What's new
Ah I see.

I find 3 x separate pots provides perfect control. I can set each colour to an exact value.

With 3 x pots controlled simultaneously, RED may be sitting on 400 Ohms resistance, GREEN 410 ohms and BLUE 394 Ohms. Turning them all at the same time lowers or increases the resistance but the difference shifts up and down as well. No two pots are identical, one may sit at a particular value at a given position, while another will sit at a slightly different value at that same position.

I have also noticed that in the case of composite / s-video, equal values doesn't always work well for colour balance. I.e. you may need less red and more blue.

@Frank_fjs -- I'm a fan of the individual controls for RGB. I've definitely had to adjust individual pots on the Sentinel prototype before dependant on the game or system. It's also something I use on my cab too -- I think that is actually an awesome feature to allow for it.

Yep, particularly Midway. MK2 is vastly different and really dim/washed out on the same settings where CPS2 or MVS looks fantastic.

I'm finding this as well, different games different results. Individual pots cater to all situations and although require more effort to tune, result in a perfect result every time.

PGM is another great offender...

Same scenario re monitors, practically no-one spends the time or has the knowledge to calibrate their monitor. Having individual pots means even a poorly calibrated monitor can look great.

how about a removable section that does separate pots or the 3 pot together

In HAS the pots are responsible for only 25% of brightness adjustment, no brightness balance issues whatsoever. This solution also prevents the THS amp from getting out of spec signal if somebody leaves the pot in wrong position (everything above 1.46V on the THS input is out of spec; JAMMA signals can be anything between 2-4Vpp from my experience).

Same scenario re monitors, practically no-one spends the time or has the knowledge to calibrate their monitor. Having individual pots means even a poorly calibrated monitor can look great.
Tell me about it, I need to calibrate these PVM's!

It's actually awesome your Supergun addresses the issue of colour.

It was the one thing I was going to miss from the new incarnation of the Sentinel. +1 Give me seperate controls for all the colours over brightness any day!

In HAS the pots are responsible for only 25% of brightness adjustment, no brightness balance issues whatsoever. This solution also prevents the THS amp from getting out of spec signal if somebody leaves the pot in wrong position (everything above 1.46V on the THS input is out of spec; JAMMA signals can be anything between 2-4Vpp from my experience).
So you're using a fixed resistor in conjunction with the pots?

Been doing a ton of research and experimentation with the RGB pots and believe I have a better way of doing it.

Resistor in series before each RGB pot to limit the range and prevent high voltages due to an end user turning the pots too high.

Wire the voltage divider of the RGB pots to a fourth brightness pot. This means once colour balance is set it needn't be adjusted again. To alter brightness, if necessary, one can simply adjust the single brightness pot without needing to touch the 3 x RGB pots and mess up colour balance.

Am I on the right track @RGB?

great project, are the snes/sega to neo geo adapters available for sale?

also will the sega adapters work with krikzz wireless controllers?

i recently got a snes strike from arcade forge , which didnt work on arrival.....

At this stage I'm solely focussing on finishing off the product.

@xodaraP is maintaining a list of all the people who expressed interest.

I've had my own forum section created within these boards, 'Project Sentinel', and will place all official information there once everything is ready.

I've been recording expressions of interest in this thread only and I feel that's the most fair way to go.

If accepting PMs as a placeholder it becomes much more difficult to work out who goes where and if a PM gets missed people will get upset etc

The thread is viewable by all and then there's no arguments about who got in before anyone else

I'll put up the interest list when @Frank_fjs is ready, not before. But in the meantime, yes I have been keeping a list and yes @mugen_ketsueki you're on it

For those who are wondering, I have included those who said they were interested but they are marked as such until they confirm they want to be added to the list, but they don't lose their place.

Back