What's new

frsj8112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, i have some old Konami games like Time Pilot 84 and Juno First that are oriented "incorrectly" in regards to more modern JAMMA games.
One way to resolve this is to flip the yoke connectors, but I'm wondering if someone has thought about pathching the game ROMs instead?
Like inject code that corresponds to a not used DIP switch?

It is a pain when vertical games have no screen flip option. Luckily for me I have a Hantarex Polo monitor which has a Yoke flip connector on the chassis.

Not rotated mine for a bit now (must do it soon) Games I remember were some of the Cave shooters, Namco Museum 1&2, Bombjack

we used to fit the monitors with a 4pole changeover switch on the yoke wires to "fix" this.

Best to think outside the box.
Flip the monitor to the old style (time pilot etc.)
The modern games have screen flip option anyway

Reactions: nem
Hi, i have some old Konami games like Time Pilot 84 and Juno First that are oriented "incorrectly" in regards to more modern JAMMA games.
One way to resolve this is to flip the yoke connectors, but I'm wondering if someone has thought about pathching the game ROMs instead?
Like inject code that corresponds to a not used DIP switch?
Screen flipping is not as simple as patching the code. It also involves hardware.
Still a soft patch is possible but will be tied to one unique orientation (no possible change using a spare dip setting).

Best to think outside the box.
Flip the monitor to the old style (time pilot etc.)
The modern games have screen flip option anyway
That's what I did originally, before I learned that the Yoke could be flipped via the Chassis

Sometimes I have the opposite problem with my Madonna. The screen rotates opposite of modern cabs so some boards don't have a reverse option and I can't flip it the other way

Sometimes I have the opposite problem with my Madonna. The screen rotates opposite of modern cabs so some boards don't have a reverse option and I can't flip it the other way
I have a Madonna as well. What do you mean the screen rotates opposite of modern cabs? Counter-clockwise is standard rotation.

And what's stopping the Madonna from rotating both ways?

The rotation problem should only affect cabs with rotation mechs.

The Madonna rotates clockwise if you want to go vertical. You can't rotate it the other way because of the design of the frame.

The Madonna rotates clockwise if you want to go vertical. You can't rotate it the other way because of the design of the frame.
I just rotated mine both ways for you:

madonna_rotation.jpg

Has that just been some long-standing myth then?

Do the Exceleenas also rotate both ways?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-174318_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-174318_Gallery.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 176
Think of the better ventilation you have with the back out?

Anyway, my bad. It's been a while since I messed with this cab.

There's two positions for the support bars on the monitor. You have to swap them for counter clockwise rotation. You also have to mount the chassis and remote in a slightly different way.

This said, don't do this. It's dumb, and I'm dumb for ever doing it. Just swap over the yoke leads from 'Normal' to 'Reverse'. The connectors are perfectly accessible from the back:

yoke_reverse.jpg

Just mind the heatsink, that can get pretty hot if you had the cab just turned on before doing this.

Yes i also switched the yoke leads from the "normal" position no "reverse" on my Aero City with MS8-26

Yes i also switched the yoke leads from the "normal" position no "reverse" on my Aero City with MS8-26
same here... i have both of my vertical aeros in CCW tate, but I put one of the yoke connectors on the reverse option for Namco games.

Back