What's new
Hello guys,

this night i installed Nikos multi-image.It looks great and it runs very well.
The Games i have from my old SSD from Joerg i copied to the new SSD in the Multigame Games folder.
The original Games works as well but the following games are no longer running:

Ikaruga
Jamestown
Volgarr

is there a tool that i can converted these games ?

Hello guys,

this night i installed Nikos multi-image.It looks great and it runs very well.
The Games i have from my old SSD from Joerg i copied to the new SSD in the Multigame Games folder.
The original Games works as well but the following games are no longer running:

Ikaruga
Jamestown
Volgarr

is there a tool that i can converted these games ?
Hooo, that would be nice, with a few more Doujin, like valhellio or Alltynex Second or RefleX... <3

On a side note, for those of you who have been asking for vertical support in the multi. How often would you be switching between horizontal and vertical configurations?
Myself, not that much since I have dedicated cabs for both orientations, but the feature to be able to switch back and forth would be very nice to have.
For us without multiple cabs to display having the option to switch would be nice. As I too don't want to rotate my blastcity monitor for a few shmups.

maybe I'm totally wrong, but I thought we were talking about rotating the menu, not the games :)

maybe I'm totally wrong, but I thought we were talking about rotating the menu, not the games :)
Now that you mentioned it that makes better sense to me when Niko mentioned different images. I think awhile back early on mentioned wanting to swap the orientation of some of the games since the PC hacks where playable that way I think.

Do you use a Frontend for Mame ? and which is ?
and a rotate option for the Mame Frontend would be nice ?

Got a E7600 cpu today. And it does the exact same thing as your e7500: Pasts POST test, clear BIOS check(s), then goes directly to black screen at OS load.

CPU appears to registers fine in the BIOS. So, I'm thinking that the OEM cooling system is failing and causing the cpu to crash at OS load.

Re-installing the P4 chip for now.

---

Edit: Ok, I figured it out.

The north bridge chip set on the X2 mogo does NOT fully support 45 nm cpus.

That's what's causing the crash at OS load.
All core 2 duo E6xxx and prior CPUs should work. (may need beefier cooling for some of the Pentium based dual cores)

Havent tested but may work are E7xxx CPUs with a 1066 FSB. ill try and get this tested by months end.

Any CPU with a FSB higher than 1066mhz is guaranteed to not work eg. E8xxx and newer.

For mame the E7600 will be the best suited. it has a decent clock speed (3ghz) while being a newer core 2 duo architecture.

As it stands the q6600 isn't a very good choice for a TX2 build even for mame. it does have better performance over the stock p4 in mame but only marginally %15 - %25 (eyeballed figures).
Where a higher clocked more efficient core 2 duo (E7600) should in theory give better performance.

In the future once i test a few more CPUs i'll make a new thread and give some real performance stats of the CPUs.
Ok, so just tried an E7500/1066fsb, with Niko's multi, it passes the bios "bip" then black screen (type x2 logo apears longer than with the others cpu), with a original game, get's stuck in the type x2 logo, progression bar at 80%. Something to do in the bios ? (didn't have to when i go from p4 to 6400)
About mame in the type x2... any "how to" somewhere ? :whistling: :)

Last edited:
Have anyone Contra on the TTX2 ?

Last edited:
The reason I was asking, it would be much easier to just create a drive image specifically for vertical setups. Trying to rotate the screen programatically is a pain.
It would probably be easier for you to create separate drive images. I'm not sure about others on here but I personally switch between Ikagura and Street Fighter but I have separate PCs, one for Vertical and one for Standard orientation. Vertical game images on one PC and Standard game images for the other. Now if we only have one TTX2 PC, we can just switch SSD's. I figure the easier we make it for you to improve this awesome project, the better. :)

Last edited:
So what is the bottom line, best cpu, gpu to use for the X2? Also, anyone replaced fans/cooler to make it quieter and have better cooling?

216d0l.jpg

It needs to be slightly trimmed because of the big caps close to the CPU but otherwise works perfect.

I have a 80mm exhaust fan next to the CPU and. 140mm exhaust fan at the side.

Runs silent and cool.

So what is the bottom line, best cpu, gpu to use for the X2? Also, anyone replaced fans/cooler to make it quieter and have better cooling?
I replaced the case fan, cpu fan, and the two mini fans inside the power supply. The thing is silent now. Except for the giant vacuum fan on the back of the Vewlix. Need to replace that. I can get pictures up to show what I did.

I replaced the case fan, cpu fan, and the two mini fans inside the power supply. The thing is silent now. Except for the giant vacuum fan on the back of the Vewlix. Need to replace that. I can get pictures up to show what I did.
Oh, those little bastards in the PS are the noisiest, do you remember which fans you used?

Oh, those little bastards in the PS are the noisiest, do you remember which fans you used?
Amazon shows the Scythe Kaze Mini fan in my purchase history:
https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Mini-ULTRA-Silent-SY124020L/dp/B000VRVHFO

But I would need to open up the power supply to verify.

Out of curiosity, does the TTX2 monitor CPU fan speeds for low RPM?

Out of curiosity, does the TTX2 monitor CPU fan speeds for low RPM?
The Type X2 CPU fan connector is only 3 pins I believe. I'd have to open it up to verify.

I need some Help to start Mame with Nikos Image.

I got my first Multigame from Joerg at his Multi Mame and Glaunch ( Mame Frontend ) starts from the USB Device.
On the USB Device was 2 folder ( 1 folder calls glaunch and the other folder calls Mame ) and a .bat file.

For Nikos Image a create a folder and copied the 2 folder and the .bat file in the Mame folder but Mame don´t run.

can someone help me ?

jugu when you change the fun on the Vewlix please post a link of the new fun and where to purchase it. I would need to replace that on my Vewlixs. Thanks

Back