What's new
I wouldnt be looking at having an enclosure pre built or anything like that, will add to the time and cost of receiving once. But as mentioned I would be interested in knowing what PSU could be used in one to possibly make my own.
Sorry, I forgot to respond to you. The PSU was SUZO 42PP0606 and the case was bought locally (I loved it, but they no longer have it :/) - https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7307/12327312793_5ab1762823_c.jpg
Mind you, this was designed sometime in 2013 and built in the beginning of 2014, it's been a while, and I would do things slightly differently now.

@mukurofish - that is art, huge props to your dad :)

I'll see what I can do about the metal case, too, I have a friend who made a few metal case arcade sticks in the past.

Not a bad idea, although there’s no such thing as making everyone happy lol. Let me run the idea by my old man and Jeremy and see if I can get a green light.

My dad will be visiting in late May so that is the time the official drawing for a prototype could be made. Like you stated before, I’ll likely need the parts on hand. My dad is super super detailed and doesn’t leave crap to chance. It’s actually very annoying sometimes, but his work speaks for itself.

New products aside - any word on when you plan to start doing the short run of regular HAS? I think it has been 2 months although I have the memory of a gnat and had a crazy week so apologies if I was premature there.

New products aside - any word on when you plan to start doing the short run of regular HAS? I think it has been 2 months although I have the memory of a gnat and had a crazy week so apologies if I was premature there.
No worries, it's happening, I bought and received most of the parts. I'm still waiting for the PCBs, though.

I’m studying for a test tomorrow, but my mind keeps wandering. I’m trying to think of a good way to have both Saturn and DB15 capability and have it still look clean. I thought about having four ports on the face of the enclosure, but there’s the problem of having to open the whole thing up and switch the connections to the HAS anytime you want to switch from using a Saturn controller to a DB15 stick. Of course it could just have DB15 and you could plug the Saturn adapter in and out at will, but that’s just not as cool looking lol

I really should be studying...

Last edited:
Some people will never use Saturn or USB, so to avoid enclosure model fragmentation, I think that DB15 ports is the way to go. Recessed DB15 ports and a nice shape of the hole for them can look very good. I'm thinking PVM-like style of case, gray, possibly with handles on the sides?

Some people will never use Saturn or USB, so to avoid enclosure model fragmentation, I think that DB15 ports is the way to go. Recessed DB15 ports and a nice shape of the hole for them can look very good.
I’m kind of coming to that same conclusion. DB15 only is the easiest and cleanest way to go both inside and outside the enclosure. Easy to put together should be the goal : )

Last edited:
If the handle could be internal and easily unscrewed perhaps it could be popped out for easy access to the OSSC. I’m not familiar with OSSC as I’ve only owned an XRGB, but I’m assuming you need to mess with it every once in a while right?

Some people will never use Saturn or USB, so to avoid enclosure model fragmentation, I think that DB15 ports is the way to go. Recessed DB15 ports and a nice shape of the hole for them can look very good. I'm thinking PVM-like style of case, gray, possibly with handles on the sides?
I can use USB that can be compatible with a brook universal fighting board etc... If it has an OSSC + USB for joystick this is a droop in place for my Vewlixs' for Jamma fun. If DB15 then that would be another hack set of wiring in addition to my Brook's Fighting board wiring.

I can use USB that can be compatible with a brook universal fighting board etc... If it has an OSSC + USB for joystick this is a droop in place for my Vewlixs' for Jamma fun. If DB15 then that would be another hack set of wiring in addition to my Brook's Fighting board wiring.
What would be needed to add USB compatibility? I keep thinking maybe have space for option USB ports in the back, but does the HAS support it? I’m mostly thinking for the sole purpose of someone being able to use their trusty usb stick over. My HSS-0130 has unmodded JLFs and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people complain about losing to each other because “they’re not used to the stick”. It’s actually one of the reasons I stopped throwing my little retro game parties a few years ago.

DB15 would make most sense in my opinion. The undamned encoder works great for USB and you could case the Saturn adapter. An alternative would be to use a swappable 3d printed face plate for the port holder and then just use a plug to a pcb internally to swap out the port type

DB15 would make most sense in my opinion. The undamned encoder works great for USB and you could case the Saturn adapter. An alternative would be to use a swappable 3d printed face plate for the port holder and then just use a plug to a pcb internally to swap out the port type
I did not think about the undermined encoder and I think that this is what the MK30 USB version use.

I just ordered some UD DB15 adapters for when a run of HAS happens again - it's pretty minimal mess

What does this encoder look like?

Sorry, a little ignorant on a lot of stuff. I kind of shut myself from looking at new toys once I got my MK30/PS360+ powered HSS-0130 up and running in 2015.

Well I’ll be damned...had no idea that existed lol. I guess that settles the enclosure to be DB15 only then :P

Anyway, I’ll plant the idea in my dad’s head over the phone sometime this week. By the time May comes he’ll be itching to break out the graph paper and drawing board. I’ll give Jeremy a call too about possible production, although we’ll have to wait to have a drawing for time and material cost estimates.

Last edited:
I haven't created any roadmap, too early to say at this point, but adopting the current/previous HAS models seems to be in line with what mukurofish is looking to design.

@modology, @The Spaniard - I built a few superguns like that in the past - Supergun showcase!

I wish I could build more of those, but it's just too time consuming and expensive this way. I came up with HAS as a less expensive solution that I could offer to more than just 4-5 people per year. The biggest obstacle for me is the JAMMA harness. I hate building those, and I'm not satisfied with the pre-made Chinese ones, I couldn't offer them with my device.
I replace the power wires with super flexible thicker gauge wires.

But would you consider offering parts as a DIY kit? I'd be happy building my own, guess I could sacrifice my existing HAS if I wanted to, but maybe you could consider offering just parts, so you don't spent time on building them yourself. Just an idea. ^^

Back