What's new
if possible do you think you could take some HQ photos of the bare MB an GPU

for the MB doing it in 1/4 would be best.

i ask because technically it should work. the game it self doesn't contact anything special as far as im aware so this would suggest that there is a true hardware incompatibility eg a device revision change like a GPU or a sound chip or maybe a BIOS revision playing havoc on the PCI bus.

Yeah sure, I can do that tomorrow. Is there any way to tell Windows to flip vertical mode the other way around? I'm playing my X2 on a consumer LCD which rotates in the opposite direction so Raiden and the sort are all upside down. I know Konami has an executable on their games as another board I have will let you specify rotate.exe 90/180/270 to change the monitor orientation before a game loads.

Yeah sure, I can do that tomorrow. Is there any way to tell Windows to flip vertical mode the other way around? I'm playing my X2 on a consumer LCD which rotates in the opposite direction so Raiden and the sort are all upside down. I know Konami has an executable on their games as another board I have will let you specify rotate.exe 90/180/270 to change the monitor orientation before a game loads.
this would help me too. I felt like an idiot the other day...

1) oh I'll just physically turn the monitor the other way? No... mounting bracket has 3 prongs so isn't symmetrical.

2) oh I'll just rotate the screen from within the monitor's menu? No... the "rotate" selector only rotates the goddamn on-screen-display

3) ok I'll rotate it within the game's menu? No... fun, its in Japanese.

4) OK Japanese... meet Google Translate!! No... its not in the menu anyway

Somewhat off topic, but where would you go about getting an X2 or X3? I asked the arcade vendor in Toronto about it, they said they'd have to look into it, but it will probably be expensive. I wanted to setup SSF2X, Alpha 3, Third Strike and USF4 legitimately.

Try Yahoo Auctions Japan for an X2 or X3. Buyee.jp can be your proxy. There are usually a bunch for sale though expect +$100 usd for shipping.

Edit: I like this seller, he has a sf4 up right now. http://buyee.jp/item/search/seller/kachanvega
Otherwise in the "base" category searching for "taito" works. The supply ebbs and flows... but they don't seem to be rare on YAJ at all.

Last edited:
I just picked up a TTX2 version 212x from a forum member here. I am on post #601 of this thread with a lot left to read. I will get to them all before the week is out. The plan is to have this unit go into a Gen 1 Big Blue with a 31khz monitor. There is currently a Capcom I/O in there. But I plan on pulling that I/O out and going with a Sega I/O for which I have quite a few of them. I will be flashing my Nvidia GPU this weekend and installing it.

Anything I should know about this version of the TTX2 before I go forward with this?

What's the proper way to commit via ewf on this image? I'm goofing around with monitor orientation to test something however using "ewfmgr c: -commit" isn't working as I can't find a method to cleanly shut down/reboot the image to apply the update.

@acblunden2 a 212x? I wonder if that unit came from a deluxe game. Can you take a picture of the stickers on the bottom right hand corner?

@sammargh try "ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable -live" then just make sure to "ewfmgr c: enable" again.

What's the proper way to commit via ewf on this image? I'm goofing around with monitor orientation to test something however using "ewfmgr c: -commit" isn't working as I can't find a method to cleanly shut down/reboot the image to apply the update.
I hope you figure it out! Would love to flip these games so I can play 'em

@acblunden2 a 212x? I wonder if that unit came from a deluxe game. Can you take a picture of the stickers on the bottom right hand corner?

@sammargh try "ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable -live" then just make sure to "ewfmgr c: enable" again.
Sorry, it is a 212A. Came from @xRealNinjuzx who got it from @Derick2k. It was a CyberDriver setup. I hope I educated myself correctly regarding the 212A. Hope I can multiboot with it after the video card upgrade and setting up the drive.

Sorry, it is a 212A. Came from @xRealNinjuzx who got it from @Derick2k. It was a CyberDriver setup. I hope I educated myself correctly regarding the 212A. Hope I can multiboot with it after the video card upgrade and setting up the drive.
Ahh, you shouldnt have any problems. What video card is in there now? The 9800GT?

Did he give you the cyber diver drive? The card should be a 9800gt unless he replaced it.

Did he give you the cyber diver drive? The card should be a 9800gt unless he replaced it.
I have the motherboard with whatever stock video card is in there. So that should be the 9800GT. It came with an HDD that is a blue Western Digital 320GB drive. I am hoping that is the CyberDiver drive. Then he gave me a separate 7900GS video card along with a USB thumbdrive so that I can flash the BIOS on that card. I'll get to that this weekend.

My 212A had a gladiac 998 GT SP installed.

Swapped it for a 979SC and the multi works fine.

Had a [new] problem the other day playing DSII on my taito X2 that I just wanted to share the in the end simple solution for. (long story, simple solution)

The problem was performance related and the game was barely starting with sound and huge lag. Impossible to play, all [most, the ones I tested and that was several] other games plays without any problems....

To begin with I have two X2's, one with vertical setup and the other one in horizontal setup. I'm using the very same Niko 1.3 ISO image, with the same set of files. Initially I thought this was related to the disks having a different history (you know over time one copies files, and updates... maybe this was from 1.0 -> 1.1 or 1.1 -> 1.3... not fully certain at the time....). Changing disks did not solve the problem, so it was clearly not related to content on disk. Next check was the X2's. same 208A, same graphic card, all fans running.

One difference spotted (that I at the time was not aware of) is that there were 2 different brands of monitors (both are Vewlix L AMI) and the vertical was fed with DVI cable (lower output), and the failing one had dvd-VGA converter (topmost output).

In one of the posts here (don't remember the exact one), there was some discussion about the DVI-i cable and the X2 somehow syncing... so I thought maybe I had been playing DS2 on the now vertical setup in the past. Swapping the X2 to the other Vewlix did not make a change, so the problem had to be the X2 anyway. At this point I was quite frustrated and next thing I was going to do was to exchange the graphic cards... And while opening the X2, I eventually found the problem... one of the DIMM RAMs had popped up in one of the sockets. Not much, but enough to not function.

End of story - happy gamer, enjoying and appreciating Nikos great image!

xhf3DZhl.jpg

I was able to get Crimson Clover to work in 720p by running C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Desk.cpl from command prompt and setting the desktop resolution to 1280x720 before launching it. May be worthwhile in a future version of the launcher to include a flag that forces the desktop resolution to change before launching a game and then reverting to 640x480 when multi launches again.

Edit: huzzah! I broke everything! But great news, was able to get the bios version on 205A because of it.
PobvUepl.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Any luck with getting the rotation settings to be flipped for those consumer LCDs (like mine)?

xhf3DZhl.jpg

I was able to get Crimson Clover to work in 720p by running C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Desk.cpl from command prompt and setting the desktop resolution to 1280x720 before launching it. May be worthwhile in a future version of the launcher to include a flag that forces the desktop resolution to change before launching a game and then reverting to 640x480 when multi launches again.
In the future version, the Nesica version will be supported ;)

Back