What's new
Want To Buy

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Probably a long shot but I want to put a feeler out there.

I've long loved the Taito Egret 29 cab design, I've never seen one for sale and I have no idea how much these are worth.

if you know of one for sale (MUST include the Marquee section) or if you know of someone with JUST the marquee section for sale then please let me know.

This is what they look like for reference:

9633.jpg

They came in multiple colors, I don't care what color it is as long as all the bespoke parts are there and in good shape.

Best of Luck man... I was looking for one of those over a year ago and I just gave up.... I have never seen them for sale...

Good luck! I personally haven't one for sale in the Bay Area, but I'm not a fan of this model. Looks a bit odd. Kinda like this Fiat.

Attachments

• Fiat-Multipla.jpg
    Fiat-Multipla.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 98
I'm not a fan of this model. Looks a bit odd
I have a big soft-spot for obscure/weird looking things. Case and point... for years I drove an Isuzu VechiCROSS. and after selling that I heavily considered buying a Subaru SVX :D

if you've never heard of either of those I wouldn't be surprised but go look up some pictures and production numbers and you'll get the idea.

PM sent with some info.

I had one of these about 6 years ago. I regret letting it go. This and the Cyberlead are the two weird cabinets I'd love to still own.

I'd love to have a Cyberlead as well (preferably a Cyberlead II with the controller ports) but I figured I'd start the hunt for the Egret 29 first since it seems like a much more difficult cab to find and given the choice I'd rock a whole row of Egret 29s if I had the space :)

Good luck T, if you find more than one let me know, I would love to get one as well :D

I would paint the whole cab with a Macross, Robotech or Gundam theme though; and possibly try to get rid of that sidestep that makes no sense to be there imo.

I would paint the whole cab with a Macross, Robotech or Gundam theme though; and possibly try to get rid of that sidestep that makes no sense to be there imo.
yeah, it does need a little something extra.

For me the colored control panel top and matching stripe along the monitor take the cab from being "cyberpunk" to more "80s space anime". I couldn't bring myself to pant a cab like this but I think covering the stripe with some EL strip to make it glow green or pink (to match the glowing logo/Marquee) and then a white or charcoal vinyl wrap over the colored plastic part of the control panel would go a long way to making it full "cyberpunk" without doing anything to permanently alter the cab.

As for the step. originally I thought it was weird only because it was off-centered, but it's grown on me and at this point I feel it only adds to the quirkiness of the cab. though that lack of symmetry is probably why 90% of the time people photograph these things angled from the right side. :)

Here it comes... :D
tumblr_lfz56rJDeg1qgipwuo1_500.gif
hahaha, good one!
I wish I had the balls to ask twistedsymphony how much he paid for it.
For me this is the holy grail of candy cabs. I remember not liking this cab at all. But, this cab ages very very well.

I don't know why people get bent out of shape over asking about prices, after I bought this one someone else selling one wanted to know how much I paid because he had no ballpark for value. Arcade machines are funny though because the value of different machines changes on region, and changes drastically depending on condition and it's proximity to you. a machine that is further away is worth less (to you) because you have to pay more to get it. with this machine literally half the cost was shipping.

It's in-transit at the moment. Once I receive it in I'll post a write up as to how to setup shipping since that seems to be really mysterious to a lot of people.

here are some of the pictures the seller sent me though:
egret29_1.jpg
egret29_2.jpg
egret29_3.jpg
egret29_4.jpg

It seems complete except for the locks, cosmetically it does need a lot of work and the broken marquee is heartbreaking.

Tube looks burn free but the chassis is out of the cab which is concerning but not enough to make me walk away, it does also include a repo 2l14b panel (no art) and new Sanwa buttons for that panel so that's nice. I worked out a price of $500 for the cab which is still a decent deal even considering the condition. Shipping was another $430 but at least $80 of that is an extra "fee" given how far away I live from any transportation hub... so I'm used paying that much for shipping cabs here.

Personally I would have been willing to pay in the 800-1100 range +shipping for one in mint/like-new condition, I don't mind fixing up machines but obviously that effects the value because now I have put money and a lot of time into it. the biggest value indicator to me is the marquee because these seem to be nearly always missing or broken and that right there knocks the value down at least a couple hundred bucks IMO I say this because the Egret 29s are sought after for their look and a major part of that look is a the marquee section, without that it's just another candy cab. But I was happy with the deal, the seller seemed happy with the deal and I'm anxious to get this in so I can get to work on it.

I've brought worse back to flawless. I think every singe machine I've bought needed fixing up. I like it, it makes me feel like I'm saving these things from the scrap heap and I have a stronger sense of ownership because I didn't just buy something I put work into it too.

most of the cosmetic problems can be fixed aside from the marquee plastic. the thing I worries me the most is all the missing locks. I'm big on using all-original locks if I can and that might be difficult to find.

Back