What's new
Thanks guys now I'm a little smarter.
But which CPU could bring more improvement in relation on Mame and the Cave games?
Have a look here:http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55371&hilit=taito+x2+nesica
The Gamelist looks nice but as joerg has even better prices. X( X( :D :D
I will tomorrow buy 2x2 GB Ram maybe could help at the peformence for the Mame Games.
Hmm... So what's to prevent a group buy of one of these ridiculously priced SSDs, after which the buyers release the image publicly? Hypothetically speaking, of course. :whistling:

Hmm... So what's to prevent a group buy of one of these ridiculously priced SSDs, after which the buyers release the image publicly? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Im in if anyone wants to go for this. I would be very interested in how he resolved the no need for Fast IO & RFID for certain games.

Last edited:
Reactions: idc
Chaos Code is public but unplayable because of the fast i/o emulator ( the last I read about it )...

Hmm... So what's to prevent a group buy of one of these ridiculously priced SSDs, after which the buyers release the image publicly? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Im in if anyone wants to go for this. I would be very interest in how he resolved the no need for Fast IO & RFID for certain games.
Question is, might there be any kind of Joerg-style protection on the dumps? Not that we couldn't circumvent it, but it would be interesting to see.

Everything is protected by exe packers. Not only that, half the games are all hacked to shit. For example, Persona 4 and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma uses a file encryption on some of the game files that prevent the games from running outside of Nesica. So what he did was take pieces from the PC/XBOX360 versions and hacked the games all up to not try to decrypt certain files.

In his version of King of Fighters Climax, he broke the test menu patching the game. Fixing the test menu is a pretty simple fix, he is just too fucking lazy to do it.

All of those games + more WILL be released in time. Trust me, who do you think he got those games from....

Not only that you will have proper clean dumps of all versions of all the games. Any games that do need a small patch to remove network checks, etc. will also include their original unpatched files right along side. So you never have to wonder, what was done to get the games to work.

Best part though, is it will all be 100% free! You will be able to make as many backups, or copies as you want.

The reason these games are not being released right now, is Taito and the game developers are still making money off Nesica. Not only that, but they are still releasing new games.

So trust me, do not give that douche bag any money, and just be patient. They are all being preserved properly.

As far as the FastIO/RFID goes, I know he admitted the RFID emulator was written by someone else and I suspect the FastIO is also someone else's work.

I'm currently working on developing my own RFID emulator, and the FastIO has already been figured out thanks to @Dion, another member here who helped me reverse and understand exactly how the driver works.

All of those games + more WILL be released in time. Trust me, who do you think he got those games from....

Best part though, is it will all be 100% free! You will be able to make as many backups, or copies as you want.

So trust me, do not give that douche bag any money, and just be patient. They are all being preserved properly.

As far as the FastIO/RFID goes, I know he admitted the RFID emulator was written by someone else and I suspect the FastIO is also someone else's work.

I'm currently working on developing my own RFID emulator, and the FastIO has already been figured out thanks to @Dion, another member here who helped me reverse and understand exactly how the driver works.
Well, that's good news. I've been bitten by someone using the results of projects in which I've been involved for their own gain when we put the info out there for free.

It will likely happen with the CPS2 key writer, when we release that. Yet I'd rather it happen that way, instead of lowering ourselves to their level and charging for it.

It is sweet, however, when you can occasionally turn the tables and kick the arse out of the market of the unscrupulous profiteers.

Thanks for all of your great work, @Niko. :)

Everything is protected by exe packers. Not only that, half the games are all hacked to shit. For example, Persona 4 and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma uses a file encryption on some of the game files that prevent the games from running outside of Nesica. So what he did was take pieces from the PC/XBOX360 versions and hacked the games all up to not try to decrypt certain files.

In his version of King of Fighters Climax, he broke the test menu patching the game. Fixing the test menu is a pretty simple fix, he is just too fucking lazy to do it.

Not only that you will have proper clean dumps of all versions of all the games. Any games that do need a small patch to remove network checks, etc. will also include their original unpatched files right along side. So you never have to wonder, what was done to get the games to work.

The reason these games are not being released right now, is Taito and the game developers are still making money off Nesica. Not only that, but they are still releasing new games.

I have to admit it but 3 years ago I bought his Lindbergh Multi. Man, that was terrible, full of bugs, games freezing, random resets, etc.

Luckily I met @android After that lindbergh experience was how it should be :)

All I can say is:

200.gif

i mean this in the least rude manner as possible

I wasn't intending to. i gave him all the info he needed. googling what i said will give him exactly what he is after according to my interpretation of what he is asking.

but back on track

@yotsubalim what exactly are you after or wanting to do. because if you have been searching for 2 years for TTX games then your google fu is very poor.
I have a feeling English isn't your first language and something may have been left out during translation.
I like you, dude. I'd buy you a Fosters if we weren't on complete different hemispheres. And I don't even drink :D

Hey, yea, a FOSTERS down-under if you don't like the guy. :D

I wasn't intending to. i gave him all the info he needed. googling what i said will give him exactly what he is after according to my interpretation of what he is asking.

but back on track

@yotsubalim what exactly are you after or wanting to do. because if you have been searching for 2 years for TTX games then your google fu is very poor.
I have a feeling English isn't your first language and something may have been left out during translation.
I like you, dude. I'd buy you a Fosters if we weren't on complete different hemispheres. And I don't even drink :D
Nobody still drinks Foster's. Foster's is Australian for swill. Even Australians are amazed we would import that shit. Lol.

Hey, yea, a FOSTERS down-under if you don't like the guy. :D

but back on track

Nobody still drinks Foster's. Foster's is Australian for swill. Even Australians are amazed we would import that shit. Lol.
hahah. OK, the Drink of his choosing then ;)

Hi,

today i recive my 2x2GB Dimms and did some tests.
With my TTX2 with Q6600 Cpu and 4GB Ram the Frame skip at Mame the Game "Shieryu" the Frame Skip goes down up to 64%

but usually it moves between 75% - 100%.

With the P4 3.4GB and 2GB Ram
the Frame skip at Mame the Game "Shieryu" the Frame Skip goes down up to 40% but usually it moves between 45% - 65%

I would update my P4 3.4GB from 2GB to 4GB Ram later and repeat the test with the same Game.
hi, how can you use mame in the ttx2 ? the one from joerg ?

Would there be a way to use comon rfid readers one day, like those usb things found on ebay ?

Maybe him ? :

Hi,today i recive my 2x2GB Dimms and did some tests.With my TTX2 with Q6600 Cpu and 4GB Ram the Frame skip at Mame the Game "Shieryu" the Frame Skip goes down up to 64%but usually it moves between 75% - 100%.With the P4 3.4GB and 2GB Ramthe Frame skip at Mame the Game "Shieryu" the Frame Skip goes down up to 40% but usually it moves between 45% - 65%I would update my P4 3.4GB from 2GB to 4GB Ram later and repeat the test with the same Game.
hi, how can you use mame in the ttx2 ? the one from joerg ?
Yes to test the Cpu and play Mame i use SSD with the Multi from Joerg.
For play the TTX2 Games i use the SSD with Nikos Multidrive.

Back