What's new
I got my SIMMs a bunch of weeks ago, and they fit and work absolutely beautifully. ZERO issue at all.

I guess in 4 weeks or so I'll get them here, maybe wit 64Mb SIMMS as well.

All the SIMMS were tested by Mitsu, so I'm assuming they are all well. So far no one complained.

Nice to hear. i will need 4 of the 128mb as i will be trying to complete my last cps3 board.

will you be making 64mb sims and specifically also release pcb files?

I've got a spare CPS3 system, so if 64 MB SIMMs become available, I'll grab one of those too. Have had no problems with his 128 MB SIMMs at all. I'll be plugging in my painted CPS3 system this weekend as the paint has cured for the full week.

Yes will have 64Mb too.

Price won't change much, it's 4 memory chips less. The rest is the same effort, printing a PCB, making a solder mask, designing the PCB, etc.

Simms arrived.
After Work I'll test them right away.^^

allright. installed the 4 simms into a spare cps3 board I had and started to install 3rd strike from SD2SCSI adaptor with the newest multi cd iso installed on the sd card.
Had a black screen after the region select screen. redid the whole process with a different game, black screen again.
Installed the simms into my cps3 board which I use almost every week, installed 3rd, black scren again.
I'm reinstalling again right now, but from scsi cd this time just to make sure it doesn't come from the adaptor or a faulty file which is on the card.
in 40min I'll let you know how it ended.

EDIT:

Installed the Game from the Cd ROm Drive itself and it worked right away.

Last edited:
allright. installed the 4 simms into a spare cps3 board I had and started to install 3rd strike from SD2SCSI adaptor with the newest multi cd iso installed on the sd card.
Had a black screen after the region select screen. redid the whole process with a different game, black screen again.
Installed the simms into my cps3 board which I use almost every week, installed 3rd, black scren again.
I'm reinstalling again right now, but from scsi cd this time just to make sure it doesn't come from the adaptor or a faulty file which is on the card.
in 40min I'll let you know how it ended.

EDIT:

Installed the Game from the Cd ROm Drive itself and it worked right away.
:) :) Which CD did you choose the one for standard SH2 or the one for custom??? I think there lies your problem. Try the other one.

I'm interested in a few 128 and 64 simms from the next batch

Back