What's new
This is the exact one in my system.
Probably go even cheaper getting a 512 set.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    585.6 KB · Views: 232
That's handy - I've got a box of 20 sticks of single-sided Samsung 1Gb 1R*8 PC2-6400U-666-12 from PC's works scrapped...

So that's be 2Gb of ram going into my TTX2.

Any suggestions on replacement fans as mine makes more racket then my Naomi-2...

just an update :)

I flashed the 7900GS and threw it in the X2 and it worked like a charm.. gets to the "loading multi screen then....

blackness. nothing.

Thank you rtw
But I'm live in France and shipping cost are 20$ :D

I have this 10,80€ shipping free
It's alright?

image19.jpg

Last edited:
@NathanDrake - That's not correct stuff - you need "PC2-6400U"

E = ECC - for servers or high-end workstations.
R = Registered - for servers.
F = Fully buffered - for servers.
U = Unbuffered. - for normal PC's
S = Sodimm - Laptop memory.

You want - Single sided, Unbuffered, PC2-6400 - the only reason I'm saying single sided is that's what I took out of mine and the slot nearest the CPU has a plastic heat deflector to protect the ram and the chips on the back of that stick would get heated up if I used double-sided.

Look for some ram with a label "1Gb 1Rx8 PC2-6400U" and you'll be fine - it's standard DDR2 desktop memory. I'm using two 1Gb "Samsung M378T2863QZS-CF7" in my TTX2 and it works fine.

most ddr2 ram should be fine single or double sided. just remove the protector if needed.

it just cant be ECC or Buffered.

that ram you posted nathan "should" be fine but like all ram MB comparability can be a real bitch.

Edit: currently im use 4gb of patriot 800mhz ram as i had this lying around and works fine

ok, I was able to get it up and running using the torrent, but I have to ALT-TAB to the MainWindow program to get movement in the window.

My TTX2 came with a WD 250Gb "Lord of Vermilion RE:2 Main" HDD (no dongle) is it any use to anyone or might I just as well throw it away....

ok, I was able to get it up and running using the torrent, but I have to ALT-TAB to the MainWindow program to get movement in the window.
Do you have a keyboard connected to your X2 ?

Which version are you running of the loader ?

720p or 480p ?

I'm running 720p (but this occurs in 480p mode as well) and only connected a keyboard (and rebooted) to see what was happening.

fun fact. Dips 1 and 5 were set to on when I got it and when I booted SSF4AE export a scrolling message came up talking about NESYS.

Ahhh yea you need to have atleast 1GB of ram for Deathsmiles and the Examu games aswell.

As far as the coin error on KOFXIII, you can put a resistor on your I/O board to "fake" the presence of the coin meter.

coinmeter.jpg

I'm running 720p (but this occurs in 480p mode as well) and only connected a keyboard (and rebooted) to see what was happening.

fun fact. Dips 1 and 5 were set to on when I got it and when I booted SSF4AE export a scrolling message came up talking about NESYS.
Don't really understand what is happening ... you are using version 1.0 of the loader ?

Do you have the FAST I/O PCB installed ?

You are stating that when the system powers on, the multi-menu does not have focus. This is very strange because that means there is another program running. If you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL which programs does the task manager show ?

KOF XIII was the most picky with the coin meter spoofing - I had to hook up both coin counters, one resistor for each of pins 8 and J (https://www.jammaboards.com/jcenter_jamma_pinout.html). SF4 and other games that gave me issues were satisfied with just Coin Counter #1 being spoofed.

You can get 5V off the I/O converter to avoid hacking your loom too much. Also the exact ohm value doesn't matter too much - I felt 100 was a bit scarily low, but 1000 worked fine too. I'll post a photo of my setup when I get a chance.

OK, here's the photos. Buttons 1 through 5 come in through the jamma edge. Button 6 comes in through CN3 (at the bottom in the photo). I get 5V from CN6 (on the right). Incidentally, all the button mods are possible without soldering in the Astro City harness (although I had to add a couple of extra wires in the Control Panel - let me know if anyone wants photos of that & I'll start a seperate thread).

y0kjKIDm.jpg

CN6 detail. This is a six pin connector, pinout from left is 5V, 5V, 12V, 12V, Gnd, Gnd.

g6iLsMum.jpg

Higher-res images at Imgur

Right now the resistors are connected with .110 quick disconnects to the jamma edge. Plan is to replace that whole thing with a little jamma edge extender (like the ones that add a 5V voltmeter or negatron) that I can patch in place.

With this setup and a 207A w/ 1GB ram everything I've tested has booted, although only SSF4AE has had any real use.

Right now the resistors are connected with .110 quick disconnects to the jamma edge. Plan is to replace that whole thing with a little jamma edge extender (like the ones that add a 5V voltmeter or negatron) that I can patch in place.

With this setup and a 207A w/ 1GB ram everything I've tested has booted, although only SSF4AE has had any real use.
The JAMMA edge extender is a good idea, an alternate solution for this specific I/O would be to do it inside the unit.

Which version of the multi did you test ?

Back