What's new
Does anyone have a working copy of Daemon Bride? Every dump I find either has dead links or doesnt even work on my PC let alone on the X2.
ill upload one now and send you a pm.

also great work cant wait for the ex-board and mame to be added.

I'd been considering getting an examu as there's been a few pop up on YAJ recently and they were cheap. I suppose I don't need to bother now!
highway have the whole pack right now for $1000 USD

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arc...t_daemon_bride_arcade_game_package/13841.html

So apparently along with forgetting to implement player2 controls in DeathSmiles2 I also setup Button1 and Button2 backwards! :S

I will fix this on Thursday and release update files for those of you who have already downloaded the game. That way you dont need to redownload that large archive.

EDIT:

Does anyone have a working copy of Daemon Bride? Every dump I find either has dead links or doesnt even work on my PC let alone on the X2.
I have a Daemon Bride and Ex-board setup. Just don't know how to dump the game...

how is your folder structre on the copy you have.

does it look like this?

o2vA1P8

my copy originally was setup with the folders and exe in the same folder which it should have been exe in root and the folders in flashrom like pictured above

The folder structure was like the one you posted but didn't have the xb_loader/launcher stuff. I tried adding it but all I would get was a black screen.

I'll try the one you uploaded tomorrow when I get home.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info on X2, now I have to decide between: 208A, 209A and 210A

Can someone verify that they will all be able to use "multi-boot" images ?

As long as the Satellites have atleast a P4, and you replace the video card you should be good.

Also, you can flash a off the shelf 7900GS with the Gladiac 979 BIOS and it works like a charm. I have a write up on how to do it.
That'd be great so people can upgrade their own graphic cards...

Also notice the sticker to the left of the warning label. It tells you the model number of the X2. Try to find one thats atleast a 208A. The 207A apparently has issues with KOFXII
p1000722.jpg

An idea of the reason for this? My TypeX2 is a 205A and I've not noticed issues with any of the games.

index.jpeg

As long as the Satellites have atleast a P4, and you replace the video card you should be good.

Also, you can flash a off the shelf 7900GS with the Gladiac 979 BIOS and it works like a charm. I have a write up on how to do it.
That'd be great so people can upgrade their own graphic cards...
I actually already posted it. lol

[Taito Type X2] Flashing a GeForce 7900 with Elsa 979 BIOS

Also notice the sticker to the left of the warning label. It tells you the model number of the X2. Try to find one thats atleast a 208A. The 207A apparently has issues with KOFXII
p1000722.jpg
An idea of the reason for this? My TypeX2 is a 205A and I've not noticed issues with any of the games.

index.jpeg
I've never experienced it myself, its what I've read on the arcade otaku wiki. I have no idea if it just affects the 207A or 207A and before. Also I dont know if the issue was with the launcher verifying the games legitimacy or actually playing the game.

So before I take the plunge for some X2 hardware is: 210A a good choice ?

TIA :)

Ok who just outbid me on the 212A that just finished on YAJ?

Just going to put this here for people so its simple to find.
TYV2BQ9C
Is the unlock password for SSFIVAE export to unlock evil ryu and oni as playable.
I dont know the pass for 2012 or SSFIVAE off hand, if someone does please post.

Just going to put this here for people so its simple to find.
TYV2BQ9C
Is the unlock password for SSFIVAE export to unlock evil ryu and oni as playable.
I dont know the pass for 2012 or SSFIVAE off hand, if someone does please post.
S2K7MB4Q

I used these, the 2 player codes worked for me too on the 2P variant.
Unlock All Code

On the single player version of SSFIV, enter "SBDU8YWE" followed by "S2K7MB4Q" on the Service menu "Password" option to unlock Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma respectively.On the two player (export) version, follow the same instructions, but use codes "TX4YQC98" followed by "TYV2BQ9C".

What is the TX4YQC98 code for? I just use the TYV2BQ9C and it unlocks them both.
S2K7MB4Q also works for 2012, nice.
I used these, the 2 player codes worked for me too on the 2P variant.
Unlock All Code

On the single player version of SSFIV, enter "SBDU8YWE" followed by "S2K7MB4Q" on the Service menu "Password" option to unlock Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma respectively.On the two player (export) version, follow the same instructions, but use codes "TX4YQC98" followed by "TYV2BQ9C".

Anyone speak Portuguese? Some guy from Brazil found the thread and I've been trying to help him get a drive setup but there are some things I think that are getting lost in translation.

For those who already downloaded DeathSmiles II from me. Here is an "Update Package" that addresses the following.

1. Enables 2Player controls
  2. Fixes swapped Button1 and Button2
  3. Added support for "coining up" with the service button.
  4. NEW - Fixed swapped Button1 and Button2 for Player 2. LOL :D
***See first post for link***

If someone who has two player controls wants to test and let me know that it works I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
If someone who has two player controls wants to test and let me know that it works I'd appreciate it.
Good news: 2-player controls work
Bad News: 2-player buttons are reversed :P

Since this project has turned out so awesome I'm moving it to the Project Showcase and Sticky-ing it.

Back