What's new
Since the last firmware / menu update I was having issues with KOF 98.
There was no way to boot it, I was stuck each time on the red warning screen (with unibios / or stock bios).

@Darksoft explained to me that it was a battery issue and that "some games check that it's working properly as a security measure to make sure you are not playing in AES for example".
I could have realized there was a battery issue by myself, because when cold booting, the message "Restoring to defaults" was always displayed.

I've now tried another slot, and tada, no more issue :)

Hope it can help.

A power failure occurred while updating the firmware. The motherboard no longer recognizes the cartridge. Can it be initialized? help me.

A power failure occurred while updating the firmware. The motherboard no longer recognizes the cartridge. Can it be initialized? help me.
電源サージのために壊れていない場合。 おそらくファームウェアファイルをmicrosdの/ updateフォルダにコピーするだけで復元できます

I am sorry that I do not understand how to reply.I tried the update again, but it did not become the initialization screen. It is a cross hatch when the motherboard does not recognize it.This time I bought two, but one got in this state.Do you have repair support?

Hello,

Newbie here!

I recently received by MultiCart, but have only just got round to setting it up and I am having some issues.......

I get the green screen, then it says something like ‘checking file system’ then it says something like ‘restoring to defaults’ and then just a blank screen.

To be honest, I am not sure the files are all correct in my microSD. They are:

Games/menu
Update/menu

In games I have the game files from the rollup pack and menu files from the download (in a menu subfolder).

Update/menu - This also contains the same files (latest download), I also put the Flash file and an ‘up’ file in here - Is this correct, as a I wasn’t sure where the flash folder went?

Anything else I am missing?

Any help, as I am desperate to get this up and running.

Cheers!

Last edited:
How long are you waiting?

The first time can take a while.
I am leaving it about 5 minutes, then I switched it off. Too soon maybe?

Do my file paths look corrrect? This is a brand new microSD, so no old files obviously.

Hello,

Newbie here!

I recently received by MultiCart, but have only just got round to setting it up and I am having some issues.......

I get the green screen, then it says something like ‘checking file system’ then it says something like ‘restoring to defaults’ and then just a blank screen.

To be honest, I am not sure the files are all correct in my microSD. They are:

Games/menu
Update/menu

In games I have the game files from the rollup pack and menu files from the download (in a menu subfolder).

Update/menu - This also contains the same files (latest download), I also put the Flash file and an ‘up’ file in here - Is this correct, as a I wasn’t sure where the flash folder went?

Anything else I am missing?

Any help, as I am desperate to get this up and running.

Cheers!
Dir structure looks right. You dont need an Update folder if you don't want to update, though.

My first suggestion would be to try another SD card.

5 Minutes is enough time in any case. I dont think I waited more than 2 minutes with mine.

Thanks. It is the Kingston one that came with the cart though, so I assume that would be OK?

What is an “up” file? Also just checking if you’re using a PC

Sorry, yes I meant 'Top' file.

Yes, using a PC to format the card and transfer the files etc.

#1 removed SD card
#2 cleared NVRAM
#3 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#4 copied flash.img file to update folder of the SD card
#5 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#6 removed SD card
#7 cleared NVRAM
#8 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#9 copied top file to update folder of the SD card
#10 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#11 removed SD card
#12 cleared NVRAM
#13 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#14 copied menu folder with files to update folder of the SD card
#15 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#16 power cycling - done
have you tried to do each one separately or all at the same time ? please follow SVM's post

also how did you format the sd card? i always use the sd card formatter tool (sorry i'm at work and don't have the link right now).

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I managed to get some help from a mate who has one and he sorted it for me. I think the issue was that was trying to update straight off the bat, rather than setting it up first.

Anyway, we are up and running!
You are most welcome :) Learnt it all from the guys on this forum, good to share the knowledge! If you go back a fair few pages on this thread I was stuck for a while too so totally know what it’s like! The cart is amazing once it’s all up and running, love it

Back