InfiniKey-CPS1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New to the forums and new to Arcades.
      I have a Captain Commando that I hadn't turned on in a couple years (long story).
      Now it is dead. I plugged in another board and the display came up and worked so I am pretty sure its a suicide.

How can I verify it is the dang battery?
      Where can I order the (or when) the CPS-1 infikey.

Thanks JC (aka Neo-Rules)
    • arcadeprojectsrocks wrote:

It looks like the CPS1 and CPS1.5 versions require no soldering/mods but the CPS2 version does?
      I believe this is correct, I can confirm for the Kabuki Z80 anyway... I have the Infinity key on my Super Buster Bros.

100% P'nP, set the dips, pull the OG chip, install, replace Z80 on top.
      Darksoft/Apocalypse: CPS2, CPS3, F3, MVS, S16
      RGB: RECO v2
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24, Namco System 11/12 KHA
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special HAS Edition)
    • If a board has already been modded, will it still work with this? I need one for KoD, Wonder 3, KotR and Captain Commando. CC already had the board modded but did not have the ROMs changed, still has the battery from memory. Wonder 3 was missing the f'ing B-21 chip!! I am getting another W3 board though. Thought about buying a B-21 board off twatbay marked as faulty, but I figure it's a bit of a crapshoot to get a working B-21 chip and not have it be something else on the board. Shame it can't be a complete replacement to the damn C board!
    • Telpherion wrote:

Hello! Any update on this amazing development? My CPS 1.5 boards are waiting :)

zerox_dogma wrote:

Hi, any progress on this project??
      Parts for a small run have been sent to my assembler, but no ETA as corona virus fun is underway. Small run is because this is the first time having someone else produce them (I hand built original dozen or so) and I didn't want to risk having a pile of them made wrong. Once first articles are proven, I can comfortably pull the trigger on large qty.

segasonic91 wrote:

If a board has already been modded, will it still work with this? I need one for KoD, Wonder 3, KotR and Captain Commando. CC already had the board modded but did not have the ROMs changed, still has the battery from memory. Wonder 3 was missing the f'ing B-21 chip!! I am getting another W3 board though. Thought about buying a B-21 board off twatbay marked as faulty, but I figure it's a bit of a crapshoot to get a working B-21 chip and not have it be something else on the board. Shame it can't be a complete replacement to the damn C board!
      Yeah, if you revert the C-board mod on your Captain Commando and are sure the ROMs are unchanged, it should work fine (well, provided nothing else is damaged on the boardset).
      -ud

Cab: Namco Exceleena 1
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2/3, F3, ST-V, NEO
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
      Monitor: Amiga 1080, BenQ RL2460, Pioneer KRP-500M
    • Does the cut trace on the C board matter? The answer is obvious, but just want to ask to make sure. Taking off the wire and unbridging the 2 pins on the B-21 is easy enough, it is the cut trace that worries me. I would not be able to fix such teeney-tiny traces. The ROMs are 100% legit originals. The board boots but stops working at the title screen.
    • segasonic91 wrote:

Does the cut trace on the C board matter? The answer is obvious, but just want to ask to make sure. Taking off the wire and unbridging the 2 pins on the B-21 is easy enough, it is the cut trace that worries me. I would not be able to fix such teeney-tiny traces. The ROMs are 100% legit originals. The board boots but stops working at the title screen.
      AFAIK you can simply bridge the already two-pins-bridged to the pin next to the right to set it in the same condition as one untouched.
      Obviously you need to remove the wire to the +5V before doing that.
    • sergiopolog wrote:

segasonic91 wrote:

Does the cut trace on the C board matter? The answer is obvious, but just want to ask to make sure. Taking off the wire and unbridging the 2 pins on the B-21 is easy enough, it is the cut trace that worries me. I would not be able to fix such teeney-tiny traces. The ROMs are 100% legit originals. The board boots but stops working at the title screen.
      AFAIK you can simply bridge the already two-pins-bridged to the pin next to the right to set it in the same condition as one untouched.Obviously you need to remove the wire to the +5V before doing that.
      Perfect, that is much better than I thought it would be. Thanks!