What's new
eh mine too :)

it appear only with this game....

Any ideas?
I can't read Japanese either but this is just a guess...chds do need to be in a sub folder inside the rom folder with the same name as the chd

so /roms/sfiii3n/sfiii3n.chd

all chds should be like this.

There should also be a sfiii3n.zip rom file in the roms folder

ALSO the no-cd version is a "clone" of the base version, this means that the base version needs to be present as it includes files that the "clones" games require to run (they do this to save space so there arent duplicate EPROM rips across multiple games)

this means that you'll also need the sfiii3.zip rom file in the roms folder.

I don't remember but often times there are bios files that are also required so for instance NAOMI games require a NAOMI bios rom to be present... There might be one for CPSIII, I don't remember.
I'd say take the files you want to test. Take them to a normal PC with the same version of MAME and see how it goes.
Ok i've tried sfiii3n.zip (Japan 990512, NO CD) with mame 0.158 and it works correctly without any chd file or any bios. i have to be honest, now i'm a little bit confused. Why it doesn't work on taito x2 mame? Maybe i need to delete some file created automatically by the rom?

works correctly witouth any chd file or any bios? Hmmmm there is something wrong. Are you sure they are not in your roms folder???

As I said, delete de config file of that game in cfg folder. That may also help.

Doing a little research, contrary to my last post sfiii3n doesn't have a CHD file, hence why it's the no cd version. but you DO need sfiii3 and sfiiii as there doesn't seem to be a CPS3 bios file but rather it uses the sfiii files instead. Also all of them need to be from the correct rom set for the version of mame you're running as they change the file locations at some point and if they're not from the correct set then MAME will look in the wrong location.

so you need
roms/sfiii.zip
roms/sfiii3.zip
roms/sfiiin.zip

these need to be from the rom set that matches your MAME version, and to run the game you should run the sfiiin.zip file.

works correctly witouth any chd file or any bios? Hmmmm there is something wrong. Are you sure they are not in your roms folder???

As I said, delete de config file of that game in cfg folder. That may also help.
yes, i'm sure

Doing a little research, contrary to my last post sfiii3n doesn't have a CHD file, hence why it's the no cd version. but you DO need sfiii3 and sfiiii as there doesn't seem to be a CPS3 bios file but rather it uses the sfiii files instead. Also all of them need to be from the correct rom set for the version of mame you're running as they change the file locations at some point and if they're not from the correct set then MAME will look in the wrong location.

so you need
roms/sfiii.zip
roms/sfiii3.zip
roms/sfiiin.zip

these need to be from the rom set that matches your MAME version, and to run the game you should run the sfiiin.zip file.
i've tried, but still same error. Are you sure t

so you need
roms/sfiii.zip
roms/sfiii3.zip
roms/sfiiin.zip

i've tried but still same error. Are you sure that sfiii.zip is correct? Cause if you search on google this file refer to Street Fighter III: new generation.

so you need
roms/sfiii.zip
roms/sfiii3.zip
roms/sfiiin.zip

i've tried but still same error. Are you sure that sfiii.zip is correct? Cause if you search on google this file refer to Street Fighter III: new generation.
sfiii.zip is indeed the file for Street Fighter III: new generation, but it includes rom files necessary for 3rd strike. MAME does this kind of thing quite often. if a newer game uses some of the same roms as an older game you will need the rom file from the older game to play the newer game.

for instance if you only have the pac-man.zip rom it wont work. you need to also have the puck-man.zip rom because pac-man requires some files from puck-man.

What version of the rom set did you get these roms from? and what version of mame is running on the Type-X2?

ok i'll try to download again the roms from edgeemu.net cause my type X2 run the vers 0158.

With the romset that you mean, (sfiii.zip, sfiii3.zip, sfiiin.zip) and launching sfiiin.zip, the system load sfiii new generation (at least something starts to work :D ).

Now we need to launch sf third strike :)

any ideas?

I'm sorry I miss typed

you need: sfiii.zip, sfiii3.zip, sfiii3n.zip

then you launch with sfiii3n.zip

Back