What's new
For Sale

dnphamus13

Student
Reaction score
Taito Egret E29

READ FIRST

At this time, I'm looking for trades; the list is below. So far, a few people have asked for a buy/sell price, but believe it or not money is more common (I found a quarter at the gym today…whole 25 cents), thus for the time being, trades only. I’ll probably changed this to a sell down the road(6+ months), but definitely not now. In short, without something juicy, I not going to entertain a straight buy.

As for the trades, they are now prioritized by numbers with notes. With the exception of #1, the other items are conversation starters. I’m going to be pretty aggressive; also,I suck at bartering and pretty patient. Lastly, it’s a package deal, cabinet and all control panels.

=====================================================================================

I've already decide to switch to mame for joystick games,and sell my Taito Egret after the PC was set-up; but the events of tonight(November 1, 2017) changed that. The monitor (Makvision 27/29") is making the buzzing rapid clicking noise (see video in google drive, taito_monitor).

Mo’ pictures from the google drive: LINK HERE!(https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvH5UIynY16QnE5NnFwLVpFN2s). If you have any questions, include the picture name & I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I did all of this hack 15+ years ago.

I've placed a naomi (Power Supply, amplifier w/ transformer& type A? JVS), one of those car audio line out converter, cheap radio shack audio switcher (to switch between: jamma, naomi & neo mvs) and lastly a naomi GD-ROM drive. Also various audio bulkhead to pass sound from various gaming systems.

Also, included are some control panels I had fabricated along time ago (old capcom diamond plate overlay, and something else):
- 2 player 4-button (fully populated), neo style
- 2 player 4-button (basically a template) but with joystick housing
- 2 player 6-button (fully populated)
- 2 player 6-button (basically a template) but with joystick housing
- 2 (two) Virtual-On Control Panels (one wired and onenot)
- Outtriggers (basically a template), reminds me the PCBfor the trackball is mounted inside the control panel housing
- A few original Taito Egret Control Panel (See Pics)

The joystick are Sanwas, and most of the buttons are Happs. Also for populated 6-button, the micro-switchesare MIA, and one of the buttons for micro-switch mounting stem is significantlybent (TX heat & storage)

SHIPPING

Shipping, this will not fit in my 2015 GTI, neither will a pallet <hint, hint>. Let’s ensure our shipping ($$$$$) is in order before we come to an arrangement, I enjoy seeing listings on uShip, LOL.

WANTED ITEMS

F-Zero AX Control Panel & Triforce (Full Trade, because this is equivalent to losing an arm)

2. Battle Gear 3 (Showed up in Dallas & I missed my chance; this will be a project....I don't need the monitors, chairs or the wood. I mainly want the interior parts, from the ugly wooden model, not the sexy Japanese version. If you’re within a day’s drive we can work something out, I’d rather do the dismantling myself. No random parts/wiring in a box)

3. Taito Universal JVS PCBs (Part Numbers: J9100576A, K91X1130A or K91X1040A) or from Half-Life 2 Arcade (Part Numbers: K91X1066D & K91X1066B)

Old Wanted Thread

Attachments

• taito_egret_01.jpg
    taito_egret_01.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 102
  • taito_egret_02.jpg
    taito_egret_02.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 113
  • taito_egret_03.jpg
    taito_egret_03.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 111
  • taito_egret_04.jpg
    taito_egret_04.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 94
  • taito_egret_05.jpg
    taito_egret_05.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 95
  • taito_egret_06.jpg
    taito_egret_06.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 101
  • taito_egret_07.jpg
    taito_egret_07.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 99
  • taito_egret_08.jpg
    taito_egret_08.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 97
  • taito_egret_09.jpg
    taito_egret_09.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 95
  • taito_egret_12.jpg
    taito_egret_12.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Nice. Definitely a unique cab to add to your collection.

The monitor (Makvision 27/29")
were you able to retain the rotation mechanism with this monitor? I'm also curious how you mounted the chassis since the original mounting brackets require a chassis that is exactly the dimensions of a Nanao MS8.

I think you definitely need a lot of pictures with the amount of modifications youv'e made to this cab.

Not often you see candies appearing in the heart of Texas!

As others have requested, I'd love to see some detailed pictures particularly of the monitor setup.

Got a specific price in mind?

This, and the condition of the marquee since the only way to find another is to steal one from a different Egret 29.
I don't want to get any hopes up but I've been researching getting repos made. if nothing else I have everything I need to pull dimensions/art

This, and the condition of the marquee since the only way to find another is to steal one from a different Egret 29.
I don't want to get any hopes up but I've been researching getting repos made. if nothing else I have everything I need to pull dimensions/art
The whole entire assembly up there?!? O.o

The monitor (Makvision 27/29")
were you able to retain the rotation mechanism with this monitor? I'm also curious how you mounted the chassis since the original mounting brackets require a chassis that is exactly the dimensions of a Nanao MS8.
I think you definitely need a lot of pictures with the amount of modifications youv'e made to this cab.
As for the rotation, I would have needed to trim the heat syncs on the monitor chassis, but not happening now. I believe the old chassis mounting brackets fitted the new chassis.

I don't think so. I did buy one from Texas in September 2016 but it had a monitor.

ooh it's a red one. that monitor looks a lot more snug than the original MS8.

I take it you're missing the marquee holder.

I don't think so. I did buy one from Texas in September 2016 but it had a monitor.
I had first options on that one....I passed cause I was broke at the time, but I'm glad it went to a good place!

Guys, I live in DFW...so if there's anything I can do to help someone out on this (holding for shipper, etc) I will do my best!
I know SA is a drive, and dnphamus13 can probably handle most all of it..but offer stands.

dnphamus13...wish I would have know about you needing BattleGear3....I was at an auction here, where my company brought one, and it sold....would have been happy to have helped ya out. Will keep eyes for another one...wouldn't surprise me if we've got another buried out in the routes somewhere.

Back