What's new

hoagtech

Enlightened
Reaction score
My Aero was working great. I hauled it upstairs to help with a test video for Mike Chi.

When I hauled it back downstairs.

It wasn't able to to play games anymore. The image would just roll wildly. Finally the fuse blew.

I replaced the fuse and tried to mitigate the rolling screen.

I adjusted the Vertical and Horizontal Hold and it would help, but slowly rolled in one direction and picked up speed until it rolled even faster.

I thought switching out the Chassis would help so I grabbed another Nanao MS8 26 and it had the exact same issue.

The screen just keeps rolling.

When I moved the Aero. I disconnected the monitor. But I'm not sure what could be causing this..
Does anyone know where to begin to troubleshoot this issue or had a similar issue?

BEFORE:

5-CD5846-F-B801-41-BE-9767-EDA89979-D6-CC.jpg

AFTER:

3-E857-EEF-20-A6-4700-8-A58-CBB8-D459-F3-B6.jpg

Check video sync and video ground connections from the jamma edge connector to the monitor video input.

Check video sync and video ground connections from the jamma edge connector to the monitor video input.
I disconnected the Jamma and followed to its point of connector.

I did notice one of the ground wires was disconnected wire tied to the loom intentionally.

79-F372-D7-878-C-4007-A3-D4-E8-B7-B9-B7317-F.jpg

I ran continuity to from the Jamma edge to the connector and they both beeped fine.

FA2783-FE-FD47-4-EAF-9299-0-D6-EA2-C69531.jpg

I still cant get a stable image. It wants to roll to the right. Even when I subtlety roll the image to the left it slowly goes right. The vertical Doesn't hold either.

9540-D996-C9-B1-4-F74-A284-19865-DF73-D39.jpg

The voltage was 5.01 at the jamma edge as well.

You've tested it with a different game?

Maybe both of your chassis are faulty. I've found broken solder joints very common with this chassis.

Following. My issue seemed to be one of the sync cables having a cold solder joint at the small edge connector portion. Check that, make sure the connections are not loose.

You've tested it with a different game?

Maybe both of your chassis are faulty. I've found broken solder joints very common with this chassis.
Yes. Same issue with multiple games and two previously working chassis.

Ill grab my best chassis and test again next time Im there.

Ill check the RGBS connector on the chassis too. I may as well reflow it too

Reactions: nem
Back