What's new
Want To Buy

rae

Student
Reaction score
Getting a bit tired waiting and would prefer to play it in 2023 so if someone wants to get rid of theirs for a decent price hit me up! Any version is fine.

I, too, have been wanting to get this game but seems like the NGDEV doesn't want to go out of the way to get AES carts and release more batches from what I've heard.

That would be concerning, since there are still multiple groups of people waiting for preorders placed 5 years ago...

What's the going rate for KB on the secondary market these days?

I have no clue but i'd figure i'd see if i get any offers and see if its something i would be prepared to go through with

I just don't get why they don't release them via NeoSD file similar to what the Xeno Crisis team did. Why sell 100 copies at $1-2K and go through all the hassle of printing, cartridges, etc when you could sell let's say 10-20k copies at maybe $50-100 with much less effort. I know I would easily pay that much to play it on my MVS at home. Pretty dumb if you ask me (or just plain stubborn).

Because piracy, and they do what they do to some extent with the knowledge that there's a secondary market and some people buy them as investments. They posted something like this to some effect on their Facebook page.

I just don't get why they don't release them via NeoSD file similar to what the Xeno Crisis team did. Why sell 100 copies at $1-2K and go through all the hassle of printing, cartridges, etc when you could sell let's say 10-20k copies at maybe $50-100 with much less effort. I know I would easily pay that much to play it on my MVS at home. Pretty dumb if you ask me (or just plain stubborn).

Their later Neo Geo games also have both an ARM and FPGA coprocessor on the PCB that likely helps the Neo with graphics manipulation, so the game likely can't run off a flash cart alone.

https://www.mvs-scans.com/images/e/e3/Kraut_buster_unofficial1_b1_front.jpg
https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/File:Razion_unofficial1_b1_front.jpg

I expect the reason they're not releasing more AES copies is that FPGA parts are difficult to obtain currently but they really ought to write their customers and tell them that.

Because piracy, and they do what they do to some extent with the knowledge that there's a secondary market and some people buy them as investments. They posted something like this to some effect on their Facebook page.
I don't think the people who bought them as investments would be affected that much. Most people who would buy a physical copy would not care that there is a NeoSD version the same way they don't care Gunlord is out on Switch, Dreamcast, PS4, PS5, etc.. Prices for an MVS/AES Gunlord are still just as high. The only thing that could affect their price are further MVS/AES carts being made.

Their later Neo Geo games also have both an ARM and FPGA coprocessor on the PCB that likely helps the Neo with graphics manipulation, so the game likely can't run off a flash cart alone.

https://www.mvs-scans.com/images/e/e3/Kraut_buster_unofficial1_b1_front.jpg
https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/File:Razion_unofficial1_b1_front.jpg

I expect the reason they're not releasing more AES copies is that FPGA parts are difficult to obtain currently but they really ought to write their customers and tell them that.
Yes, but they are the ones who asked the Terraonion team to make their carts not be able to run NGDev games so they themselves created that barrier.

Yes, but they are the ones who asked the Terraonion team to make their carts not be able to run NGDev games so they themselves created that barrier.

I believe what the request entailed was putting hard blocks in the firmware (presumably) somehow to prevent the games from working if anyone ever succeeded in a) dumping them and b) finding a way to make them work. As STC alluded to, it is unlikely they would run regardless because of the extra hardware ngdevteam uses in the carts. I was always under the impression that the FPGA was used for on the fly decryption of the games, but perhaps my understanding is incorrect.

I don't think the people who bought them as investments would be affected that much. Most people who would buy a physical copy would not care that there is a NeoSD version the same way they don't care Gunlord is out on Switch, Dreamcast, PS4, PS5, etc.. Prices for an MVS/AES Gunlord are still just as high. The only thing that could affect their price are further MVS/AES carts being made.

Maybe so, but I'm not here to argue market economics of game collecting, just sharing with you what I've read ngdevteam say themselves about the matter.

I believe what the request entailed was putting hard blocks in the firmware (presumably) somehow to prevent the games from working if anyone ever succeeded in a) dumping them and b) finding a way to make them work. As STC alluded to, it is unlikely they would run regardless because of the extra hardware ngdevteam uses in the carts. I was always under the impression that the FPGA was used for on the fly decryption of the games, but perhaps my understanding is incorrect.

Maybe so, but I'm not here to argue market economics of game collecting, just sharing with you what I've read ngdevteam say themselves about the matter.
Did you guys ever hear of some guy on Etsy (I think?) who supposedly had the Gunlord Dreamcast version loaded/running off an MVS cart? Sure that was a hoax, but I wonder if something like that could ever be done.

Or maybe even on a IGS PGM cart like the Cave games.

It’s hard to guess what a cart/kit is worth these days.

It literally never comes up, excluding the one kit on eBay at £2200 that’s been there for years.

I do look quite regularly too as I have a kit, but would really like the CD that came with it.

I did buy it intending to get good enough to 1cc it and move it on, but it’s far better than it gets credit for and I’d certainly have sellers remorse.

Good luck on the hunt!

I finally got a response from NGDEV, they told me they plan to re-release a new batch of Kraut Buster in 2024 (supposedly). There is no pre-order option etc. Now, if those that reserved all those years ago haven't gotten a copy, I am unsure if anyone who wants one now will have a chance unless they release a short batch. They did imply that covid, etc, hindered their availability and that other titles aside from Kraut Buster will be made. So, possibly, a short batch of Kraut and whatever else. I responded to them and see if I can get more info in the coming weeks. As for the resale for KB, I have seen prices from $1200-$2200. But, I wouldn't pay that much for an indie game. That's all the info I have on the matter so far.

I am watching it to see if it sells. But, interesting the timing of it going up though we recently started talking about this, lol. But yeah, still not worth 3k.

I am watching it to see if it sells. But, interesting the timing of it going up though we recently started talking about this, lol. But yeah, still not worth 3k.
Definitely won’t sell.

They’ve stuck the marquee in a shock box, which is bizarre, the move strip has been sharply folded, rather than kinda loosely wrapped around the cart to avoid creases as the kit comes, the spare cart label is missing, there’s no CD (not all kits had one, apparently), and it’s still $500 dearer than the other overpriced kit on eBay that hasn’t sold in two years.

Nonsense listing

Definitely won’t sell.

They’ve stuck the marquee in a shock box, which is bizarre, the move strip has been sharply folded, rather than kinda loosely wrapped around the cart to avoid creases as the kit comes, the spare cart label is missing, there’s no CD (not all kits had one, apparently), and it’s still $500 dearer than the other overpriced kit on eBay that hasn’t sold in two years.

Nonsense listing
Well everyone loves gassing up the NGO games. Didn't an AES batch of these games get into the hands of some gamers? or was this MVS only?

Back