What's new
Anybody know if the HAS does dual output? Like I have the HD-15 adapter plug in. Can I use the 8 pin mini din along with the HD-15 adapter going to a monitor?
No, it's not designed for dual output. It will probably work, but you're doing this at your own risk.
Understood and the chief has spoken. I won't even try it then.

One more question. I have a V3.2 and the new 2019 AV Multi out but I am not getting any video signal to my Sony crt. I am getting sound but no video. Can you guys point me in the right right direction please?

Thx Kelly

Like I have the HD-15 adapter plug in. Can I use the 8 pin mini din along with the HD-15 adapter going to a monitor?
As @RGB said, its at your own risk... The HAS will not provide any additional amplification to the output signal.
So it will get darker/dimmer with each connected display, however with that warning out of the way... Yes, it actually will work.

So if I were to use HD retrovision cables, I would need the PS2 RGB HAT? Thanks for all the help. Appreciate the community immensely.
RGB decided not to do multiple adapters. The A/V out adapter is labeled “s-video/composite video” but the HDRetrovision PS1 adapter —>HDRetrovision Genesis 2 component cable works on it too. It must be the ps1 adapter and genesis cable, not their ps2 cables. Set sync switch to TTL. They are currently on pre-order at castlemania games.

You can also get a ps1/ps2/ps3 s video cable for the adapter.

HAS outputs 15k RGBs at SCART levels, if that's not what you are looking for feel free to use adapters.
I don't understand why anyone would think it was easier or better to buy an adapter "HAT" for PS2, to then buy a PS1 to component transcoder in a cable.

Again HAS outputs SCART, why wouldn't you just buy a SCART to component adapter?
You don't need to mess around with HATs, or cables made to do things different from what your actually trying to accomplish (aka why you can't buy the actual PS2 cable with the PS2 HAT and must buy the PS1).

It's a moot point anyway, because I won't stock modules with the PlayStation AV Multi output, unless the AV Multi ports magically become available for purchase again :/

Sorry. Silly question. Is it considered unsafe to hook up -5v while running games that do not require -5v?

Sorry. Silly question. Is it considered unsafe to hook up -5v while running games that do not require -5v?
Yes. The voltage essentially goes nowhere as boards that don't utilise -5V don't have it connected to anything.

No, he is saying its "safe" because on boards that don't use -5v it goes nowhere/isn't connected to anything.
I always run my HAS with the full PSU (5v, 12v, -5v, ground) setup no matter what game/PCB I'm playing.

Sorry, a bit of confusion, yes it IS SAFE.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issues,

#1 - I’m not getting certain inputs, for example: I was not getting button 3, but if I went into the button setup mode, if I pressed button 3 (3x) the led would blink with each press. But after exiting the button mapping setup it still doesn’t register. I unplugged the controller and plug it back in and button 3 works but then down didn’t work.

#2 - sometimes I don’t get any blue, if I remove the HAS and then reseat it on the jamma edge it usually comes back. There’s been once where it didn’t work the 1st time but the 2nd time reattaching it worked.

JusI unplugged the controller and plug it back in and button 3 works but then down didn’t work.
Button "down" doesn't go through the microcontroller, but directly to the JAMMA game, so this would suggest some problems with the actual PCB game? Try other boards. Also, what controller do you use?
sometimes I don’t get any blue, if I remove the HAS and then reseat it on the jamma edge it usually comes back. There’s been once where it didn’t work the 1st time but the 2nd time reattaching it worked.
Dirty JAMMA connector? Try other games and let me know.

Hjhj1gA.jpg

Got my HAS and it's all assembled. Thanks RGB! 8)

Was wondering if this power supply would work.

I'm no electrician and a run down of how to manage power when using this would be really helpful. I don't want to fry the HAS or my arcade PCBs.

Also looking for recommendations on a good control stick that's not ridiculously expensive.

Oh man I want mine so bad. I have 3 PCBs sitting here that I've never even tried, waiting for my HAS!

Back