What's new
Love the app, but is there a reason the pi is setup to create a hotspot?
Something I was trying to get to work but failing was connecting the pi to my network but still have the crossover cable to the Naomi. Even if it requires more setting up, I would rather connect to the pi through my router, so I don't have to fiddle around with my network settings each time I wanna play Naomi and keep the netboot page bookmarked.

Execution wise, I believe you could create a config file requesting the user to enter their network SSID, WPA password, static IP, and port. Then at start-up have a script query the file and modify the relevant config files (I.E. network.conf) That way the webpage could be hosted on something like 192.168.1.111:6767.

Love the app, but is there a reason the pi is setup to create a hotspot?
Something I was trying to get to work but failing was connecting the pi to my network but still have the crossover cable to the Naomi. Even if it requires more setting up, I would rather connect to the pi through my router, so I don't have to fiddle around with my network settings each time I wanna play Naomi and keep the netboot page bookmarked.

Execution wise, I believe you could create a config file requesting the user to enter their network SSID, WPA password, static IP, and port. Then at start-up have a script query the file and modify the relevant config files (I.E. network.conf) That way the webpage could be hosted on something like 192.168.1.111:6767.
Thanks!
That's just kinda what I needed at the time, as I was testing using my friend's NAC cab and I didn't have any extra anything at home.
I knew I probably wasn't going to be able to get some fancy netconfig stuff in there either due to various reasons.
As such, I was thinking of portability and being as standalone as possible.

I'm currently working on that previously mentioned "in the meantime" release which will have SSH enabled by default (not the best security wise but terminal instructions were posted and it'd be easy to switch off ssh or change passwords once that's completed).
I'm honestly not proud of the code or the state of release in the first one.

I'm also working on a complete rewrite which, if I manage to stay focused enough to complete; it will have fancy web gui interfaces for all that.
I'll probably have to set up some helper scripts and configure the service user to only be able to sudo those scripts.

Hello I have a naomi 2
I put your version of naomiweb
everything works very wellr
oms by naomi 1 ok
atomicswave ok
more when I put roms of naomi 2 in the sd card, and I call everything normally he can not enter the roms to send to naomi.
that is, the naomi 2 roms do not appear on the list of the phone.
Can you tell me why?

I already aent him a msg about that with a whole list of other things that need to be corrected. His is on it already :)

Thanks! I'll be updating it soon.
I'm presently dealing with a job hunt, a move and some other things.
I should have some time later this week to work on it.
Hey, thanks for this, I'd like to try it out when my Naomi 2 gets here. Can you update the first post with updates/to dos when you do get a chance. Thanks for this!

I have another basic and stupid question...

I don't understand how to add roms to the SD card. Once I flash the image onto the SD card, only the boot partition shows up in windows which has no room for roms and I don't see how there's any way to access the other partitions once this is done. Windows only allows one partition on an SD card to show up. How are you guys transferring roms?

Think it's an EXT4 partition, that's why it doesn't show in Windows. Have you tried exploring it via the network?

Think it's an EXT4 partition, that's why it doesn't show in Windows. Have you tried exploring it via the network?
No there is a NTFS or a FAT32 partition named ROMS. I use gparted to expand the partition via a virtual machine and you should be able to mount it if you go into computer management > disk management.

Pretty sure mine is EXT4, but I think I'm using an old version of this script so nevermind.. :)

I haven't even tried booting the Pi yet. I figured I could just follow the instructions in the first post to transfer the Roms.
Is there a way to transfer Roms to the Pi using the web interface?

I have another basic and stupid question...

I don't understand how to add roms to the SD card. Once I flash the image onto the SD card, only the boot partition shows up in windows which has no room for roms and I don't see how there's any way to access the other partitions once this is done. Windows only allows one partition on an SD card to show up. How are you guys transferring roms?
Use a partition manager tool like Partition Wizard to move the Ext4 partition to the end of the card, and resize the FAT/BOOT partition to use all unallocated space.

Afterwards just load up your ROMs in the "roms" directory.

But once that is done, will the partition show up in Windows?

Yup, once you've moved the Ext4 partition and resized your BOOT partition, you'll be able to access it and copy your ROMs to the roms folder.

EDIT: I apologize, since he posted his latest release on the first page of this thread as well, I somehow assumed that you were trying to install chunksin's release.

You're apparently trying to install smurph's release, which AFAIK contained a bug, that incorrectly set the partition type for the roms partition.
So, you might want to format the roms partition to FAT32, after you finish resizing it. Afterwards just copy all your roms to the roms partition.

Last edited:
I believe I used the link in the first post... Once I imaged the install to the SD card, the only partition that was showing up in windows was a 40 MB one. Windows will only show one partition per SD card in windows explorer / my computer or whatever. When I go into various partition managers, they *show* the roms partition. The issue is that I can't figure out how to actually access any partition other than the 40 MB one that shows up.

Should I use chunskins intead?

Yes, that inability to access the roms partition is due to the bug I mentioned. The partition managers should show you 4 partitions, with the roms partition being the fourth in line, if you were to format that particular partition to FAT32, Windows should assign a drive letter to it and let you access it.

I can't really recommend one version over the other, since I don't have a Pi3, I've only ever used chunksin's release.

Yes, that inability to access the roms partition is due to the bug I mentioned. The partition managers should show you 4 partitions, with the roms partition being the fourth in line, if you were to format that particular partition to FAT32, Windows should assign a drive letter to it and let you access it.

I can't really recommend one version over the other, since I don't have a Pi3, I've only ever used chunksin's release.
Thanks for the help man. I got the Roms loaded onto the card and I have it all setup and I have the system loading the games but when it goes to boot the games I'm getting error 34 gateway cannot be found. So I'll need to figure that out. I'm not using a pic at all but my understanding was that it wasn't technically required... I guess I should make a thread for this.

Thanks for the help man. I got the Roms loaded onto the card and I have it all setup and I have the system loading the games but when it goes to boot the games I'm getting error 34 gateway cannot be found. So I'll need to figure that out. I'm not using a pic at all but my understanding was that it wasn't technically required... I guess I should make a thread for this.
You need a zero key pic, it puts the netdimm into a specific state that works with the pitools. Also be sure that you set the ip in the settings on the web ui to be in the same range as the naomi and provide the naomi ip.

Back