What's new
Short "hello" from me to everybody reading this thread - I'm the guy who miisalo mentioned few messages before. So, I have skills for fixing/modifying electronics (fixed few arcade motherboards, several consoles, etc.) and I believe I'm also capable to build these display boards as well. Also I can test them before sending out as I already have one of these sitting on my ST-V.

Something about schedule - this week will be a bit busy, need to get one earlier promised Dreamcast done today/tomorrow. Also, unexpected stuff happens - our "digibox" went silent yesterday, got it running after some tweaking and testing. Looks like condensator failure, need to fix that as well this week. Friday goes for grand opening of Gaming Museum (special VIP-opening) here in Finland.

So, I believe I'll make the thread for ordering these boards late next week or week after. I might build couple of boards first in peace and test them before setting the actual ordering/buying thread. Price level for boards will stay about same as miisalo made these.

Short "hello" from me to everybody reading this thread - I'm the guy who miisalo mentioned few messages before. So, I have skills for fixing/modifying electronics (fixed few arcade motherboards, several consoles, etc.) and I believe I'm also capable to build these display boards as well. Also I can test them before sending out as I already have one of these sitting on my ST-V.

Something about schedule - this week will be a bit busy, need to get one earlier promised Dreamcast done today/tomorrow. Also, unexpected stuff happens - our "digibox" went silent yesterday, got it running after some tweaking and testing. Looks like condensator failure, need to fix that as well this week. Friday goes for grand opening of Gaming Museum (special VIP-opening) here in Finland.

So, I believe I'll make the thread for ordering these boards late next week or week after. I might build couple of boards first in peace and test them before setting the actual ordering/buying thread. Price level for boards will stay about same as miisalo made these.
Welcome aboard! Please do add your location to your profile so folks know where the boards will be coming from.

Welcome to the forums!

Maybe you can print out the LCD cases and sell them together as a package.

And hopefully, if/when the software gets updated to allow removing, rearranging, renaming the games list this will be motivation for Darksoft to do another run of the ST-V Multi.

That's what it deserves anyway!

:D

jugu: location added, thanks for the tip.

brentradio: idea about printing cases is nice, however, I have no good access to 3D printer at the moment, but if some solution arises I'll remember this option.

Software stuff - that's what miisalo has to reply :)

stt1 just picked up 10 (+1 version 0.1 that needs one jump wire) boards and components for them. I currently have slipped disc in my back so I won't kickbox for month and I might have time to check the code for improvements but currently I'm trying to finish all my other hardware related projects.

This is so cool. Everything is coming together for the ST-V.

Darksoft is releasing new games, new LCD's, maybe new software, the cases for the LCD's...

Man I LOVE this place!

stt1 just picked up 10 (+1 version 0.1 that needs one jump wire) boards and components for them. I currently have slipped disc in my back so I won't kickbox for month and I might have time to check the code for improvements but currently I'm trying to finish all my other hardware related projects.
Any idea when/where we can place (pre-orders) ?

Short update:

As miisalo already noted I picked up the components. Last week was however filled with all kind of do-this-and-that + I promised to my wife that I'll have some time with her during weekend. So, I'll reserve some time this week for building at least two boards ready and test them to see if there are any surprises (don't see any so far, this seems so smooth to put together - but if stuff is worth to do, better to do it properly) - also test build shows if any component was forgotten to miisalo.

There is no post for ordering yet. Will do that when I'm ready with the test run.

Short update:

As miisalo already noted I picked up the components. Last week was however filled with all kind of do-this-and-that + I promised to my wife that I'll have some time with her during weekend. So, I'll reserve some time this week for building at least two boards ready and test them to see if there are any surprises (don't see any so far, this seems so smooth to put together - but if stuff is worth to do, better to do it properly) - also test build shows if any component was forgotten to miisalo.

There is no post for ordering yet. Will do that when I'm ready with the test run.
Can't wait :)

Definitely plan on buying one of these when you have them ready. Glad I signed up over here. Total nerd for all this custom stuff being done in the arcade scene.

Yep, I've had my STV multi for quite a while, was in the first batch. DIdn't realize these existed til reading your posts on KLOV.

Changed the selector "firmware" a bit, I just at countryside and do not even have selector to test it. If one wants to test it, arduino sketch can be downloaded from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14124732/GAMESELECTOR_V3_0.ino

It differs from earlier version the way the list of games is defined. Now game list is defined by array

Code:
#define NUMBER_OF_GAMES 52
const GAME games[NUMBER_OF_GAMES] PROGMEM = {
{ "Astra SuperStars ", B000001 },
{ "Baku Baku Animal ", B000010 },
{ "Batman Forever   ", B000011 },
{ "Columns 97       ", B000100 },
{ "Cotton 2         ", B000101 },
{ "Cotton Boomerang ", B000110 },
Game name now has the dip switch definition after it, so user can rearrange the name, example if I want to have baku baku as first, and cotton 2 as second, and only would have 6 games in the list, I would change the NUMBER_OF_GAMES to 6 and swap the lines to:

Code:
#define NUMBER_OF_GAMES 6
const GAME games[NUMBER_OF_GAMES] PROGMEM = {
{ "Baku Baku Animal ", B000010 },
{ "Cotton 2         ", B000101 },
{ "Astra SuperStars ", B000001 },
{ "Batman Forever   ", B000011 },
{ "Columns 97       ", B000100 },
{ "Cotton Boomerang ", B000110 }
};
Code also includes possibility to control selector by serial commands (used by wifi add on board). Can't guarantee that this works, haven't used functions to copy data from flash to sram for a while and I can't test this before next weekend. Anyway this is beta, in some point I'm going to add support for longer names by scrolling them. And maybe make tools to program new firmware and set the names and order using binary firmware file.

If this does not work, you can always use older version that can be found from

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14124732/GAMESELECTOR_V2_1.ino

Back