What's new
Want To Buy

St4rgalaqtic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a new cab that is in need of a wooden PCB board for mounting PCB's.

go to a hardware store and get a sheet of plywood…
Or give me the dimensions and I could cut you one?

What cab did you get? The size of the mounting board is not standard across cabinets. Someone here can provide dimensions and you can get some plywood. I prefer birch since it’s generally smoother and harder wood. Some stores like Home Depot will cut wood to size if you don’t have a table saw.

I tried to go to Lowes, with mesaurements and maybe it was just a bad day. As the guy took my measurements and never returned to the cutting space. I have a Capcom Status 18 that needs it. I'm going to give homedepot a try as suggested. I am hoping they have MDF, if not I will be contacting Neodogg. Thank you all

Others can chime in here if they've used MDF for this, but my preference would be for real wood if you will be sliding the board in and out and removing/reinserting screws often.

I’d lean to plywood, Birch on the top of the scale, over MDF. Let me know what/how many you need. Depending on what parts of Pitt you’re in, I can get them there for free.

What I did is go to a cabinet maker. I asked for the measurements I needed an he set aside scrap pine pieces for me close enough to the size I needed and he trimmed them down to the size I need for my Blast and size for Astros as well. Pine wood is expensive and I feel like he hooked me up tremendously cutting them to those sizes. I paid about $30 for a total of 12 pieces. I would have paid more for one sheet and not gotten as much. Good luck. 👍

What I did is go to a cabinet maker. I asked for the measurements I needed an he set aside scrap pine pieces for me close enough to the size I needed and he trimmed them down to the size I need for my Blast and size for Astros as well. Pine wood is expensive and I feel like he hooked me up tremendously cutting them to those sizes. I paid about $30 for a total of 12 pieces. I would have paid more for one sheet and not gotten as much. Good luck. 👍

I did the same last week

Attachments

• IMG_9889_Original.jpeg
    IMG_9889_Original.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 0b9d1423e628ffd2d0f32210a72ff5f5.jpeg
    0b9d1423e628ffd2d0f32210a72ff5f5.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 36
Definitely go for real wood.
Something that you can just screw into, and not have to drill holes first to get screws in cleanly. Trust me, the ability to just screw into the wood without worrying about it chipping out is peace of mind.

Go with plywood, which is what the original pcb holders in most candy cabs are.

What I usually do since I don't have a table saw is go to Home Depot or Lowes that have cutting services and get them to cut the board to the dimensions. They can do it cleanly, and for free. you just pay for the wood. You don't even need to buy full sheets if you don't want. they have smaller sized boards you can use for much cheaper than a full sheet.

Back