What's new
I've seen modules similar to that with the chips mounted 2 per side.

I've actually got a small collection of 32 and 64mbit modules that I pulled from bootleg PCBs, once of these days I'll see if I can figure out how to reprogram them.

I've actually got a small collection of 32 and 64mbit modules that I pulled from bootleg PCBs, once of these days I'll see if I can figure out how to reprogram them.
That would be a good idea in any case - though there is a good chance that the chips will be obsolete or chips left over from big manufacturers for other projects, like the weird chips in those 161-in-1 MVS carts.

Another method could be fitting the chips to the top board and running a little cable for the data lines...
Or extending the board to a bigger physical size is always an option if there's enough games to be worth it.

Depends on how hardcore you are... the decoders should allow 8 A-Roms and 4 B-Roms, if you piggy-back them and use wires to select select them.
genius! Just rigged up the 3 missing eprom and the game works perfectly now! This is a picture of my ghetto install.
IMG_1765.JPG

It's amazing, but my head is going
f66.jpg

Stuff like that used to be relatively common on some old 8 and 16 bit platforms to expand RAM - you piggy-backed new RAM onto the old, cut some traces and added some decoder logic dead-bug style to address it.

Stuff like that used to be relatively common on some old 8 and 16 bit platforms to expand RAM - you piggy-backed new RAM onto the old, cut some traces and added some decoder logic dead-bug style to address it.
Oh for sure, I've definitely done similar. It just makes me smile to be completely honest.

Now to install this math coprocessor in my Mac SE (seriously) ^^

Not sure ... do you have an ethernet card?
No ethernet, I do have a wimodem232 though which is really awesome.

The maths coprocessor is a 68882, it's going on a 16mhz micromac accelerator I was lucky enough to find recently. It already has the socket and components for the 25mhz 68882. The micromac is then going into the PDS slot :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the community and recently bought my first IGS motherboard and some games. I've read a bit about converted games and maybe it's stupid what I'm going to ask, but is there a possibility to convert some donor game into something other than Cave Shooters, for example Demon Front or The Gladiator?

not currently.

I would recommend you get in touch with @sheep_nova and just buy originals of those games.

Thanks for your answer :). Is that Sheep_nova the same Sheep_nova from Ebay? I was looking a few weeks ago on ebay and saw that he was selling some games (in fact I bought one from him), but I didn't see that he had any of the ones I mentioned (Demon Front or The Gladiator) at his disposal. ;(

Yes he is the same person. buying through the forum will be cheaper since there are no eBay fees. Demon Front and The Gladiator are popular games on PGM so when they become available they sell immediately. Often times they will go to people here on the forum waiting so it's not often that inventory will make it to eBay.

Oh I understand, then I'll talk to him in case he's selling any of them. I really appreciate your answers and your time :D
Yes he is the same person. buying through the forum will be cheaper since there are no eBay fees. Demon Front and The Gladiator are popular games on PGM so when they become available they sell immediately. Often times they will go to people here on the forum waiting so it's not often that inventory will make it to eBay.

Demon Front is unfortunately sold out. Questionable whether or not you can get them cheaper than ebay in my recent experience, but wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

Back