Axun Workshop - JVS / JAMMA Control-Box(CBOX) SuperGun

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• mathewbeall wrote:

Has anyone tested this with the OSSC? I am trying that now - and while I have no issues on my bench using this with my Sony PVM, the OSSC doesn't seem to like it.

It never syncs up to send signal through to the TV.

I drop my HAS in - and it works perfectly.

Matt
      MVS > CBOX EUR SCART > OSSC HDMI > 55" UHDTV
      Images
      • b93c5b83288bb0466d33f55b7e1c1d3.jpg

49.97 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 12 times
      • 56e103eda8fec71218f201205e0071d.jpg

56.68 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 15 times
      • 37893750c050c83ae12b19cc596c5e0.jpg

126.46 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 24 times
      Multi's: CPS2 / CPS3 / MVS / Naomi Net Boot / Sega STV / Taito Type x2
      Superguns : Axun JVS/JAMMA SuperGun CBOX
      Scalers : OSSC v1.6
      Scart switch : Axun SCA101
    • @drfunk2k - yep - i moved the sync switch and it fired right up !

Matt
      Arcade MultiSystems:

Sega: ST-V (Darksoft), Naomi 2 w/Net Dimm,Capcom CPS2 (Darksoft) , Capcom CPS3 (Darksoft), Neo Geo MV-1B (Darksoft), Sega C2 (Apocalypse), Taito F3 (Darksoft), Neo Geo AES (Darksoft), M72 Multi (Apocalypse), Sega 16B Multi (Apocalypse)
      VAPS Profile arcade-museum.com/members/member_detail.php?member_id=481863
    • EU REP: Braintrash
      ----------------------------------------
      EU LIST:
      AMS

US REP: mathewbeall
      ----------------------------------------
      US LIST:
      mathewbeall
      Cereth
      dannahan
      DarthMig
      300wins
      statix138

AUS/ZEALAND/Southeast Asia REP: djsheep
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      AUS LIST:
      Multi's: CPS2 / CPS3 / MVS / Naomi Net Boot / Sega STV / Taito Type x2
      Superguns : Axun JVS/JAMMA SuperGun CBOX
      Scalers : OSSC v1.6
      Scart switch : Axun SCA101
    • drfunk2k wrote:

mathewbeall wrote:

Has anyone tested this with the OSSC? I am trying that now - and while I have no issues on my bench using this with my Sony PVM, the OSSC doesn't seem to like it.

It never syncs up to send signal through to the TV.

I drop my HAS in - and it works perfectly.

Matt
      MVS > CBOX EUR SCART > OSSC HDMI > 55" UHDTV
      Can the OSSC actually fill the entire screen with the CBOX - Naomi as a setting or option? I would try and get rid of the black bars on the side as shown - understand that adds stretch and some distortion, but curious if that is even an option to see if I prefer it. Thanks.
    • It can - if you choose 2x and don't set your tv to 4:3 - but for me, that looks horrible. The aspect ratio is off.

I use 3x mode which looks great.

Matt
      Arcade MultiSystems:

Sega: ST-V (Darksoft), Naomi 2 w/Net Dimm,Capcom CPS2 (Darksoft) , Capcom CPS3 (Darksoft), Neo Geo MV-1B (Darksoft), Sega C2 (Apocalypse), Taito F3 (Darksoft), Neo Geo AES (Darksoft), M72 Multi (Apocalypse), Sega 16B Multi (Apocalypse)
    • mathewbeall wrote:

It can - if you choose 2x and don't set your tv to 4:3 - but for me, that looks horrible. The aspect ratio is off.

I use 3x mode which looks great.

Matt
      Thanks for the reply. I have found Naomi and up seems to look "decent" in 16:9 and the Lindbergh looks quite good in the 16:9 format - probably not ideal, but really don't like the black bars if can be avoided and still have a reasonable quality.
      Does 3x mode fill "most" of the screen and have you tried it not in 4:3 mode - curious how it looks. Thanks.
    • Ill take some pics tonight with the Sega 16B board I have hooked up. 3x I am pretty sure displays in 720p.
      Arcade MultiSystems:

• Here are screenshots taken for each mode 1x-5x. 1x and 2x I could force 4:3 or 16:9

In 5x mode - you can see that the top and bottom are slightly cut off.

Matt
      Images
      • 1x_4x3.jpg

939.02 kB, 2,639×1,492, viewed 9 times
      • 1x_16x9.jpg

928.59 kB, 2,692×1,524, viewed 8 times
      • 3x.jpg

929.38 kB, 2,326×1,340, viewed 6 times
      • 4x.jpg

996.65 kB, 2,633×1,536, viewed 10 times
      • 5x.jpg

972.71 kB, 2,320×1,343, viewed 8 times
      • 2x_16x9.jpg

888.26 kB, 2,460×1,407, viewed 8 times
      • 2x_4x3.jpg

836.23 kB, 2,434×1,429, viewed 7 times
      Arcade MultiSystems:

• New

Thanks for the photos - that helps a lot! Looks good! I can see why many go for the 4:3 option, however, I don't think the 16:9 looks too bad.
      Does the OSSC allow for picture adjustment (left, right, up, down) as per a regular arcade monitor? It is always nice to have that option to adjust the screen as some games seem to want to be shifted one direction or the other.
      Thanks again.
    • New

arcadeWC wrote:

Thanks for the photos - that helps a lot! Looks good! I can see why many go for the 4:3 option, however, I don't think the 16:9 looks too bad.
      Does the OSSC allow for picture adjustment (left, right, up, down) as per a regular arcade monitor? It is always nice to have that option to adjust the screen as some games seem to want to be shifted one direction or the other.
      Thanks again.
      Hey, I think you need to check this out!

:P

To answer your question about the OSSC, sadly no.
    • New

arcadeWC wrote:

Thanks again.
      The OSSC doesn't - but the CBOX does - it has position adjustments.... but I don't think you will need that with the OSSC - its taking the full analog signal and does its magic. There are no geometry issues that I am aware of.

Matt
      Arcade MultiSystems: