What's new

yavuzg

Professional
Reaction score
Are there any differences? I mean in game play, performance, stability etc?

I already converted couple of dead carts into Custom SH2 SuperBIOS carts since it was easier (only the flash is desoldered, flashed and soldered back). However, I do have another dead cart and plenty Standard SH2 processors (from parts Sega Saturn and ST-V boards). My question is, should I be bothered to create a standard sh2 SuperBIOS cart?

I think this has been commented many times. The custom version, required me to completely analyze the code with some robots and some dumpers in order to know which addresses in memory where data and which were code. The problem with a custom dead CPS3 cart is that it encrypts ONLY code, and code and data are all mixed. After several fine tuning rounds, looks like the custom version work very well now and AFAIR no error or hanging combo has been reported.

TBH, I never experienced any errors or hanging with my custom SH2 setups so far and perfectly happy (thanks again darksoft). However, I was just curious if I should try the Standard SH2 conversion this time or stick with the easier method.

Thanks

Stick with the easy method, no real reason to go for standard.

Back