What's new
Minigun version 2.3 up

4 Player adapter version 1.2 up

See main post.

Minigun is mainly a maintenance release. Minor silkscreen refinements, updated BOM with parts currently in stock (this is a nightmare), added a secondary voltmeter soldering point. Now there are two separate places you may solder in the wires of the voltmeter. The unused spot may be utilised as a place to tap +5V power if ever needed. Both voltmeter vias are 2.54mm pitch and suited to header pins if preferred over soldering in the voltmeter wires directly.

4 Player Adapter now has a BOM and is tested / confirmed working.

Enjoy!

4P_HAT_V1.2.png

would it be difficult to make a single, combined PCB for the minigun and the 4-player board? I imagine it would save a bit of space to take out the superfluous 2x male/female DB15 connectors

Hi, What kind of cable should I use between the PSU and the Minigun Supergun?

Thanks for a great project!

CPS2 4 player harness. Poorly made as I rushed it however it works nonetheless.

Hoping to update main post soon with all the necessary info.
69796157_10218136534577892_2666580323176808448_n.jpg
What size cable sleeve do you use for making the power supply wire harness from PSU to the minigun?

would it be difficult to make a single, combined PCB for the minigun and the 4-player board? I imagine it would save a bit of space to take out the superfluous 2x male/female DB15 connectors
I can't see an additional two DB15s fitting onto the main supergun PCB.

The 4 player adapter is really simple, it doesn't need any connections to the supergun aside from power. You could make the 4P adapter as a standalone PCB if desired if you incorporate a method of feeding it +5V.
Hi, What kind of cable should I use between the PSU and the Minigun Supergun?

Thanks for a great project!
18AWG wire, best quality you can find. Rated for at least 7.5 amps.

The Minigun uses the same standard as the original AES, HAS, UD-USB etc.

Unfortunately a lot of other Supergun/adaptor designers don't follow the original Neo standard :(

There's a chart somewhere with the most common Superguns and their pinouts.

The Minigun uses the same standard as the original AES, HAS, UD-USB etc.

Unfortunately a lot of other Supergun/adaptor designers don't follow the original Neo standard :(

There's a chart somewhere with the most common Superguns and their pinouts.
What’s different about them? I imagine the original AES standard didn’t have support for more than four buttons so is that the main reason for the changes?

I'm confused by your wording... Neo to Darksoft? What's the relation to Darksoft?

I follow the standard Neo pinout with the added provision of buttons 5 and 6. The important part, at least for me, is that I've followed the pattern defined by SNK. As in, the pins used for buttons 1 to 4 follow a standard, and I've followed this standard to extend upon it with buttons 5 and 6. Look at the pinout and you'll see a logical pattern.

Neogeo to darksoft db15 adapter. I bought a psx2neo and md2neo adapter from retrotronik and needed to make this to make it all work. Shrug.. different standards

Now I can use PlayStation and megadrive controllers on my minigun, using these retrotroniks device anyway..

Edit: I'm going to connect the two db15s with a long riser and screwed in at both ends, so it's rigid and doesn't look so haggard
I bought 3 of that psx adapters, none worked, only the buttons down, so I've sent a mail to the creator and he kindly sent me again, this time suppose to work, my surprise, same problem. I was working on a adapter using arduino library just like retrotronik, and I learned that you need to use a resistor between DATA pin controller and 5v, just tried that and worked fine, but the mapping is so bad.

Maybe I will use my code later.

I also had nothing but trouble with the Retroelektonic adapters, have both an MD and Snes one. Managed to get the MD one working by resoldering it, but it's still very temperamental.

@Raph_friend I am getting a lot of bad feedback about their devices. They sent me another one as well, and same problem ! Even with my neogeo->DS pin adapter it does exactly the same thing, presses random buttons all the time.
If you do release some code to fix the poor brain on this board I'd love a copy :) For now sorry for saying anything. I don't recommend any retrotronik PSX2NEO adapters. The MD one works ok but as you say, mapping is garbage.

edit: i trashed my original post, as it was just wrong. sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
@Raph_friend I am getting a lot of bad feedback about their devices. They sent me another one as well, and same problem ! Even with my neogeo->DS pin adapter it does exactly the same thing, presses random buttons all the time.
If you do release some code to fix the poor brain on this board I'd love a copy :) For now sorry for saying anything. I don't recommend any retrotronik PSX2NEO adapters. The MD one works ok but as you say, mapping is garbage.

edit: i trashed my original post, as it was just wrong. sorry for the confusion.
Use a resistor like 1K between DATA pin and 5V.

hey guys! Sorry to hijack the thead but i'm having an issue connecting a Taito F2 Growl PCB throught the minigun supergun V1.7.

I get picture and sound on my PVM-2950 but the horizontal sync if off (picture roll). I know F3 boards are tough to get right. Is-it the same with F2's ?

RGC mini din to scart cable from the minigun to RGC Scart to BNC cable into the PVM.

What am I doing wrong?

thx a lot

Is that one of the PVMs with some form of VCR button, to accept composite sync?

Maybe this game needs a little more voltage at sync signal with this monitor? I'd try replacing R11 (150 ohm) with 300 ohm.

It should be in the adequate range, but I'd check anyway to be sure. What is the actual voltage at R4?

Maybe this game needs a little more voltage at sync signal with this monitor? I'd try replacing R11 (150 ohm) with 300 ohm.

It should be in the adequate range, but I'd check anyway to be sure. What is the actual voltage at R4?
R4 ? R11? educate me plz ;)

R4: Jamma pin 4?

Back