What's new
hey guys, I hate bothering you, but I am in a pickle.
I have a kof 13 kit that I bought awhile ago and got a vewlix L. Looking at the I/O my buddy told me that it looks like it is a fast I/O... so I can't play it.
What do I need to be able to play my kof 13?
any help would be appreciated!
Thank you again!
imgur.com/gallery/PWDElXz
will either of these work?https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-JVS-I...070238?hash=item5b7885fa5e:g:~NwAAOSwH8VeTZZd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taito-JVS-...566254?hash=item23de9b2a6e:g:5roAAOSwFVBfRJQq
Is the Taito JVS a drop in swap for the Fast I/O that i have in my Vewlix ?
Thanks again guys :)
I use a Capcom I/O. But I think you have to do that coin thing (sorry i forgot what it's called) to play it. If I'm not mistaken. Because what I heard KOF 13 use to coin mech. Also you could use the sega jvs io rev.b. You could PM Nico. If not it's all over Google. Plus if you go to andy gezzer site It's right there.
yes KOFXIII Climax needs the 2nd coin meter spoofed to work.

I used to own a real Climax kit (as well as a real vanilla 13 kit) and I used it with a Capcom I/O, never had to spoof the coin meter. But then again, I used them in a cabinet with a working coin meter. :P

The pics show a FAST I/O to JAMMA converter, so you'd probably either want to go find a JVS I/O and rewire the cab, or see if the coin meter spoof works. I feel like that isn't the problem here, though... in any case, yeah, I don't think this is the right thread for this. Would be cool if the mods could fork this conversation into a new thread.

Have you tried booting the game in the cab, as-is? If so, what happens? Pics and/or video would be helpful.

Honestly the best answer is YAJ but if you don't know what you're even looking for seems like a useless suggestion. The look I don't even know what this part is supposed to look like grade answer is buying straight from Taito.

I read through all 132 pages of this thread over the past few days. It's an incredible effort, and was interesting to read the progress over many years.

Thanks very much to Niko and the others who have regularly contributed. I sent Niko some beer money a few months ago, but realising how much time and effort has gone into creating and supporting this I figured he deserved another round on me :).

I'd played around with the image a little a couple of months ago before getting pretty distracted by 2020, but have been on a tear this past week, upgrading the TTX2 I have with 2x2GB RAM modules, and an Intel X6800 CPU (in case I do want to get MAME running). I've also put a removable 2.5" SATA removable hard drive tray slot that makes life a little easier.

I have a couple of questions, if anyone is game.

1) When I press the info, it reports the Memory as '3GB'. Is that to be expected with 2x2GB RAM?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.14.27 pm.png

2) When I hit the 'Service' button in my cabinet, nothing much happens. I suspect that this is due to some weirdness with wiring which I intend to look into. Just curious if there's a way to set things like free play in any other way if needed? I'm using it on an Arcooda Gamewizard Xtreme (vewlix clone), IO board pic below.

index.php

3) I am think I read that folder support was part of one of the more recent revs for the image. I assumed that meant I could potentially create E:\Fighters\ and E:\Shmups and move the various game folders into those in order to have a shorter top menu on boot, but when I tried, I could see the folders, and enter them to see the list of games underneath, but pressing 'A' didn't start the game (no reaction). Moving the games back up to the root E:\ made them work again. Was I mistaken in thinking this might be possible?

Thanks again Niko and others (Probably forgetting a few, but at including at least atrfate, corey, PascalP and rtw)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.13.16 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.13.16 pm.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 609
1) Same thing happens to me; it only reports the system as having 3GB, probably due to a limitation in the XP install being 32-bit, as Pascal pointed out. Technically, it's a 4GB limit, but around 1GB or so can be reserved by the hardware, leaving only about 3GB usable for the OS.

2) Service button works fine for me, likely a wiring problem with your cabinet. If you're using a JAMMA converter like the Capcom I/O, there are service and test buttons just before the JAMMA edge.

Thanks for the tips about 3GB RAM, makes total sense.

2) When I hit the 'Service' button in my cabinet, nothing much happens
Fixed it! Turned out the JAMMA connector had a bit of left/right give, and mustn't have been perfectly aligned. Service button is now working as expected.

3) I am think I read that folder support was part of one of the more recent revs for the image. I assumed that meant I could potentially create E:\Fighters\ and E:\Shmups and move the various game folders into those in order to have a shorter top menu on boot, but when I tried, I could see the folders, and enter them to see the list of games underneath, but pressing 'A' didn't start the game (no reaction). Moving the games back up to the root E:\ made them work again. Was I mistaken in thinking this might be possible?
@Niko any advice about folders with the 2.0 image?

Hi,

I have recently bought another TX2 unit (215A model) with 1 GB RAM, and I have noticed the framerate is low in all the games. Is it due to RAM, a bad setting or JVS IO board used ? JVS IO board used is the one from Lindbergh cab.

Hi,

I have recently bought another TX2 unit (215A model) with 1 GB RAM, and I have noticed the framerate is low in all the games. Is it due to RAM, a bad setting or JVS IO board used ? JVS IO board used is the one from Lindbergh cab.
Probably failing GPU.

Hi,

Probably failing GPU.
I have used another Elsa Gladiac 979 GT and the menu is displayed in 640x480 (with dip #2 720p enabled), and any game returns to the multigame interface.

1604672004-i-img900x1200-16034537599mhabm1635575.jpg

1604672240-i-img1200x761-1603453737xasomu180645.jpg

1604672031-i-img1200x1168-1603453737xxur021179.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Probably failing GPU.
I have used another Elsa Gladiac 979 GT and the menu is displayed in 640x480 (with dip #2 720p enabled), and any game returns to the multigame interface.

That’s the wrong GPU. You need to flash that with the Elsa 979GS BIOS. I have a thread here with instructions.

Hi,

Probably failing GPU.

That’s the wrong GPU. You need to flash that with the Elsa 979GS BIOS. I have a thread here with instructions.
Thanx for the reply. ;)

I have already reflashed it yesterday night, the issue is solved.

Btw, I still have 2 questions about minor probs :

I have noticed when I launch a game, there's always 1 credit automatically added. Is there a way to remove that (I use your latest 2.0 multi version) ?

A question about Attractmode interface for Attractmode users : how to fix the controls in menu ? When I remap joy up, down, right, left, the directions are inaccurate.

Last edited:
I have noticed when I launch a game, there's always 1 credit automatically added. Is there a way to remove that (I use your latest 2.0 multi version) ?
I have this issue too. it is like the game boots up with 1 coin. if you boot up to with settings on 2 coins per credit it shows up as 1/2 credit. its like there is a background file holding this data.

Hi,

Probably failing GPU.

Thanx for the reply. ;)
I have already reflashed it yesterday night, the issue is solved.

A question about Attractmode interface for Attractmode users : how to fix the controls in menu ? When I remap joy up, down, right, left, the directions are inaccurate.
I have this issue too. it is like the game boots up with 1 coin. if you boot up to with settings on 2 coins per credit it shows up as 1/2 credit. its like there is a background file holding this data.
The games read coin credits from the JVS I/O.

What I/O board are you using?

Thanx for the reply. ;) I have already reflashed it yesterday night, the issue is solved.

The games read coin credits from the JVS I/O.
What I/O board are you using?
I'm using Lindbergh I/O (Sega v3 I believe).

Back