What's new
Ok Guys. We have 16 units so far. We need to reach 35 to start production.

I know nada about cps3 and SIMMs can you please elaborate as to what the advantage is? Thanks :)

I know nada about cps3 and SIMMs can you please elaborate as to what the advantage is? Thanks :)
Third Strike and the SuperBIOS require the pcb to have four 128mb SIMMs installed. They are very hard to find now and they tend to fail randomly. This will allow a lot of those empty pcbs that had SIMMs stolen from them to run games again.

Thank you sir! :) . On that note I'll sign up for 6. :)
Sign up time is over. Now we'll order until we get 35 units. If you don't pay yours you won't be able to get it later.

We are 16 units so far. @Solmin and everybody who wants to get some, please pay to the following address: pablofg1974@gmail.com

Each unit is $35. Add $5 for flat shipping rate.

BTW, I think remembering that the most you need is four 128 and two 64; but would six 128 work?

BTW, I think remembering that the most you need is four 128 and two 64; but would six 128 work?
Nope, that won't work the pinout of the 64Mb is different from the one of the 128Mb and 32Mbit SIMMS. You can replace 32MB with 128MB, but that's it.

such rotten timing for me.... I'm still throwing more money at the cps2 multi kit that I can't get to work. I'm gonna have a friend burn me the Phoenix ROMs for the donor board (MvC-J)needed to revive it to see if the board was any good to begin with. In the mean time I'm still hunting for another donor board... I might salvage the G PAL if need be.

This was such a bad time to miss out.

Hello All,

I don't have a CPS3 yet but I do want to get one in time. I am partial to Street Fighter 3 2nd Impact (music, backgrounds, etc). I would love to try Red Earth.

I was reading about these on another forum and I am not entirely clear what these chips are...and I also read that 2nd Impact doesn't work well with the multi-bios cart/single CD.

Can anyone clear it up for me? I don't really know much about the CPS3. Does it matter what board I buy? What parts or pieces should I be thinking of buying down the line? Is the Darksoft kit still available?

Thanks in advance.

Hi darksoft ;)
Did you finally manage to find PFTR chip, I thought there were almost impossible to find...
Bye

Back