What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. to decent priced donors…

I'd recommend moving to TSOP48 flash memory and using level converters for the address and data busses instead of having so many EPROMs, considering the weight, memory cost, and time spent preparing it.

I'd recommend moving to TSOP48 flash memory and using level converters for the address and data busses instead of having so many EPROMs, considering the weight, memory cost, and time spent preparing it.
It's a solution I obviously took into account but then discarded because surface mounted devices are not easily serviceable by intermediate users.
Then, you know, we are old school :)

R.I.P. to decent priced donors…
Nah, this system had plenty of games.
When people start getting them i'm sure collectors with a bunch of them will no longer need a stack of motherboards to play the same stuff ;)
And the 1PP rule will stop flippers!

It's a solution I obviously took into account but then discarded because surface mounted devices are not easily serviceable by intermediate users.
Then, you know, we are old school :)
Yes we looked into many options, F chips, 322's, QFP's 801 etc etc,
However with the 8x different data busses and high chance of program update / new games added standard roms are required.

Insane work! Congrats to @Hammy and @caius.
Thanks! Jaleco 32 bit is all yours to do, i ain't got nothin' for it :)

Last edited:
Saint Dragon alone is worth grabbing this multi for. Some serious NMK goodness with great sound design and a decent challenge. I bought an entire cab just to get that game!

@Hammy -- I know it's a little pre-emptive, but will you be supplying blank EPROMS?

If not and you know what they will be, could you PLEASE let us know so I can look at getting some? My last batch of chips still haven't shown up and I've been waiting nearly 2 months!

Last edited:
@Hammy -- I know it's a little pre-emptive, but will you be supplying blank EPROMS?
Sadly not, there's also a ton of burning needed so it's well advised to have them ready and programmed in advance.
Plus i don't have time to verify 100's of roms are good, as some can "look" good but fail in circuit.

I will include the EEPROM for the PROM pre-programmed however as a "funky" one is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back