What's new
For Sale

Solmin

Professional
Reaction score
i have a CPS2 Japanese Super Turbo, looking for US Version. This is still on a battery and has not been phoenixed.

thanks

do you know when battery was changed and how much $ Would you put in?

Can't you just reburn a few roms to change the region, retaining the encrypted data?

I've done this before with xmen vs street fighter to change from revision b to revision A

Last edited:
do you know when battery was changed and how much $ Would you put in?
I can put in a new battery prior to trade. If you have a copy and want to trade it, PM what you think is fair.

As for burning the different version, I don't have a burner and I figure whoever is collecting it might care about having the green case with the Japanese version. I'm not in a rush and I have a multi cps2 so it's more of a nostalgia thing.

As BlinG mentioned, if you just want USA game, but don't care about case color, I can burn you the appropriate EPROMs and send them to you. It would require you to upload a new encryption key, which I believe Jose A Cruz (he's in your area, right?) could do for you, if you don't want to mess with it.

I assume you just want the free play option?
-ud

Last edited:
Yes you are correct. I am looking to just enable free play :

Getting free play on a JP board is just modifying one hex value in one eprom (for Show Version). No need to upload new encryption keys.

can you link me the info Nem? I don't have a burner myself yet. Can I just buy a $50 one and do that?

I just remembered that if you plan to play solo on USA version, be prepared for a ridiculously hard AI. Turning down the difficulty doesn't change a thing, the AI is still cranked at the hardest difficultly. I thought it was a fluke, but after reading that thread on jammaplus, my speculation was correct :(

Last edited:
yup, one of the few games which is easier in Japanese region :P

Yeah I used to own the Euro version and was wondering why Akuma was so cheap in it. He did crazy damage and combos.

Yes you are correct. I am looking to just enable free play :
There is a trick to enable freeplay on JP boards if you have a US ST. If you mount the US ST, then set it to freeplay, then remove the US board and replace it with a JP ST, it retains freeplay. I've done this before, but you have to keep the A and B boards together and never swap games or you'll lose the freeplay(on the JP board). I think I read this works b/c the settings are saved to the A-board.

Of course if you have no US ST or Darksoft multi, it's all moot.

Back