What's new
@deibit

That´s right i forget it.
You know whether there is a port of Death Smiles I ?

Deathsmiles is Cave CV1000 hardware.. nothing PC-related im afraid.. and the dark side guys have not yet converted the Steam game to tx2 ;)

@jugu: PM on the way

Last edited:
Deathsmiles is Cave CV1000 hardware.. nothing PC-related im afraid.. and the dark side guys have not yet converted the Steam game to tx2 ;)

@jugu: PM on the way
I know that but someone else could have converted it. ;) ;)

I would like to install the same CPU, did you must install any drivers or did you set anything at the Bios ? The specs at my both TTX2 are P4 3,4 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, GF7900GS. At Mame the newer Cave Games like IBara and more do stutter. Are the problem with the stutter at your setup with the Q6600 CPU ?
No drivers needed its plug and play. Do keep in mind though that this CPU has a higher TDP than compared to the original and i haven't completely stress tested the thermal capabilities of the heatsink.

As for stuttering with in that game im not sure but ill check when i get some time

Every time i do an Ebay TTX search that result always give me the shivers. it would be some what ok if it was at least an elsa card.

But the description really gets me. because it has more vram that means games load faster. <X

yeah.. i said in another post that no one should buy that for that price.

For the ones that cannot reflash the cards using the intructions in this forum (MAC or laptop users) I can do it for you.. I'm paid with "cookies". I did two already for people in the forum.

The main problem is that I'm not the quickest (family, not enough time) ;)

Every time i do an Ebay TTX search that result always give me the shivers. it would be some what ok if it was at least an elsa card.

But the description really gets me. because it has more vram that means games load faster. <X
Look, I don't have any problem with people sliding a five or tenner for people's time to flash a card with the 979 bios, but charging nearly $135 more for the card than you can buy it for on ebay for 3 minutes of your time in flashing it is an INCREDIBLY IDIOTIC thing to do.

You draw the ire of people that are in the know, and that's never a good thing.

Shit, I should do that and charge a FRACTION of what this dope is selling them for. I've already flashed a stack of them for me and some friends. Y'all think that is something that would be worthwhile?

Last edited:
it would be better suited to mame as it has a higher clock compared to the q6600 aswell as being a core 2.

the E8xxx CPUs wont work on a TTX mb. im not even sure the E7600 will.
According to what the chipset supports, a Q6600 isn't on the list but does work.

when you look at performance charts, focus only on the *single core* performance tests.

Those are the only tests that are relevant for TX2 (and MAME)

o.k
can i use the built CPU cooler for the E8400 or must i change it with a bigger one

Back