What's new
Which version of the multi did you test ?

Mostly RC2, now on 1.1 beta.

I can confirm at least one 1.1 beta bug reported here: the popup menu in the selector is buggy and doesn't let you change options (like switch between crt & lcd layouts). I haven't yet had a chance to confirm the other two bugs (SamSho graphics issues and Examu input intermittent issues), but it's on my list to check them. I'll try and do that tomorrow.

Which version of the multi did you test ?
Mostly RC2, now on 1.1 beta.

I can confirm at least one 1.1 beta bug reported here: the popup menu in the selector is buggy and doesn't let you change options (like switch between crt & lcd layouts). I haven't yet had a chance to confirm the other two bugs (SamSho graphics issues and Examu input intermittent issues), but it's on my list to check them. I'll try and do that tomorrow.
As for the selector it should be possible to make that automatic i.e. read DIPs. If the DIPs are 480P menu is CRT if not LCD... Or just make the menu 480x480 and you've solved it for all resolutions :)

The settings window in 1.1 actually will let you change selections, it just appears greyed out.

480x480 might be the way I go. I'm playing with some redesign ideas right now.

Reactions: rtw
word on the street is there's a version of USF4 that was ported from NESICA to the X2.. any one know if this is true? and if so, has it been dumped?

Yea none of the Nesica or X3 stuff is public yet. The X3 version of USFIV will supposedly run on the X2 but I cant confirm. I have no problem releasing the X3 version to the public, but I dont have it. I've seen a few X3's with USFIV sell in the past few months so if anyone has one they would like to share with the community let me know and I will dump it for you. You wont even need to send me any hardware.

The Nesica stuff will come out in due time, Taito is still making money on Nesica games. So its more about protecting them than hoarding.

I can guarantee Climax will eventually make its way to the public, well atleast the Nesica version. The non Nesica version is hoarded and the only person I know who has is doesnt want to release it "because it was expensive", even though I have offered to pay him for it. Whatever.

I can guarantee Climax will eventually make its way to the public, well atleast the Nesica version. The non Nesica version is hoarded and the only person I know who has is doesnt want to release it "because it was expensive", even though I have offered to pay him for it. Whatever.
Good news!! :D

The Nesica stuff will come out in due time, Taito is still making money on Nesica games. So its more about protecting them than hoarding.
Taito has slapped US customers in the face and wont let us run Nesica here. Protecting them is of little concern to me as they wouldnt take my money anyway even if I hit them in the face with it.

the only person I know who has is doesnt want to release it "because it was expensive", even though I have offered to pay him for it. Whatever.
What a nodule that man, clearly ... ?(

Yea we've definitely got the short end of the stick. But there is no way to contain a public release to just the areas Nesica doesnt have a presence.

Also once the shit gets released, Taito will lock down and up their security again. There latest round is practically uncrackable without a live Nesica system to work with.

Yea we've definitely got the short end of the stick. But there is no way to contain a public release to just the areas Nesica doesnt have a presence.

Also once the shit gets released, Taito will lock down and up their security again. There latest round is practically uncrackable without a live Nesica system to work with.
Yeah I do completely get this, just not a fan of them giving us the big swift jimmy kick that they are.

the only person I know who has is doesnt want to release it "because it was expensive", even though I have offered to pay him for it. Whatever.
What a nodule that man, clearly ... ?(
I would still be up for a climax group buy if someone wanted to take that on and had a good source for an ok priced one.

I would still be up for a climax group buy if someone wanted to take that on and had a good source for an ok priced one.
Price for climax is around 1500 USD but it is rare, very rare ...

Arcadespareparts.com has a copy for 2000 with a ttx board.

Back