What's new
Just a small comment about TATE... the menu does not support TATE but the games in the Multi will run fine in a TATE cab once started (I do it every day)

I hope we get a TATE menu soon thought... at least before i get stiff neck :D

Just a small comment about TATE... the menu does not support TATE but the games in the Multi will run fine in a TATE cab once started (I do it every day)

I hope we get a TATE menu soon thought... at least before i get stiff neck :D
If you are referring to the guide, then yes, you are correct. However, the guide is in regards to the TTX Multigame. I guess I can add that though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Very good write-up!
Been looking for a TTX2 for quite some time and finally found one, can't wait for it to get here in the mail :)

Additional question though;
I have the ArcadePC Loader on my PC and the games run fine, can I use these game files for the multi disc?
Or do I need 'clean/unmodified' TTX2 game files?

I have the ArcadePC Loader on my PC and the games run fine, can I use these game files for the multi disc?Or do I need 'clean/unmodified' TTX2 game files?
Most if not all ArcadePC loader games are modified to work on PC, you should use clean images where possible to ensure the highest compatibility with your X2.

Very good write-up!Been looking for a TTX2 for quite some time and finally found one, can't wait for it to get here in the mail :) Additional question though;I have the ArcadePC Loader on my PC and the games run fine, can I use these game files for the multi disc?Or do I need 'clean/unmodified' TTX2 game files?
I would advice you to go to TPB and search for torrent from an anonymous guy called "Notniko".. it's a good basis to start :)

I have the ArcadePC Loader on my PC and the games run fine, can I use these game files for the multi disc?Or do I need 'clean/unmodified' TTX2 game files?
Most if not all ArcadePC loader games are modified to work on PC, you should use clean images where possible to ensure the highest compatibility with your X2.
I was afraid of that, will hunt down some clean images just to be sure :)

Q: Sometimes my hardware just turns off and restarts. What is going on here?
A: This is an issue that is being looked in to. It seems that it has something to do with the ttxshell. This seems to happen when a game crashes or if you quit a game and start another game instantly after the game you just quit. The system thinks the game failed and reboots. One thing to do to prevent this is to wait a little while after quitting a game before starting another game.

Q: So I updated my drive and now whenever I exit a game, I get an error on the screen telling me that "ttxshell.exe" is trying to run. What is going on?
A: What might have happened is that the OS is thinking that these files came from someplace else and doesn't trust them. Plug the hard drive back in to your computer and navigate to the "TypeXmulti" folder that you placed all of the update files. Right click on each file and go to "Properties". At the bottom of the Properties window, there will be a checkbox labeled "Unblock". Click the checkbox to check it, click "Apply", and click "Ok". The file should now be trusted. Once you have done this to all the updated files, you should not get this issue anymore.
Updated the FAQ section in my last post with these two issues.

I wonder if it wouldnt be better to be able to go back to the menu by just pressing player1+player2 button together...

problem with that is the jvs to keyboard interpreter gets disabled to allow the game control of the jvs io.

Reactions: rtw
I wonder if it wouldnt be better to be able to go back to the menu by just pressing player1+player2 button together...
problem with that is the jvs to keyboard interpreter gets disabled to allow the game control of the jvs io.
I'm actually working on this :)

I had to write a tool to log JVS traffic, in which I ended up hooking API calls. So when I'm done with this RFID emulator, I plan to use the same idea to implement a way of exiting games with holding "A+B+C+START" or "1P START + 2P START".

So when I'm done with this RFID emulator, I plan to use the same idea to implement a way of exiting games with holding "A+B+C+START" or "1P START + 2P START".
i_love_niko_t_shirts-r3cd498b6dab245a8988d6150fbec1236_jf38p_324.jpg

"A+B+C+START" or "1P START + 2P START"
Honestly, I don't mind the fact that you have to exit the Service Menu to get back to the TTXMG. I mean, even if you have a super gun, the buttons are all right there for you... The only reason someone would need to get back to the menu by holding down normal action buttons is to put this thing on location in a cab and profit off of it...

Well, I need to open the control panel lock, raise the control panel, press the button, close the control panel, and lock the control panel :)

Its easier to switch the machine on and off than to press the service button (but that's also not very convenient)

Well, I need to open the control panel lock, raise the control panel, press the button, close the control panel, and lock the control panel :)

Its easier to switch the machine on and off than to press the service button (but that's also not very convenient)
You don't NEED to lock it :P . I have that door above the coin box that allows me to access all the switches and buttons. So I open that up and just keep it open until I'm done.

I guess you are lucky ^^ ^^

I would need the button combo solution thought ;(

hello Nico

Does these 3 i/o will work as plug and play to a multi game ttx pc games?

The red one I can't find the 6th button for plaayer 1 and 2 for ssf4 ae, I have an taito type x2 arcade gaame board but I manage ti put it in these i/o boards

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-30-07-33-22.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-30-07-33-22.png
    648.6 KB · Views: 215
hello Nico

Does these 3 i/o will work as plug and play to a multi game ttx pc games?

The red one I can't find the 6th button for plaayer 1 and 2 for ssf4 ae, I have an taito type x2 arcade gaame board but I manage ti put it in these i/o boards
The Sega IO in the back should work with the Multi just make sure you have the jumper set for the extra buttons

Sega 838-13683-93

There is a some confusion as to what this IO board should be called, some refer to it as 'rev.b'.
It identifies itself as
SEGA ENTERPRISES,LTD.;I/O 838-13683B ;Ver1.07;99/06
Kick/Extra buttons
CN3 is a 14-pin JST_NH connector, when jumper JP1 in position B:
  • 5 buttons pr player, all on jamma edge
  • 8 general purpose driver outputs on CN3
Jumper JP1 in position A:
  • No general purpose outputs
  • 9 Buttons pr player, with buttons 6-9 via CN3:
1 - 5VDC Out 2 - 5VDC Out 3 - 5VDC Out 4 - P1 button 6 5 - P1 button 7 6 - P1 button 8 7 - p1 button 9 8 - p2 button 6 9 - p2 button 710 - p2 button 811 - p2 button 912 - GND13 - GND14 - GND

Last edited:
Back