What's new
I can do a group order of Walsdawg Arcade tokens. ;)

Actually we could probably design an Arcade-Projects token and do a group order. Minimum 5,000 for a custom token.
I take 50 ! (but not gold he!) :rolleyes:

so, I've been thinking about the screen resolution in the pre-game menu.. is there a reason why the OS is set to 640x480? It should be technically possible to modify the reg key below to the following values, thereby allowing for full 720p in the opening menu.

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\SERVI CES\VGASAVE\DEVICE0\DefaultSettings.XResolution = 1280
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\SERVI CES\VGASAVE\DEVICE0\DefaultSettings.YResolution = 720
These are HEX DWORD values.

Is this technically possible? It would require two separate images for those of us with HD cabs, and those that have SD 31KHz cabs as well.

so, I've been thinking about the screen resolution in the pre-game menu.. is there a reason why the OS is set to 640x480? It should be technically possible to modify the reg key below to the following values, thereby allowing for full 720p in the opening menu.

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\SERVI CES\VGASAVE\DEVICE0\DefaultSettings.XResolution = 1280
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\SERVI CES\VGASAVE\DEVICE0\DefaultSettings.YResolution = 720
These are HEX DWORD values.

Is this technically possible? It would require two separate images for those of us with HD cabs, and those that have SD 31KHz cabs as well.
LOL, we are both looking to do the same thing. I think that is one way of doing it, and technically it should work. But like you said this would have to be for HD cabs. The best solution would be to have XPE auto adjust to the displays native resolution or something like that on boot up/startup of the menu, but I am sure this entails changing settings to component drivers on XPE or something like that. I will keep looking into it.

The problem is, its hard to determine what the monitor can support pragmatically. Changing the resolution is easy. I guess I could add a 720p option to the settings menu.

Edit: That might further complicate things though, as some games are 480p only like "En-Eins Perfektewelt". I would have to test and see what happens when the default resolution is changed.

...That might further complicate things though, as some games are 480p only like "En-Eins Perfektewelt". I would have to test and see what happens when the default resolution is changed.
Did someone say En-Eins Perfektewelt? :thumbsup:
Niko, I would be more than happy to uh... test...yeah thats it, test this for you.

...That might further complicate things though, as some games are 480p only like "En-Eins Perfektewelt". I would have to test and see what happens when the default resolution is changed.
Did someone say En-Eins Perfektewelt? :thumbsup: Niko, I would be more than happy to uh... test...yeah thats it, test this for you.
Make him touch your butt Niko :D

@Niko
Don't want to bother you but... do you have any news about the namco i/o input issue? Or maybe...in the next multi release? :D :D

Thanks!!

It may be possible to intervene before the shell and read the dips then you should be able to set the res pre shell which when that loads should be in the desired res.

Ill run some tests today and see if i can find a solution.

@kagutaba I need to get you a logger so we can find out what your I/O is requesting.

I think the "some games only running at 480p" issue is actually an EDID problem. I've noticed with my monitor, games like Battle Fantasia only run in 480p unless the monitor is connected via VGA.

@kagutaba I need to get you a logger so we can find out what your I/O is requesting.

I think the "some games only running at 480p" issue is actually an EDID problem. I've noticed with my monitor, games like Battle Fantasia only run in 480p unless the monitor is connected via VGA.
I can confirm I have the same prob as well, Battle Fantasia only in 480p unless I use VGA adapter.

hmm.. that's interesting. I can only get my X2 running on my VLX if I use the VGA to DVI adapter. I think this may be because the DVI cable I used was substandard. Regardless, if this is the case then I personally should be good to go. :D

Ok small update with the "480p only" issue, i think this has to do with the DVI cable/adapters we are using. There are multiple types of "DVI", the most common being DVI-D which is a digital only. I checked every DVI to HDMI adapter in the house and they are all DVI-D, my DVI to VGA however is DVI-I which supports both digital and analogue signals.

If your monitor supports DVI, try to locate a "DVI-I" cable and test with that. Amazon has some DVI-I to HDMI adapters which I ordered and will test on Saturday when they arrive, however I'm pretty skeptical.

If your monitor is VGA only and you have this 480p issue, check and make sure the DVI to VGA adapter your using isnt DVI-D

7801.dvid.gif

Ok just got the DVI-I to HDMI adapter in and tested it out. It did indeed fix the 480p issue.

So if anyone is having problems with Battle Fantasia only running in 480p you need to get a DVI-I adapter/cable or you will also have problems with some Nesica games only playing in 480p.

Do games like KOF xiii climax run at 480p,if so, are they running 480p 16:9, or 4:3 letterbox?

Back