What's new

frsj8112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got hold of an Afterburner upright arcade machine with Afterburner 2 in it.
It seems that Sega were lazy when they developed this game, because when in Free-play mode (DIP switched) I still need to insert coin to actually be able to play the game.

I found this site (http://reassembler.blogspot.com/2017/04/afterburner-2-enhanced-edition.html) that provides an enhanced version of AB2, but it seems odd that I need to provide so much info about my machine also sending pictures of me with the machine LOL.

Does anyone have the ROMs?
I don't need fancy extras, just true free play ability

if you get the roms - share them.
i have 2 pcb's i'd like to upgrade, the guy is an asshole asking for machine foto's.

A lot of work went into those enhanced roms, is it really that much to ask for a picture and proof that you own the machine? It's to stop people profiting from his work by selling them on ebay as previously happened with the Outrun enhanced roms, please don't post them publically and respect the authors wishes.

for every surviving machine there is probably 50 boards owned by collectors who may have alterate cabs to run them in or "supergun" type setups.
he could just ask to see the board.
2 other things.
1: it's not his roms, his work is a derivative of sega copywrited material.
2: it wont stop scum selling romset dvd's or chips or cloned harddrives on ebay - nothing stops those type of people.

I only have OutRun and Afterburner pcbs, no actual cabinets. He was happy send me the files for a small donation.
I made a donation to the brain tumor charity which he supports with the little money he has received for his hard work.

Reactions: stj
Back