IO mod board via short RCA cables.
IMG_4815.jpeg

IMG_4820.jpeg

Aren’t you making something for the Gnet as well? Can’t wait.
I’m down for both.

Yes, I am working on G-Net now.

The STV will start when I receive my sound board and determine how power will be integrated into the enclosure (it seems there are a couple solid options on the table).

Not to derail things, but there are two other complete enclosures which I do not intend to do a run of, but will release the design files for.

All the specifics will be shared when I finish setting up my web store early next month.

In the mean time, I'm just stoked to play Batman with sound :)

I didn't see it posted anywhere but here is the connector pinout information from the manual:

J1 - Power input
Molex KK Series (.156")
Housing: 09-50-3071
Pin: 09-50-0106
Wire Gage: 18 AWG

1. Blue - +12V
2. Blue - +12V
3. Black - GND
4. Black - GND
5. KEY - N/C
6. Red +5V
7. Black - GND

J6 - Amplified Stereo Output
Molex KK Series (.156")
Housing PN: 09-50-3051
Pin PN : 09-50-0106
Wire Gage: 22 AWG

1. Brown - Speaker Left +
2. Gray - Speaker Left -
3. Volet - Speaker Right +
4. KEY - N/C
5. Gray - Speaker Right -

I didn't see it posted anywhere but here is the connector pinout information from the manual:
I ordered a simple pcb for now to use for power and to route speaker level sound back to the jamma edge.

2024-04-22_1-28-43.jpg

Does the sound pot control volume level of the line level outputs on the MB?
How do you mix stereo speaker level outputs to mono. Or does it even matter?

I ordered a simple pcb for now to use for power and to route speaker level sound back to the jamma edge.

2024-04-22_1-28-43.jpg

Does the sound pot control volume level of the line level outputs on the MB?
How do you mix stereo speaker level outputs to mono. Or does it even matter?
I'd buy one of those. There is definitely a right way to mix stereo inputs. A small resistor network is what I've usually seen. you could look at any JAMMA board that supports amplified stero and see how they mix it for JAMMA.

If you want to emulate the tattoo stereo over JAMMA the F3 supports it so you could maybe look at the circuit between the amp and the JAMMA edge for reference.

I'd buy one of those. There is definitely a right way to mix stereo inputs. A small resistor network is what I've usually seen. you could look at any JAMMA board that supports amplified stero and see how they mix it for JAMMA.

If you want to emulate the tattoo stereo over JAMMA the F3 supports it so you could maybe look at the circuit between the amp and the JAMMA edge for reference.
2nd. I'm in for a purchase.
-Dan

I will tweak the layout a bit and order some pcbs enough to cover you guys.

Oh, Im not looking to make $$ on this, I will split the total cost per PCB so all you guys are paying is parts and shipping costs.

Last edited:

Oh, Im not looking to make $$ on this, I will split the total cost per PCB so all you guys are paying is parts and shipping costs.
I'd like to get in on one of those PCB's too, if it's alright.

Looks clean. I'd like one too please @Derick2k thanks!

Had a brief exchange with Derick -- it looks like his is the power option that will be integrated into the enclosure.

This will be a fun project. Thanks to all the creators here there is a LOT of density in an STV setup with all the fixin's :D

I just got my board, thanks again for making this happen, gentleman.

IMG20240422172010.jpg

Back